First ever game that you beat

chronodev

CAGiversary!
What was the first ever game that you managed to beat?

For me, it was the Atari 2600 game Adventure on the first level of difficulty (I'll admit, it was pretty easy :) )

More memorable though, was the first game that I beat on my Commodore 64, one called "Mercenary" which was a lot more complex and challenging.

On a game that had a true clear cut ending: Mega Man 2.

Edit - Actually I think it was Double Dragon (NES)

Last edited by a moderator:
Life Force for NES, but we cheated...my brother and me had Contra for NES, and we knew of the code for the free lives. Well since this game was also by Konami, we decided to try the code to see what happened and ended up beating the game the same day we bought it.

[quote name='Scorch']Super Mario Brothers on the NES.[/quote]

Same. Beat it before Kindergarten. My (at the time) teenage brother was pissed and embarassed that he hadn't beaten it.

[quote name='Rig']Same. Beat it before Kindergarten. My (at the time) teenage brother was pissed and embarassed that he hadn't beaten it.[/quote]

HA!! Same here! I had it beat when I was.. I think 3? But I couldn't beat it again for years after that!

I moved on to Mega Man. Never have beaten a MM game (except the X ones, I think).

After Mario, I'm pretty sure it was both Duck Hunt games, then the TMNT games (Not the first one, the first one was just insane).

Arcade game actually: Xenophobe.

I must have put $100 in that dame machine over a couple years, but it was the only arcade cabinet in the neighborhood and I didn't have a game system.

The first console game was much later (after the NES was more reasonably priced for my family... 1989 maybe?) and then, much like others, it was Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros for me. Before that 90% of the games I had for Atari I don't think had an ending. I guess you could count Barnstorming as the first game I beat then, but I don't think you could actually lose at that game. It was more of a speedrun type game.

This wasn't the first game I beat, but it's my clearest memory:

My cousins had a Super Nintendo before I did and every time I went to their house I would play Final Fantasy VI (we were calling it III then, of course) in short snippets, usually on one of their saves.

When I finally got my own SNES that was the first game I got and I must have spent the next week holed up in the basement playing it (I was about 10 I guess). When I finally beat it I was so excited I jumped up off my couch pumping my fist in the air (ironically, the same motion the party makes when they win a battle) and promptly put it straight through one of the fluorescent lights of the low ceiling. You can still kind of see the scar.

To this day I still play FFVI all the way through at least once a year, although I have yet to hurt myself again while beating it.

Probably Super Mario Bros, Altered Beast, or Bad Dudes. I dont exactly remember which one. The earliest game I remember being most proud of beating however was River City Ransom.

[quote name='Scorch']HA!! Same here! I had it beat when I was.. I think 3? But I couldn't beat it again for years after that!

I moved on to Mega Man. Never have beaten a MM game (except the X ones, I think).

After Mario, I'm pretty sure it was both Duck Hunt games, then the TMNT games (Not the first one, the first one was just insane).[/QUOTE]

The Mega Man games were/are a bitch to beat. The only one I beat was 2, though I was very close on 1 and 3.

Mega Man was the first for me. I've since beaten every single one of the original series (1-8), as well as the first X, Zero, and ZX games.

First game was Super Mario Brothers then Castlevania and Simon's Quest after that Contra. I don't believe any of the Atari 2600 games I played had endings lol.

My first was Ducktales. Got so excited that I woke my mom up at 9am on a Sunday to tell her about it.

duck_tales_nes_screenshot4.gif

Pretty sure it was Sonic the Hedgehod on the Genesis... took up nearly a whole Saturday.

First game I saw beaten was Wizards and Warriors on NES- my brother and sister had to play in-tandem to finish it... y'know, a couple bosses only he could beat, a couple only she could. (I was never very good at that game, so...)

Maniac Mansion. To be fair, my friend had it for a year or two before I got my SNES. Once a month or two, I'd sleepover at his house and we'd rent something. It didn't matter what we rented... an hour or two later we were playing Manic Mansion all night. When my dad bought a used NES shortly before my bro and I got our SNES, I borrowed it from him. I beat it every way and amazed my family.

First game I beat by myself with not watching someone, was Super Mario World. I didn't play the NES much as my dad had no good games for it. Seriously... he didn't even have Mario Bros. It wouldn't be until like 2001 or so that I told my sister who was going yard sale-ing to buy me any SNES games she found and she managed to get me All-Stars for $1.50.

I believe it was Dragon Warrior (NES), but it could've been Crystalis. I didn't start playing NES til around '90, because I was just born around its release. Those were my favorite two games at the time though.

Donkey Kong - Coleco Vision
There is no end to the game but I figured since I flipped the score back to 0 it was officially pwned.

Personal achievement: 1 quarter win
Heavy Barrels
Black Tiger

[quote name='Scorch']Super Mario Brothers on the NES.[/QUOTE]

Same. I remember Contra,Mario,Ninja Gaiden,Bad Dudes,Shadow Of The Ninja,Double Dragon. Those was the days...

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Probably ET for the 2600 (not kidding). [/QUOTE]

Same here, though I don't really remember much of it....just collecting all of the pieces of the phone and calling home (?). Was that the end? I forget!

[quote name='joeyd07']My first was Ducktales. Got so excited that I woke my mom up at 9am on a Sunday to tell her about it.

[/QUOTE]

Ducktales was the first nes game that I beat...fun times.

Super Mario Bros 1
Then probably double dragont he arcade game.
a friend had an acrade machine in his basement so we loaded if up with quarters and played till we won. Good Times

Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

Fairly recent compared to everyone else. Well, I did manage to beat it 100%
or should I say 117%

bread's done
Back