First Grindhouse Review Up

Really want to see this movie, but that review annoyed the hell out of me. I got it, you were excited and the movie lived up to your expectations, now either say something interesting or shut the hell up.

im stealing that dumpster full of dropkicks quote that shit is the funniest thing ive read in a while. the guy must be on meds but that easily the best review for anything ive ever read. i wasnt too keen on this film especially with tarantinos involvement but now yeah sign me up. and hes right there has been an unbelivable bit of an upswing in film quality ( at least its starting) maybe peopel will finally give more original and inventive films a chance. and i definelty want to see more horror films.........quality horror.

That review was terrible. I hope whoever wrote it gets a terminal illness.

Tarantino's first directing job. Sweet! :lol:

PLANET OF TERROR is directed by Robert Rodriquez, which is all I need to say. In fact, instead of his name on poster saying, “Directed By”, he can legally change his name to a picture of a naked Viking woman on a snowmobile with flamethrowers out the back and the flamethrowers are killing a Yeti. That’s the level of guaranteed quality his name brings to stuff.
:lol:

Terrible review, but I'm definitely looking forward to the movie.

What the hell was that guy talking about?

I'm going to see it and buy the dvd. I love both the directors and their styles.

[quote name='bobo2k4']What the hell was that guy talking about?

I'm going to see it and buy the dvd. I love both the directors and their styles.[/QUOTE]

The guy is a long running movie reviewer on AICN... the first review I recall reading of his was for X-Men 2... I personally think it's funny, everyone has to remember to take his reviews as a joke though. He doesn't actually think it's Quentin Tarantino's directorial debut... he's just "in character".

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Who are all the people that are doing the fake trailers?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure its Rob Zombie, Eli Roth, and maybe Tarrantino. First two are defs

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I am pretty sure its Rob Zombie, Eli Roth, and maybe Tarrantino. First two are defs[/QUOTE]And the guy who did Shaun of the Dead.

edit: and I don't know how true the info is, but Wiki says Hobo won the contest and will get in there, too.

Zombies, death proof car, and a lady with a gun for a leg. I'M IN.

*Edit*

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I am pretty sure its Rob Zombie, Eli Roth, and maybe Tarrantino. First two are defs[/quote]
Oh AWESOME! I didn't know that! Now I really can't wait to see it! Opening night is a definite for me.

[quote name='Shmitty']a positive review for a tarantino/rodriguez flick from aintitcool? REALLY? :roll:[/QUOTE]

No joke, AICN is a crazy fan blog not movie review site IMO (that or their paid). You'd think with all the great reviews they've given to what were pretty bad movies people would catch on, but guess not.

It doesn't sound like a good movie, but it sounds like alot of fun. I'm not gonna go in expecting a cinematic masterpiece, i'm going in expecting a fun movie to see with a group of people.

bread's done
Back