first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='pacifictrim']Mine have apparently been in transit from Redmond since last Thursday. I'm betting some truckstop prostitutes have been getting fucked left and right along the way...

C'mon cables!!! Scheduled for thursday... I'm not counting on an early delivery.[/QUOTE]
Same as mine, but on the 8th, and not supposed to get here until the 15th. You'd think they'd at least update the status by now.

ordered today and after 20 minutes they went into prepare stage. used ups blue shipping. now I just need a wii, hopefully I get one on sunday.

[quote name='EventHorizon']wow 1000 posts, and no cables for me...[/QUOTE]

Good lord, it is pretty pathetic that we have a 1000 post thread about some stupid cables (and yes, I made at least 15 of those posts ;)). It all points back to Nintendo's fuck-up in not having these available in stores at launch. We shouldn't even be talking about these damn things except under threads for certain games (like discussing 480p for Zelda, etc). I mean, what are they going to do for their next console - leave out the AC adapter and make THAT hard to get?

I ordered mine on Saturday 12/9/06 with UPS blue, and they're scheduled to arrive today 12/13/06. I can't wait I just got an 58" Panasonic HDTV and I'm already 34 hours into Zelda.

I got mine today. They really do make Wii games not look like ass on an HD set. I'm totally stoked to play Trauma Center now, let alone Zelda. mmm. Zelda...

[quote name='abhinav']Can i order these and actually get them now?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure. A CAG Member mentioned a couple pages back that he ordered and within 5 hours they shipped out the item.

[quote name='abhinav']Can i order these and actually get them now?[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine last week and they shipped out the next day so it would seem that they've caught up.

[quote name='io']Good lord, it is pretty pathetic that we have a 1000 post thread about some stupid cables (and yes, I made at least 15 of those posts ;)). It all points back to Nintendo's fuck-up in not having these available in stores at launch. We shouldn't even be talking about these damn things except under threads for certain games (like discussing 480p for Zelda, etc). I mean, what are they going to do for their next console - leave out the AC adapter and make THAT hard to get?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call this a fuck-up. Nintendo's goal is not HD. If there's any error on their part at all it's not having enough Remotes, Nunchuchks and Classic Controllers to meet demand. And that's not even as bad as it was a month ago.

At least they got the system into all these hands.

"DALLAS, TX, US 12/14/2006 6:10 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE"
What the fuck does this shit mean?!

[quote name='6669']"DALLAS, TX, US 12/14/2006 6:10 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE"
What the fuck does this shit mean?![/quote]
It means that the package wasn't sorted correctly and ended up elsewhere. It's been found, fixed and should be back on the way to you.

hahaha

nintendo shipped me 2 sets when I only ordered one. They only charged me for one too. haha. mann. if only I was a theif. oh well. Back to nintendo they go.

I ordered one set of cables when this was posted, thinking I would need them if I ever decided to give a certain iPod lookalike a shot, but I still haven't gotten a thing

I have near zero desire to get a Wii, not getting these cables in makes it abso lutely none..

Hopefully I'll get them soon or at least an order cancelled email.

[quote name='shrike4242']It means that the package wasn't sorted correctly and ended up elsewhere. It's been found, fixed and should be back on the way to you.[/QUOTE]
Oh, ok. That explains why from the 8th to the 12th, they didnt update the status. Its supposed to be here by tmrw, but as long as its here by Xmas, I'll be cool. Thanx again, shrikey :D

Got mine a couple days ago...
Took about a week and a half to get here, so it was legit.

Makes everything alot sharper, there is definately a big difference.
Although some edges may be too sharp, the details on the terrain and backround in most are sick.
The shield on Link's back in Zelda stands out and is vivid and the game is a whole lot cleaner now.

Ordered mine on the weekend of the 3rd and just got them today with the cheapest shipping.

Trauma Center is WAY clearer now and it turns out there's actually static on the unused Wii channels. I had no idea! :eek:

Ordered tuesday, came in thursday (today) with the blue shipping (7.00). Not bad for across the country from Washington to Virginia. These are definitely in stock and shipping fast now.

[quote name='hikarutilmitt']...and it turns out there's actually static on the unused Wii channels. I had no idea! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Hehe - I noticed that too. My very first thought was that I had bad cables :rofl:.

Only if your TV has a component (Red, Green, Blue plugs) input. I've seen a handful of non-HD/EDTV televisions that have them, but they're in the minority.

[quote name='geoelectric']Only if your TV has a component (Red, Green, Blue plugs) input. I've seen a handful of non-HD/EDTV televisions that have them, but they're in the minority.[/quote]

yeah, my parents still have a big ol' 32-inch CRT that includes component inputs but does not support progressive scan. still, better than nothing!

So my cables arrived, but I can't do jack, since the batteries in my Wii remote apparently drained themselves even though they weren't being used.

The Nunchuck will drain the controller when its not in use.

I got the cables that i ordered on 12/5 today. Also got my Zelda guide w/ cd as well.

ethical question. Nintendo accidentally sent me 2 sets of cables. I called them to have them send me a pre paid postage slip or box to return them to them and they said they can't do that and that I would have to pay for the return shipping.

I know returning them because I didn't pay for them is the ethical thing to do but paying money to return their mistake ¿? Bleh...

[quote name='floormat']ethical question. Nintendo accidentally sent me 2 sets of cables. I called them to have them send me a pre paid postage slip or box to return them to them and they said they can't do that and that I would have to pay for the return shipping.

I know returning them because I didn't pay for them is the ethical thing to do but paying money to return their mistake ¿? Bleh...[/quote]

At that point, id keep them.

[quote name='Pookymeister']At that point, id keep them.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, floormat, they pretty much just told you to keep them ;). I wouldn't worry about it at all - you did what you could. No way you should have to pay to send them back.

[quote name='floormat']ethical question. Nintendo accidentally sent me 2 sets of cables. I called them to have them send me a pre paid postage slip or box to return them to them and they said they can't do that and that I would have to pay for the return shipping.

I know returning them because I didn't pay for them is the ethical thing to do but paying money to return their mistake ¿? Bleh...[/quote]
Don't worry about it. The cables probably cost Nintendo like $2 to make.

[quote name='jkanownik']The ~1 ft spread between the audio and video on these cables sucks. I will be returning mine as soon as I find a B&M store that carries them.[/quote]
returning them?

[quote name='jkanownik']The ~1 ft spread between the audio and video on these cables sucks. I will be returning mine as soon as I find a B&M store that carries them.[/QUOTE]

:roll: Just use 2 couplers and seperate audio cables, problem solved for $3

bread's done
Back