Fishing Games?

Puffa469

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I havent played a fishing game since Super Black Bass for the snes., which is weird, cos I love to go fishing irl. This past weekend I picked up River King for the ps2. Ive heard mixed reviews for it, but I dont think I will mind the slow, simple pace.

However, this game has gotten me interested in what other fishing games may be like this gen. So spill the beans fisherman, what are your thoughts/recommendations on good fishing games this generation.

Games Im interested in specifically are the Reel Fishing Series, Rapala fishing, and any Sega fishing games.

Thanks!

Sega Bass Fishing 1 & 2 and Sega Marine Fishing for Dreamcast are decent. Try to pick up the official fishing controller for the games too. You can find it cheap on ebay.

These two speak the truth. There's nothing quite like the announcer shouting "Fish!" and then the heavy metal music starting. Definitely fun games.

[quote name='shipwreck']These two speak the truth. There's nothing quite like the announcer shouting "Fish!" and then the heavy metal music starting. Definitely fun games.[/QUOTE]
QFT

didn't sega make a fishing game for PS2 also?

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']QFT

didn't sega make a fishing game for PS2 also?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they did, but that's where my inciteful knowledge of that title ends. I guess I was fished out after all the DC games and didn't really need a new one.

If you are looking for an arcadey type fishing game then Sega Bass Fishing is the way to go. (Hell, get Sega Bass Fishing regardless.) For a more lifelike feeling try out Reel Fishing. Any of the flavors will do.

[quote name='shipwreck']"Fish!" [/QUOTE]

Come on guy! It's not "Fish!" it's "FEEEEESH!!!!"

And of course, you can't forget the "EEESSA BEEEEEG WAAAN!" announcement when you catch a big bass. :D

I figured the Sega games would be good. I remember playing Sega Bass Fishing for the DC with the rod controller at my friends back when it was new, and it was fun as hell.

I always see Sega Bass & Marine fishing bundled with a rod controller (not sure if its first party) on ebay for like $20-25.

And what is Finny the Fish? Is it an actual fishing game? Or a platformer starring a fish?

[quote name='daphatty']Come on guy! It's not "Fish!" it's "FEEEEESH!!!!"

And of course, you can't forget the "EEESSA BEEEEEG WAAAN!" announcement when you catch a big bass. :D[/QUOTE]

the best is still when you first chose your lake and are about to begin, and the game goes "BEGAREFUL!"

he could just wish you good luck...

Sega Bass Fishing Duel on the PS2 is basically the same game as Sega Bass Fishing 2 on the DC. The only difference is that they added the 2 player head to head fishing that was supposed to be part of the original DC version. I believe this is the only Fishing game I've seen that has 2 player gameplay. I still prefer the DC version because of the fishing controller.

Sega Bass Fishing 1 is purely arcade while 2 (and Duel) leans a little more towards a fishing sim but still has some arcade aspects. I like the reel fishing series also, but I wish you could see your lure underwater when there are no fish around. I did buy Rapala, but haven't got around to playing it much yet. From what I have seen, Rapala is the closest to real fishing for a game. You control everything from line weight and rod to setting the drag and changing it as you reel the fish in. It is harder to find the fish and catch them.

If you have a DC, go with Sega Bass Fishing 1 & 2 as well as Sega Marine fishing. Reel fishing Wild is another DC game that is not bad. If you want PS2 games, get Sega bass fishing duel and Reel Fishing III. Both are good. Duel has better gameplay while Reel Fishing has a better variety of fish.

bread's done
Back