Fixed percentage for trade ins?

Goodeye

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know if Gamestop has a fixed percentage of what they buy a game back for. It would help me before I go and try and try to call and have them run through a bunch of games to find out what the prices are.

I work for an independent game store and store credit generally comes to 1/3 of the selling price.

Gamestop doesn't seem to have a solid rhyme or reason (though i could be wrong).

The newer the game, the higher the percentage you'll get. For new releases, you can usually get close to 50% back, but older games will only net you about 10-20%. And don't bother trying to get trade-in quotes over the phone. You'll have to bring the games into their store to find out exactly how much you'll get.

[quote name='video_gamer324']The newer the game, the higher the percentage you'll get. For new releases, you can usually get close to 50% back, but older games will only net you about 10-20%. And don't bother trying to get trade-in quotes over the phone. You'll have to bring the games into their store to find out exactly how much you'll get.[/quote]

Pretty much spot-on. The newest, most popular games will get slightly over 50%, and everything basically does down from there. There are some oddities, but not many...usually things that have high values on eBay. And yeah, don't bother calling. Most stores won't give TIVs over the phone.

All of the GS around here give trade in prices if you call, as long as they're not busy. I can always get TIVs over the phone if I call in the morning but around the evening, it's hit or miss.

It's YMMV as to whether or not they give TIVs over the phone.

bread's done
Back