First time being scammed on e-bay/paypal. Suggestions?

bardiya27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I sold some XBox Live cards in early march. One of the sellers bought 3 of them for 120 bucks.

She left me positive feedback, I e-mailed the codes to her. And I stated in my listing that the codes would be e-mailed.

Now, 11 days later, she requested a chargeback through Paypal on the whole 120 dollars. The likelyhood of me typing all 3 codes is very low.

I checked her feedback and it's only 18, one of them from a few days ago says: "SELLER USED XBOX CODE, THEN ISSUED CHARGEBACK W/BANK! DON'T SELL TO THIS USER!"

I guess the guy meant "buyer" instead of "seller"

Anyways, my paypal fund is now $120 negative. In the chance that this is ruled in her favor, how will paypal get those $120 from me? Should I remove my bank account from paypal?

What is the chance of this being ruled in my favor? Do they even look at things like feedback history? I've been a member since '04 and have 100% feedback on 51 transactions... She's only been a member since January, and has 18 feedbacks... all positive, but one of them has the negative comment posted above...

im interested to know this as well, and also i think you should post or pm me the persons name so i can block them from buying stuff from me

edit: im not sure but since she left you + that might help, though from what people on here say the seller always wins i think....

You will lose the claim since you can not prove delivery of goods (unless it was a classified ad) You can remove you bank information but what will happen is paypal will send the amount to collections or take the money out of future deposits.

ooh yea, I was gonna post that: http://myworld.ebay.com/doaninfo DOANINFO

stay away... shouldn't be long before her account is closed, I am sure that other guy filed a dispute against her.

The seller always win? hmm good.. I thought paypal always favored the buyer. I have no clue though, first time dealing with something like this.

[quote name='kklems']You will lose the claim since you can not prove delivery of goods (unless it was a classified ad) You can remove you bank information but what will happen is paypal will send the amount to collections or take the money out of future deposits.[/QUOTE]

damn... so they are not even going to consider the other shitty feedback she received?

[quote name='bardiya27']ooh yea, I was gonna post that: http://myworld.ebay.com/doaninfo DOANINFO

stay away... shouldn't be long before her account is closed, I am sure that other guy filed a dispute against her.

The seller always win? hmm good.. I thought paypal always favored the buyer. I have no clue though, first time dealing with something like this.[/QUOTE]

errr that was a type-o i meant the buyer always wins.....sorry

Here is her e-mail address: [email protected]
Her name: Corinne Glynn

And her shipping address:
greg hatch
19195 Pine Pl
Oregon City, OR 97045
United States

Which is weird... in the original e-mail she addressed me as "Greg" which according to paypal is her name/shipping address.

Although I'd like to laugh since it's all related to that awful Xbox and its silly online setup, I have to say that when they left the positive feedback that could be enough to prove they acknowledged 'delivery'. Paypal is a huge shady area anymore and I do my best to use it as little as possible. Especially now that people understand the ways to exploit their system. And the fact that the name given isn't matching up to the Email or mailing address (whichever way you explained it) might help your case.

$120 is worth fighting for so save everything you can about the transaction.

I wish you the best of luck, though I am not hopeful for your victory. Paypal, and its cheating users, sucks. I have stopped using eBay and Paypal altogether because of numerous issues, with several resulting in me being out of both the money and the item.

I would say that you should not remove your bank account, as that'll automatically make you look bad.

I would give PayPal a call and speak to a representative. Set some time aside for the call, because it might take a little while. But speak to them, present the situation and the other evidence you've found against this user, and basically state your case in a polite manner. Your coming forward to show your concern and address the issue to the best of your ability will work in your favor.

Ultimately, people who work for PayPal makes decisions on these claims. They're rational. If everything points toward you being honest and forthcoming and cooperative and courteous, it will help you.

Good luck.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I wish you the best of luck, though I am not hopeful for your victory. Paypal, and its cheating users, sucks. I have stopped using eBay and Paypal altogether because of numerous issues, with several resulting in me being out of both the money and the item.[/QUOTE]

Same exact reason I stopped using both myself.

bread's done
Back