First US PS3 Commercial: The Wait.

I'm really loving the trend of all the abstract commericals being applied to console commericals now. It was cool at first, but just getting annoying.

[quote name='ShimSham']and it's dumb as hell[/quote]

I gave me goose bumps. The music put me in a real mellow mood. I think Sony is trying to say that "Something big is coming".

Finally to the PS3 haters, dead down inside you know the PS3 is going to outsell the Wii and 360 once the quantity gets there. THE WII REMOTE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MARKETING PLOY IN ORDER TO CHARGE 250.00 FOR A REPACKAGED GAMECUBE WITH MORE RAM. At least you can tell the difference with PS2 graphics and PS3 graphics. Gamecube and Wii games look identical. No difference. Just a gimmick controller to disguise a 5 year old system renamed the Wii. Wii will be the biggest flop ever. People want complex graphics for home systems not simplicity when it comes to on the go gaming.

[quote name='eltonto'] Finally to the PS3 haters, dead down inside you know the PS3 is going to outsell the Wii and 360 once the quantity gets there. THE WII REMOTE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MARKETING PLOY IN ORDER TO CHARGE 250.00 FOR A REPACKAGED GAMECUBE WITH MORE RAM. At least you can tell the difference with PS2 graphics and PS3 graphics. Gamecube and Wii games look identical. No difference. Just a gimmick control is disguise a 5 year old system renamed the Wii.[/quote]

Now what does that have to do with the commerical again?

[quote name='eltonto']
Finally to the PS3 haters, dead down inside you know the PS3 is going to outsell the Wii and 360 once the quantity gets there. THE WII REMOTE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MARKETING PLOY IN ORDER TO CHARGE 250.00 FOR A REPACKAGED GAMECUBE WITH MORE RAM. At least you can tell the difference with PS2 graphics and PS3 graphics. Gamecube and Wii games look identical. No difference. Just a gimmick controller to disguise a 5 year old system renamed the Wii. Wii will be the biggest flop ever. People want complex graphics for home systems not simplicity when it comes to on the go gaming.[/quote]
I disagree.

[quote name='maddfrog']Now what does that have to do with the commerical again?[/quote]

Trust me if the commercial was about the Wii you guys would be going bonkers over it. THATS MY POINT

[quote name='eltonto']Trust me if the commercial was about the Wii you guys would be going bonkers over it. THATS MY POINT[/quote]

Oh....ok...

WTF was that? Seriously, first the retarded X360 "Jump In" commercials and now this. Why dont the companies show the fucking product being sold?

[quote name='whoknows']WTF was that? Seriously, first the retarded X360 "Jump In" commercials and now this. Why dont the companies show the fucking product being sold?[/quote]

Because only people who live in a cave doesn't know what a playstation is. Its a household name in North America, Europe and Japan. Just add the number three at the end and people will know its a bigger, badder Playstation (with a bigger price of course.) Just like there are alot of Coke ads that don't show the actual Coke product. People know what a Coke beverage is.

[quote name='eltonto']Because only people who live in a cave doesn't know what a playstation is. Its a household name in North America, Europe and Japan. Just add the number three at the end and people will know its a bigger, badder Playstation (with a bigger price of course.) Just like there are alot of Coke ads that don't show the actual Coke product. People know what a Coke beverage is.[/quote]

If Playstation is a household name than why even make a commerical? Also, for the Coke reference, I would like to see a Coke ad that doesn't show the product. From what I can remember they always show a can or a bottle or someone with a coke product in hand.

[quote name='eltonto']I gave me goose bumps. The music put me in a real mellow mood. I think Sony is trying to say that "Something big is coming".

Finally to the PS3 haters, dead down inside you know the PS3 is going to outsell the Wii and 360 once the quantity gets there. THE WII REMOTE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MARKETING PLOY IN ORDER TO CHARGE 250.00 FOR A REPACKAGED GAMECUBE WITH MORE RAM. At least you can tell the difference with PS2 graphics and PS3 graphics. Gamecube and Wii games look identical. No difference. Just a gimmick controller to disguise a 5 year old system renamed the Wii. Wii will be the biggest flop ever. People want complex graphics for home systems not simplicity when it comes to on the go gaming.[/QUOTE]

Go back to GameFAQS.

That commercial sucked.

I honestly think its very funnny that someone is defending a commerical tooth and nail.

Man, I still can't understand why people have to be such fanboys.

And for the sake of eltonto, they do have a japanese commerical for the Wii which I thought sucked also.

I thought it was a good commercial, could have been 100x better if they actually showed the PS3, or atleast the name for longer than a second.

That and the fact that it was too long.

[quote name='eltonto']Finally to the PS3 haters, dead down inside you know the PS3 is going to outsell the Wii and 360 once the quantity gets there. THE WII REMOTE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MARKETING PLOY IN ORDER TO CHARGE 250.00 FOR A REPACKAGED GAMECUBE WITH MORE RAM. At least you can tell the difference with PS2 graphics and PS3 graphics. Gamecube and Wii games look identical. No difference. Just a gimmick controller to disguise a 5 year old system renamed the Wii. Wii will be the biggest flop ever. People want complex graphics for home systems not simplicity when it comes to on the go gaming.[/QUOTE]

Wow somebody that is really ignorant to gaming. I believe this noob forgot the basic principles of games. It's not the graphics that make the game it's the gameplay. Somebody get this guy a game that's well made not a fancy one that has bright lights and neato sound that he likes and buys so much.

Personally, I liked the commercial. It gives you this feeling that something amazing is going to happen soon. It's epic. On the other hand, I agree that it doesn't really "advertise" the product. However, for someone who is anticipating the PS3, it just adds more to the excitement. Of course, you could apply that commercial to any product that people were looking forward to and it would probably have the same effect. Anyway, I like it more than the original PS2 commercials, or the XBOX 360 ones.

[quote name='shortshire']Wow somebody that is really ignorant to gaming. I believe this noob forgot the basic principles of games. It's not the graphics that make the game it's the gameplay. Somebody get this guy a game that's well made not a fancy one that has bright lights and neato sound that he likes and buys so much.[/quote]

Listen, when people view a kiosk for a new system they say "wow look at the graphics." When the 360 kiosks where out before the launch everyone playing the games in front me mentioned the graphics NOT GAMEPLAY. Hell I worked at an EB before the PS2 came out and everyone asked about graphics .......drum roll...............not once about gameplay. Ditto about questions concerning Gamecube and Xbox. Most asked question asked about Gamecube, "I read in EGM that Gamecube is more "powerful" than the PS2, is that true?" NOT ONCE ABOUT GAMEPLAY. LOOKS SELL IN AMERICA EVERYTHING ELSE WALKS. An example, take chrome rims. They do nothing to a car's performance (think gameplay for a videogame) but they look great (think PS3). If the PS3 had a Wiiremote like controller, SNES graphics but amazing gameplay it will fail. Look at the Dreamcast............amazing, innovative games but it failed why............because people are more concerned with name brands (playstation/microsoft) and graphics.

Trust me take your ideas about what sells a videogame to a marketing professor that knows about games and you will get laughed out of class. In Japan and Europe your idea may fly but not in the US.

[quote name='eltonto']LOOKS SELL IN AMERICA EVERYTHING ELSE WALKS[/QUOTE]

Month of September

USA TOP SELLING HARDWARE (units sold)

1. NDS - 403,435
4. GBA - 177,145
5. PSP - 153,353

[quote name='Namelessloser']Month of September

USA TOP SELLING HARDWARE (units sold)

1. NDS - 403,435
4. GBA - 177,145
5. PSP - 153,353[/quote]

We are talking about consoles NOT HANDHELDS. Handhelds that are simple do well in America because that is what people want when gaming on the go. Didn't read my first rebuttal.

"People want complex graphics for home systems not simplicity when it comes to on the go gaming."

Look at my posts again

Yeah man, your whole theory there gets thrown out the window with the DS and the PSP.

Unless you want to say that the handheld market in the U.S. is influnced by Europeans and/or the Japanese.

Also your latest arguement doesn't make sense. Are you saying that name brands push a product or the graphics? The Dreamcast, I thought could be wrong, had better graphics than the PS2. In your first part of your argument (graphics) the Dreamcast would win. The second part (name brand) than yes, the playstation name is more powerful. Also, I thought the major reason why the PS2 did win was because of the DVD player, not games nor graphics.

[quote name='eltonto']We are talking about consoles NOT HANDHELDS. Handhelds that are simple do well in America because that is what people want when gaming on the go. Didn't read my first rebuttal.[/QUOTE]
Any explainations on the N64 vs PS1?

[quote name='eltonto']We are talking about consoles NOT HANDHELDS. Handhelds that are simple do well in America because that is what people want when gaming on the go. Didn't read my first rebuttal.

"People want complex graphics for home systems not simplicity when it comes to on the go gaming."

Look at my posts again[/QUOTE]

PS1 outsold N64 and PS2 outsold GCN/Xbox. Why? Because the PSs had better games with better gameplay overall. And don't drag the Dreamcast into this. SEGA was being run by a bunch of financial morons after the Genesis days and the Dreamcast was dead before it started.

[quote name='Namelessloser']Any explainations on the N64 vs PS1?[/quote]

Yes the N64 was for children with the exception of Golden Eye and a few other games and Sony offered a product that leaned more to the people who have the money in America (adults) and that product was called the "Playstation". I mean seriously before the PSX videogames wasn't exactly a mainstream hobby like it is today.

[quote name='SMMM']PS1 outsold N64 and PS2 outsold GCN/Xbox. Why? Because the PSs had better games with better gameplay overall. And don't drag the Dreamcast into this. SEGA was being run by a bunch of financial morons after the Genesis days and the Dreamcast was dead before it started.[/quote]

You mean Saturn. The Genesis sold more systems than the SNES in America.

[quote name='SMMM']PS1 outsold N64 and PS2 outsold GCN/Xbox. Why? Because the PSs had better games with better gameplay overall. And don't drag the Dreamcast into this. SEGA was being run by a bunch of financial morons after the Genesis days and the Dreamcast was dead before it started.[/QUOTE]
Thank you :) Was hoping someone would jump in and bring it up.

The console that has the best 3rd parties usually wins the War. Both Sony consoles have had nothing but great 3rd party support over the last 11 years. It wasnt about amazing graphics. It was about great games.

Same can be said for the DS. It has more quality games than the PSP does. It doesnt have some wacky movie player, mind blowing handheld graphics or a toaster inside of it. The DS has great games.

This console war will be the same. It will be who gets the most quality games. Not who has the best graphics because if it did Panasonic would still be making consoles ;)

[quote name='eltonto']Yes the N64 was for children with the exception of Golden Eye and a few other games and Sony offered a product that leaned more to the people who have the money in America (adults) and that product was called the "Playstation". I mean seriously before the PSX videogames wasn't exactly a mainstream hobby like it is today.[/QUOTE]
So Bad Fur Day was a kiddy game?

[quote name='Namelessloser']So Bad Fur Day was a kiddy game?[/quote]

Once again read my posts. I said Golden Eye AND A FEW OTHER GAMES>>>>>>>>>>>>

[quote name='eltonto']You mean Saturn. The Genesis sold more systems than the SNES in America.[/QUOTE]

I said "AFTER". Learn to read my posts you fucking moron. And you're only backing up what you've been arguing against when you mentioned the Genesis outsold the SNES, the system with the better graphics. I'm not even sure your statement is true, but it baffles me how you would even bring that up.

and now I'm eagerly awaiting your rebuttle about how a blue hedgehog that fights a fat evil scientists and eats chilidogs is more mature than an italian plumber that jumps on turtles and that's why the genesis won lolz

[quote name='SMMM']I said "AFTER". Learn to read my posts you fucking moron. And you're only backing up what you've been arguing against when you mentioned the Genesis outsold the SNES, the system with the better graphics. I'm not even sure that's true, but it baffles me how you would even bring that up.[/quote]

Sega did fine between the Genesis and the Saturn (4.5 great years of Genesis games). But once the Saturn came out you know what happened. When you said "genesis days" well that makes it sound like you think the Genesis was the cause of Sega's problems. You should of said after the "Saturn days" then I would of understood what you said more clearly.

[quote name='eltonto']Sega did fine between the Genesis and the Saturn (4.5 great years of Genesis games). But once the Saturn came out you know what happened moron.[/QUOTE]

...you still don't get it... :whistle2:?

"After the Genesis days" implies "After the Genesis was done and Saturn came out"

"After the Genesis days" DOES NOT imply "During the Genesis days"...even though they did screw up near the end of that as well with the SegaCD and 32X.

Didn't realize that was so hard to understand...you're really just making yourself look more like an idiot after each post...

[quote name='SMMM']...you still don't get it... :whistle2:?

"After the Genesis days" DOES NOT imply "During the Genesis days"...even though they did screw up near the end of that as well with the SegaCD and 32X.

You just contradicted yourself again:roll: If 32x and Sega CD started it all and especially since both came out towards the end of the Genesis life cycle. Then Sega's console demise started with Genesis then.......no.

[quote name='Supreme']What was up with the backpack? Is that where he's keeping his $599?[/quote]

Exactly!...those kids didn't look like they had a dollar between them. Who's paying for the thing ,...Mom and Dad?. or maybe they're up on the roof waiting for Santa to arrive and bring them each one.....HA! What a joke!.....Boy are they gonna be surprised when Santa pulls a Wii out of his bag!

:rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='eaglebeak']Exactly!...those kids didn't look like they had a dollar between them. Who's paying for the thing ,...Mom and Dad?. or maybe they're up on the roof waiting for Santa to arrive and bring them each one.....HA! What a joke!.....Boy are they gonna be surprised when Santa pulls a Wii out of his bag!

:rofl: :rofl:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='maddfrog']I honestly think its very funnny that someone is defending a commerical tooth and nail.

Man, I still can't understand why people have to be such fanboys.

And for the sake of eltonto, they do have a japanese commerical for the Wii which I thought sucked also.[/quote]Yeah, I'm hoping they go a bit different direction with Wii ads in the US, that one in Japan is lame. But I guess it would succeed in making console teaser ads 0/3.

Hey, maybe whoever makes the next console commercial can combine all three! The backpack kid holding the Wii-mote up in the air while jump roping!

Ba-dum TISH!

Here is what I thought was gonna happen. The kids were waiting for there school bus on the tops of there roofs. I was lead to believe a Fusturistic schhol bus would come pick the kids up and then it was say "The Future is here" "11-17-06". Meh I guess it was ok.

bread's done
Back