First CAG post, first truly amazing gaming deal of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigbezzle

CAGiversary!
So I got on Craigslist and bought the following:

Xbox 360 Elite bundle with 7 games, 3 controllers, 3 headsets, Rock Band 2 complete bundle, Resident Evil 5 collector's edition: $500
PS3 60GB back-compatible ver, MGS4, Prince of Persia, Killzone 2, 2 Sixaxis controllers, and an HDMI cable: A WHOPPING $175!!!

After I trade in all the worthless junk at Gamestop, I'm able to get Uncharted, a Dual Shock 3, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War 2, 2 1600-point XBL cards, and a Rock Band drum pedal all FOR FREE.

So I basically paid under $700 for a 360, PS3, Rock Band 2 bundle, and a shite-ton of other stuff. What a deal.

Wow, great deal!

What worthless junk are you going to trade in, CAGers may be interested in buying some of it off of you, I know I might be.

The only thing I have right now that I'd like to unload is a used but perfect working 120GB 360 hard drive.

[quote name='craigbezzle']The only thing I have right now that I'd like to unload is a used but perfect working 120GB 360 hard drive.[/QUOTE]

How much do you want for it? I've been wanting to upgrade my hard drive for a while.

I'm asking $100, or trades, or a combination of cash/trades. My wants are:

360- Fable 2, Saints Row 2, Fear 2, Skate 2, Left 4 Dead, Street Fighter IV, GH: World Tour (game), Call of Duty: World at War, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Prince of Persia, Dead Space, Wireless Internet Adapter, Wireless Headset
PS3- Resistance 1 and 2, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Dual Shock 3 controller, Bluetooth Headset
PS2- God of War 2, Okami

The lowest I've seen them used is $90+shipping. Gamestop sells refurb'd for $100. They are still $150 retail. I think $100 is fair.

[quote name='craigbezzle']The lowest I've seen them used is $90+shipping. Gamestop sells refurb'd for $100. They are still $150 retail. I think $100 is fair.[/quote]

[quote name='Mako1215']If it came straight from him and he could varify that it was taken care of then I think someone would pay 100$ that is if it's 100-shipped

and on jealous on the fuckin 60gb ps3 for $175. i fuckin want one.[/quote]

Ignore CheapestGamer, he's most likely trying to make you believe it's worth much less so he can buy it off you ;)

[quote name='QiG']Ignore CheapestGamer, he's most likely trying to make you believe it's worth much less so he can buy it off you ;)[/quote]

IDK that seemed like fairly solid logic to me. Buying something from a retail store or buying the same product for the same price from a random person on the internet? I'd choose retail as well.

But, grats on the deal OP.

Umm guys, he just joined this month and is trying to sell stuff outside the trade forum..don't be fooled by the nice guy facade. BAIL OUT

[quote name='craigbezzle']I've gotten multiple Craigslist offers for $100. So I know it's worth it. Is everyone an ass on CAG?[/quote]

No it's just that we're not naive as those Craiglist responders. $90 shipped is pushing it if you ask me for a used 120 GB. Not only that, you're not throwing in the transfer cable (which can be gotten very easily actually) which people are going to want.

It's great you got a pretty good deal, but don't come in here trying to pull a fast one on others without some of us calling bullshit.

[quote name='craigbezzle']I've gotten multiple Craigslist offers for $100. So I know it's worth it. Is everyone an ass on CAG?[/quote]

I would be more of a smartass here, but I'll just be blunt as usual. If you're getting offers from Craigslist, then SELL IT ON CRAIGSLIST.

Since you're a newbie though, you'll eventually learn what is considered a reasonable amount and what is considered pushing it on here when trying to get rid of stuff.

OP, congrats on the score.

New users aren't allowed to make threads in the Trading Forum until they've been here for 30 days. You can post in existing threads without issue, though making your own TL isn't allowed until your 31st day here.

Keep your trading posts and requests in the Trading Forum, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back