Five Below gaming deals - DarkStar One $5 and more

Richard Longfellow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Five Below carries a regular stock of PC games and occasionally console games, $5 each. (Updates in red). Including...

PC Games

Civilization III Gold
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Pirates Caribbean at World's End
DQ Tycoon
My Sims
Hospital Tycoon
Nancy Drew Curse of Blackmoor Manor DVD game
Prince of Persia
Universe At War: Earth Assault
Jericho
SIM CITY SOCIETIES
F.E.A.R. PERSUS MANDATE
FRIENDS
IRON MAN
MONOPOLY HERE AND NOW
TORNADO JOCKEY
Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Settlers Rise of an Empire Gold
Lost Via Domus
The Club
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Operation Mania
The Shield
Turok
EndWar
Splinter Cell/Pandora Tomorrow jewel case
Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Devil May Cry 4

Xbox 360

Space Chimps
Dark Sector
NCAA March Madness 07
FIFA Street
Final Fantasy XI Wings of Goddess expansion
Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Dark Sector
Bomberman Act Zero
Smash Court tennis 3
Blue Dragon
Bully
NCAA Basketball 09

PS3

NCAA Basketball 09

Xbox

Breakdown (backwards compatible)
True Crime NYC
Tony Hawks Underground 2
True Crime LA
Taito Legends

PS2

Sly Cooper
Syphon Filter Omega Strain
Extreme Dance Pad
Dancing With The Stars
Madden 08
NCAA 08
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
Sega Superstars Tennis
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Nintendo Wii
Golden Compass
Ultimate Band

GameBoy Advance

Tarzan Return to the Jungle
Drill Dozer
Spiderman 3
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Spyro the Dragon
The Incredibles
Spongebob Squarepants Krusty Krab
Spongebob Squarepants Atlantis Squarepantis
Paws & Claws: Dogs & Cats - Best Friends
Bratz Forever Diamondz
Jimmy Neutron Attack of the Twonkies
Let's Ride Friends Forever
Drake & Josh
Cars Mater-National
Bratz The Movie
Shrek Carnival
Golden Compass
Yu Gi Oh Double Pack 2
Shrek The Third
Arthur and the invisibles
Kong
Paws & Claws Pet Vet

Nintendo DS

Boogie
Space Chimps
Operation Vietnam
Hotel Dusk Room 215
Ultimate Band
Magical starsign
Deep Labyrinth
Orcs & Elves
Steel Horizon
Balls of Fury

Last edited by a moderator:
Some new $5 PC games at the re-opened Cherry Hill store. YMMV at other locations, of course:

The Godfather II
The Ultimate Jewel Quest Collection
Star Wars Battlefront (jewel case)

DVDs:
Doubt
The Transporter 3
Batman Begins
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm/Batman: Subzero
The Smurfs Season One Vol 2

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i went to the one on 202 in DE and found 2 copies...i grabbed one and left one for another CAG[/QUOTE]

Oh ho! A fellow CAG in my area, eh?

[quote name='deadtrees']Some new $5 PC games at the re-opened Cherry Hill store. YMMV at other locations, of course:

DVDs:
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm/Batman: Subzero[/QUOTE]

Is this a two-pack?

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Oh ho! A fellow CAG in my area, eh?[/QUOTE]

There are lots of CAGs in your area, including me ;)

i went to 202 in DE the other day and found really nothing (walked out with South Park's Imaginationland DVD for $5)

I'm going up to the Christiana one to look around...will report back if I find anything

New assortment this week including Red Faction guerilla, The Movies, Saints Row 2 for PC, and some DS shovelware. If someone else wants to restart this thread with a new updated list, go for it. I haven't been keeping up with it.

Spotted Red Faction Guerrilla and Saints Row 2 at the Cherry Hill, NJ store, as well as Space Rangers 2 Reboot (supposedly a decent Elite-ish game).

DVDs:
The Dark Knight (Target edition w/goofy rubber cowl DVD case)
Chasing Amy (Criterion)
The Last Temptation of Christ (Canadian release)

[quote name='deadtrees']Spotted Red Faction Guerrilla and Saints Row 2 at the Cherry Hill, NJ store[/QUOTE]

for what platform?

This wasn't on the first page so I thought I should mention that my local five below had a whole big stock of Mad World for the Wii and a DS game called Honeycomb something or other.

There are a bunch of new $5 games at Five Below. In particular I noticed Scene-It Twilight (DS) and a few other DS games. Mad World as well.

I guess I should poke my head back in the Settler's Ridge one in Robinson, PA (5 minutes from my house and yet I can't remember the last time I went :) )

Cherry Hill, NJ:

Aliens vs Predator (PC)
Beowulf (Xbox 360)
Overlord II (Xbox 360)
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2)
Twisted Metal: Head On (PS2)
Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2)
Jak 3 (PS2)
Hot Shots Golf Fore (GH) (PS2)

Picked up the following at Five Below (Christiana, DE). They had over 20 copies of each.

DarkStar One: Broken Alliance (Xbox 360)
MLB2K9 (Xbox 360).

Same here, Darkstar one looks really good for a $5 dollar game! 64 on metacritic and various ok to good reviews. I'm sure I can find enough enjoyment to more then pay for it's price.

Any southwestern PA people been to a 5 below lately? I just found the original post in this thread - mentions bully for the 360 at $5. I've been looking for this game to get to $10 forever now. If I can get it at the store for $5 + tax I'd be all over it.

I don't think Five Below ever had bully for 360 for $5.
They still have the PS2 and PC versions for $5.

Was at 1 PA and 1 NJ store recently and saw:
Godfather 2 PC
Saints Row 2 PC
and some Wii music based games

Not game related but they had this great John McClane Die Hard figure that was like statue quality, like the McFarlane Movie Maniacs line. Really really nice.

They've recently opened up some Five Below locations in North Carolina, and I've been checking in with them. Since the post with actual significant activity was in a different region, I didn't stumble upon it for a while. Anyway, thought I'd share what I've seen recently.

This week's advertised games, so they're everywhere:
DarkStar One (360)
Populous DS (DS)
MLB 2K9 (360)
Ener-G Dance Squad (DS)
And it's advertised, but I haven't seen PopStar Guitar (Wii).

Other things I remember seeing in the Cary, NC and Durham, NC stores (Cary has better selection):
Twisted Metal: Head On (PS2)
Hot Shots Golf: Fore! (PS2)
Reservoir Dogs (PS2)
SNK Arcade Classics vol. 1 (PS2)
World Heroes Anthology (PS2)
King of Fighters XI (PS2)
Dai Senryaku VII (PS2)
Sly Cooper (PS2)
Jak & Daxter (PS2)
Jak 3 (PS2)
Jak X (PS2)
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2)
Th3 Plan (PS2)
MLB 2K9 (PS2)
Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2)
Sega Superstars Tennis (PS2)

NHL 2K9 (PS3)

Civilization III + CivCity (PC)
Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC)
Saints Row 2 (PC)
Braid (PC)
Pure (PC)
The Movies (PC)
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (PC)

...and many more PC games, DS and PS2 games so bad I blocked them from memory and the occasional GBA title. It seems like most of this stuff makes its way chain-wide, so even you nor'easterners should be able to find some of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap that is a great price for SNK Arcade Classics and World Heroes Anthology, wish they had those up here.

Grabbed Darkstar One for $5 @ the Five Below in Paramus NJ. They also had ...I want to say MLB 2K9...for the 360 for $5 as well. These are the first 360 games I have seen in this store since the holidays IIRC. The reviews on it aren't awful, so if it sounds up your alley it might be worth checking out your local 5 Below.

There are a few notable games at Five Below that i've noticed, if you don't have them yet.

All PS2

Twisted Metal Head-on
Tomb Raider Anni
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Jak 3
Jak X
Ratchet and Clank : Size Matters

I've seen about 50 copies of Darkstar at just one store, too.

If you even vaguely like space sims, this is easily worth $5. It's not as good as Freelancer, Freespace, or Wing Commander: Privateer, but what is?

I saw a pile of them at our Five Below and it looked like a cheap shovelware game from the outside of the box so I passed. I may have to go look up some reviews now.

[quote name='Pookymeister']There are a few notable games at Five Below that i've noticed, if you don't have them yet.

All PS2

Twisted Metal Head-on
Tomb Raider Anni
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Jak 3
Jak X
Ratchet and Clank : Size Matters

I've seen about 50 copies of Darkstar at just one store, too.[/QUOTE]
I didn't mention the PS2 games because they have been around for quite awhile, but yeah, they have some solid titles for cheap.

[quote name='pulsar0510']I didn't mention the PS2 games because they have been around for quite awhile, but yeah, they have some solid titles for cheap.[/QUOTE]

They actually had some new ones at the Five Below I went to. I know a few were the "SNK Arcade Classics Vol1" and "Th3 Plan".

Before we get too many people asking for them - just send me a PM if you want one. I can prob grab a bunch....(goes to clear out some messages)

There's a five below right near my house. Gonna have to check it out tonight since I've had Darkstar in my Goozex queue since for forever.

[quote name='KeeperX']If you even vaguely like space sims, this is easily worth $5. It's not as good as Freelancer, Freespace, or Wing Commander: Privateer, but what is?[/QUOTE]

Yep yep.. not to mention it's the only Space Sim really available on the 360. I enjoyed it - it does have some pretty environments, the combat is decent, and doing missions is pretty fun. The story was very weird though. I think it took me 30 hours or so to finish, including 100% achievements.

They literally just opened up one around my area. Will definitely be checking it out when I'm around the area today.

Yep, a bunch of Dark Star Ones at the Five Below near me as well. I'm kind of pissed I paid $18 for it and it's still sitting unplayed :cry:

Also saw the following DS games for $5 each:

Populous DS
Honeycomb Beat
International Track & Field

And Beowulf (360) was also $5.

Ooh, $5 is a beautiful price for Darkstar One, I'll have to see if there's a 5-Below around.
If you don't like it or beat it fast, Amazon will give you $2.75 in credit for it.

I can also recommend Jak X (assuming that means Jak X combat racing). That is a sweet game, and one of the few (the only??) high-quality, high production value auto-dueling games out there (the Full Auto series is OK, but they just don't have the same polish). The car customizer is very cool, all the vehicles look great, the controls are sweet, there's even a semblance of a plot and some cool bad guys. I wish there were more weapon options, though.

bread's done
Back