First Chromehounds Review (Eurogamer)

Yeouch. I got bored with the pace of the demo, I figured it was just the part, I had no idea the whole game would be paced that slow.. "Sometimes you get to destroy an enemy base. This involves standing next to it pressing the fire button for five minutes." Truly a shame, it could've been great.

All I want it is a prettier MechAssault 1 with a few more online options and maybe a custom mech builder.

:cry:

Why god, why can't there be a decent mech game that doesn't cost $200...

Well aside from Mech Assault but there's only 2 of them.

It looks like Sega did it to us again(Full Auto). Gave us a concept we'd like, make the gameplay look good, and then have the game turn out like crap.

Oh well, back to the drawing board for sega...maybe this game will get some new life when it turns up in the bargain bin.

not suprising considering From Software has never made a "good" mech game. AC has always been ok, but it's always been the same thing over and over.

Im not goin to listen it. Im hearing from almost everyone that the online gameplay is just phenominal and loads of fun. I really dont care about single, if the online is as good as people are saying it is then all the reviews could be 4/10 and id still get it

4/10? Seems like that's a bit generous to me. I thought the demo was garbage. 2/10 material from what I played. It felt generic, slow, boring, and just simply unfun.

I'm really surprised. I would think that with From Software behind it it could have been a stellar game with some faster pacing instead of the drag-fest it turned out to be.

Then again, I'm the sort of guy who would love getting the customization found in Armored Core (plus the ability to toss new parts and whatnot via Live for updates) combined with some destructable environments (Otogi 2) with a fast pace and a story on the level of some of the better ones found in, say, the Front Mission series.

To be fair, though, I've been waiting for a solid mech joyfest since Assault Suit Leynos 2.

If they just had the crosshairs in the 3rd person camera, I'd be happy. The aiming in this is crap... Most weapons (if not all) seem to be dumbfire, they don't track or lock on, which would be fine if you didn't get a really stupid way of aiming them, either with the useless 1st person camera, or with the little scope in the top corner. Terrible system.

Liked just about everything else though. Its too bad.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Lost Planet is from Capcom.

Unless you mean a game that utlizes mechs in a manner which is fun.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the mech thing is what I meant.

All of you are putting too much faith behind Eurogamer. Why not go find some people who actually played the game already and get their take. I can swear that about 80% of the people I talked to say the online gameplay is one of the best to date. Also, the demo is nothing like the finished game and you all have to remember, this game is based on MULTIPLAYER not singleplayer. Sega said that awhile back

After seeing the recent gameplay videos, I knew the game would end up being a disappointment... somebody really needs to follow Kojima's blueprint with Zone of the Enders or at least speed these mech games the fuck up. I don't want a "methodical" mech game that consists of walking around aimlessly and hoping to find something to shoot in a relatively unimpressive battle... I want fast paced action and shit blowing up all over the place... y'know, the stuff that makes people like mechs in the first place.

[quote name='Chacrana']After seeing the recent gameplay videos, I knew the game would end up being a disappointment... somebody really needs to follow Kojima's blueprint with Zone of the Enders or at least speed these mech games the fuck up. I don't want a "methodical" mech game that consists of walking around aimlessly and hoping to find something to shoot in a relatively unimpressive battle... I want fast paced action and shit blowing up all over the place... y'know, the stuff that makes people like mechs in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Like the sensation I had playing that Lost Planet demo. Man, if they can pull off the same number of explosions and smooth gameplay in their multiplayer, that game may end up being a huge suprise smash.

bread's done
Back