First Lifetime Gold Membership goes to.....

Assasin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Ray Cox IV, who goes by the Xbox Live Gamertag "Stallion83". He currently holds the world record (confirmed by the Guinness company) for the highest Xbox Live Gamerscore. His goal is to reach the 1 million mark and as of Sunday, his Gamerscore on Xbox Live is now over 953,000. He has achieved such a huge score in part by playing Xbox 360 Games that were not released for the U.S. market, along with Xbox Live scores that came from mobile games.

You may think your Xbox Live Gamerscore is high among your circle of Xbox 360 and Xbox One friends, but the man who can truly say his score is higher than anyone else got a big surprise as part of Microsoft' New York City launch of the Xbox One Thursday night.

The final results impressed Microsoft so much, they invited Cox to attend the company's big Times Square launch event for the Xbox One this week. The Spike TV Xbox One launch show had Cox on camera talking with Microsoft's Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb about his accomplishment.

Credit goes to the article from here: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-gives-highest-gamerscore-holder-first-lifetime-xbox-live-gold-membership

This is really cool! What do you think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
They also have him a "Developer Edition" white Xbone alongside it, which I thought was even cooler. They showed it on that launch broadcast.

I mentioned this in the regular Xbone thread when it came up, but it must have really sucked to be the guy who has the second most gamerscore. Did nearly as much work, and got nothing for it.

I think its sad to have that high of a score. Think of all the time and money he put in for that. Unless he doesn't watch TV, play games on any other platform or service or read I could see it. Hell if I tried to get the most points I could from a game and didn't watch TV I would have a lot more than I do now just from that, but now where near that. If he some how was able to hold down a full time job and a social life that didn't involve just playing games then that's great. Me I wouldn't be able to do it. If the guy has no life outside of his gamer score and no job then that is just sad.

If the guy has no life outside of his gamer score and no job then that is just sad.
Apparently the dude has a girlfriend as he mentioned her in the launch video they showed of him getting his rare white Xbox One, games and the Gold, Platinum?, card from Major Nelson himself.

That's good, but what I'm getting at is does he do anything other than play games. Hell she may be a gamer also so just because he is dating someone doesn't mean he leaves the house. Does he have a full time job/part time and a student and does he go places. I'm not saying out to bars and drink, but does he get out of the house. I just can't see someone able to put that much time in to get that high of a score and be able to go and do things from time to time. I know I wouldn't be able to. Hell maybe this Guy can manage his time better than I can.

I think its sad to have that high of a score. Think of all the time and money he put in for that. Unless he doesn't watch TV, play games on any other platform or service or read I could see it. Hell if I tried to get the most points I could from a game and didn't watch TV I would have a lot more than I do now just from that, but now where near that. If he some how was able to hold down a full time job and a social life that didn't involve just playing games then that's great. Me I wouldn't be able to do it. If the guy has no life outside of his gamer score and no job then that is just sad.
It also presents a really confusing message. He cheats, or "boosts," his gamer score, and has advertisements for products to get games. He didn't make an Xbox One, and I don't understand what point there is of giving him a lifetime membership. Clearly he would keep paying the fee and playing games, as it doesn't seem like he's doing anything else...

If you're someone who only buys Halo, or Call of Duty, or Forza, or Gears of War, plays those games whenever you have the time, have hours to months, to years possibly, of play time online, play well with others, are a great sport, and truly enjoy the game, you're neglected. I'm not saying you deserve a reward, as the game and fun times are enough, but in the same way, a person who 'actually' plays games and stays with a specific series will not have a monstrous gamer score, either. It just seems to be rewarding the wrong message. Stay inside, play games forever, and stay with our brand, and maybe, just maybe, we'll send you a reward that only enhances your addiction.

bread's done
Back