First time trading on Goozex... advice?

hawkhogan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Hey guys, so someone at Goozex just requested my copy of Silent Hill for PS1, and i'm off to ship it tomorrow (alongside a game i will be sending a user from here); and i was wondering because with Goozex it's a different system.... but just to be on safe side, what do you guys recommend i use to ship? I don't mean as in priority, but rather, if i should get tracking # etc, the full works.... in case the other person claims they didnt receive the game... am a bit nervous but willing to trade (as SH would net me 800 points!) any advice appreciated.... :)

Always get a delivery confirmation number regardless of what you're sending. Insurance is moot for older items as you can't show proof of purchase...

[quote name='Capn Stabby']Just throw it in a bubble mailer, send it first class with DC, and you're done. Never failed me yet.[/quote]
If you're sending it complete I wouldn't use just a bubble mailer, it might end up getting there with a cracked case.

Yeah seeing as the game is like new... anyway bad news... person who wanted the game cancelled on me when i confirmed by private message that my version was the greatest hits... -_- i don't get the whole deal about a game being worth less (basically) when it's a greatest hits... but what the hey.

Maybe next time. :bouncy:

[quote name='hawkhogan']Yeah seeing as the game is like new... anyway bad news... person who wanted the game cancelled on me when i confirmed by private message that my version was the greatest hits... -_- i don't get the whole deal about a game being worth less (basically) when it's a greatest hits... but what the hey.

Maybe next time. :bouncy:[/quote]

That sucks. There's no guarentee on the site about what version a game is regarding that (some are listed as GH, most aren't). Don't get discouraged. 1st class w/ DC in 6x9 bubble envelop always gets the job done.

Even if you're shipping disc only put it in something to bump up the thickness and get dc only. About 2-3 weeks ago or so I sent out f-zero for gc disc only in the foldable envelopes goozex lets you print and the post office wouldn't let me put dc on it because the package wasn't thick enough or something. Well the other party is claiming they never got it and I had bad feedback posted against me.

[quote name='hawkhogan']Yeah seeing as the game is like new... anyway bad news... person who wanted the game cancelled on me when i confirmed by private message that my version was the greatest hits... -_- i don't get the whole deal about a game being worth less (basically) when it's a greatest hits... but what the hey.

Maybe next time. :bouncy:[/quote]

People are so picky about that, which is why I don't dare list any games on here anymore, since I almost always get the GH/PH/PC version, since it'll usually have glitches fixed and more content in some cases.

You could probably still sell that on the Bay for $30-40, even though it's GH, since people still want the original Silent Hill.

[quote name='mguiddy']If you're sending it complete I wouldn't use just a bubble mailer, it might end up getting there with a cracked case.[/quote]

I've shipped hundreds of DVDs and games and received about the same and I've never had a problem with bubble mailers causing cracked cases...at least with First Class or Priority Mail. I'm sure Media Mail gets treated more roughly, so that could be it.

I work in shipping/receiving so I always have extra cardboard that I'll tape on both sides of a jewel case, still fits in a bubble mailer.

For Goozex, I always say that I'll send in 3 days, even if I do send the next day. Just to give myself the time just in case. I get delivery confirmation, more for my benefit than theirs since I don't think it actually matters to Goozex.

Because I got ripped off here on a new game, I'll be dealing with Goozex more, but I haven't had a ton of luck in my newer game requests.

[quote name='sweeetja713']Even if you're shipping disc only put it in something to bump up the thickness and get dc only. About 2-3 weeks ago or so I sent out f-zero for gc disc only in the foldable envelopes goozex lets you print and the post office wouldn't let me put dc on it because the package wasn't thick enough or something. Well the other party is claiming they never got it and I had bad feedback posted against me.[/quote]

If possible, print your own labels via Paypal and get DC for .18. I do it when I ship out disc only games on Goozex with those paper mailers and I've never had one return to me or have the buyer report it missing, thanks to DC!

Thanks to everyone for the responses, you guys are the best! :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People are so picky about that, which is why I don't dare list any games on here anymore, since I almost always get the GH/PH/PC version, since it'll usually have glitches fixed and more content in some cases.

You could probably still sell that on the Bay for $30-40, even though it's GH, since people still want the original Silent Hill.[/quote]

I actually just got done sending Silent Hill to a CAG'er... :) for the shipped items, i got insurance for them and delivery confirmation, that should put me at ease... anyhow, also got the bubble mailers, i saw that the USPS Office had cardboard mailers but i didn't really think they seemed like the best, so yeah... do you and the other peeps here usually get insurance for the items? I pretty much paid about 10 dollars total to ship out 2 PS1 games, i put down Silent Hill with a 50 dollar insurance and Res. Evil 2 with 25..... anyhow total cost seemed kind of a lot to me but i'm new to trading games...

While I'm not advocating throwing caution to the wind, one of the great things about Goozex is the Goozex guarantee. If something gets damaged or broken, the shipper keeps his points and the receiver gets them refunded. That said, I've felt comfortable with bubble mailers for all my shipments and haven't had a single incident yet. I typically use DC only if the recipient is either new or has some black marks that might make me a little leery of him.

bread's done
Back