First time Vita owner - went ALL in!

labelmeoriginal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Picked up a Vita for the first time and picked up a ton of games to try with it. Not a JRPG fan, so games like Persona 4 do not interest. I'm more of a FPS/sports/racer fan (quick and to the point - also, I have no patience and a short attention span). :p

Picked up:

- CoD Declassified

- Uncharted Golden Abyss

- Need for Speed Most Wanted

- MLB The Show 13

- Touch My Katamari

- Virtua Tennis 4

- FIFA Soccer

- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

- Gravity Rush (hoping I enjoy this one!)

- Madden 13

Given my tastes based on the games I picked up, am I missing anymore? The backlog for the Vita has already begun and I haven't even played a game on it yet. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Disgaea 3 is a very good game, rivaled only by Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS.

But I see that you don't like JRPGs. Maybe try Dynasty Warriors?

Last edited by a moderator:
Modnation Racers and Sonic Racing All Starts are both really well done on the Vita if that's your scene.  Unit 13 is good to scratch your fps itch until Killzone drops later this year (and it's already been on sale digital below $20 a couple times, so it'll likely happen again).  

Modnation Racers and Sonic Racing All Starts are both really well done on the Vita if that's your scene. Unit 13 is good to scratch your fps itch until Killzone drops later this year (and it's already been on sale digital below $20 a couple times, so it'll likely happen again).
Thanks man! I'll definitely check out Modnation Racers - I completely forgot about that one. As for Sonic All Stars Racing, I have that for the 360.

You should try out some of PSN titles such as Sound and Shapes, Guacamelee, Super Stardust Delta and Tales from space: Mutant Blobs Attack.  Also check out Rayman Origins and MK if you like fighting games.

Also do yourself a favor and sign up for PS+. It's totally worth it

Picked up a Vita for the first time and picked up a ton of games to try with it. Not a JRPG fan, so games like Persona 4 do not interest. I'm more of a FPS/sports/racer fan (quick and to the point - also, I have no patience and a short attention span). :p

Picked up:

- CoD Declassified

- Uncharted Golden Abyss

- MLB The Show 13

- Touch My Katamari

- Virtua Tennis 4

- FIFA Soccer

- Madden 13

Given my tastes based on the games I picked up, am I missing anymore? The backlog for the Vita has already begun and I haven't even played a game on it yet. XD
could of saved some cash and got MLB 12 its almost the same game as 13... Hot shots golf is another fun game. wipeout is okay (though if you have psn+ you get it for free) dungon hunter is another fun game i enjoyed

You should try out some of PSN titles such as Sound and Shapes, Guacamelee, Super Stardust Delta and Tales from space: Mutant Blobs Attack. Also check out Rayman Origins and MK if you like fighting games.

Also do yourself a favor and sign up for PS+. It's totally worth it

I totally agree that PS+ is worth it and you should pick it up...I think Uncharted and Gravity Rush are or were a part of PS+. If they still are available, you could return your copies and save some cash. Highly recommend Guacamelee....great game.

Picked up:
- CoD Declassified
- Uncharted Golden Abyss
- MLB The Show 13
- Touch My Katamari
- Virtua Tennis 4
- FIFA Soccer
- Madden 13

could of saved some cash and got MLB 12 its almost the same game as 13... Hot shots golf is another fun game. wipeout is okay (though if you have psn+ you get it for free) dungon hunter is another fun game i enjoyed
Isn't the show (12) the game that is ridden with problems, like lock ups and glitches and such? Think he made a better choice all in all.

Picked up:
- CoD Declassified
- Uncharted Golden Abyss
- MLB The Show 13
- Touch My Katamari
- Virtua Tennis 4
- FIFA Soccer
- Madden 13

Isn't the show (12) the game that is ridden with problems, like lock ups and glitches and such? Think he made a better choice all in all.
Yep, he made the right choice. Put MANY hours into 12 but Road to the Show every 3-4 games you have to exit and restart the entire game as it freezes and restarting takes about as long as an entire game.

This thread has several titles sub $15 used

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307275-used13xx-acl-unchartedvita-ac3-walking-deadtelltale-12xx-sly-unit-13-lbpvita-more-3dsvita-drops-gs/

Also, consider getting the portable charger if you use it on the go a lot.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/291585-199750-msrp-official-ps-vita-sony-portable-charger-gsoos-online-2560-amz/

Most of the other basic accessories(car charger, USB, media stand) on on clearance @ BB, Target & Walmart for $2-$10. 

BB has the starter kit for $3.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/299862-3-ps-vita-starter-kit30-game2-mem-card-case-more-bestbuy/

And the 16 GB memory card is $30 but OOS however target has been pm'ing for a alot of people.

resistance burning skys is a pretty good FPS for the vita. to me it got some bad reviews, but i think it was fun. i had fun playing it anyway.

I think we have similar taste in games and you pretty have every game worth owning on the Vita only other game I might recommend is Assassins Creed Liberation. My next purchase will be Killzone Mercenary and waiting for Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified to drop in price

I think we have similar taste in games and you pretty have every game worth owning on the Vita only other game I might recommend is Assassins Creed Liberation. My next purchase will be Killzone Mercenary and waiting for Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified to drop in price
COD has dropped to the cheapest I've seen $25.XX used

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307275-used20-soul-sacrifice-25-cod-bodvita-9xx-rem3ds-12xx-twisted-metal-slyvita-27xx-fuse-metro-ll-more-3dsvita-drops-gs/#entry10515533

bread's done
Back