FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage (Xbox 360) $19.99 at Best Buy(possibly universal)

For what it's worth the game is supposed to be the one of the best beat em up racer since Destruction Derby 2. The demo was alright, probably worth checking out for the mini games alone.

There's a demo as well, which wasn't that bad really.

[quote name='skychotic']Anyone know if this is also the B&M price?[/quote]

I assume it is, but I guess to make sure you get this price you could get it online and select Instore pick-up.

I think I might bite for $20.

Get out I am so getting this game. For me it plays alot like how Burnout use to be just crazy speed and wild crashing.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']For what it's worth the game is supposed to be the one of the best beat em up racer since Destruction Derby 2. The demo was alright, probably worth checking out for the mini games alone.

There's a demo as well, which wasn't that bad really.[/QUOTE]
I'm tempted to get this. Is there a demo available?

If I get Condmemned 2 and the $10 GC, will I be able to walk back into the store and use it straight away to get this.

Or do they have some activation time or something on the GC ?

[quote name='benjamouth']If I get Condmemned 2 and the $10 GC, will I be able to walk back into the store and use it straight away to get this.

Or do they have some activation time or something on the GC ?[/quote]You could use it right away.

[quote name='Decker']I'm tempted to get this. Is there a demo available?[/quote]
LOL I said in my post "the demo was alright" but to be clear, yes there is a demo.

It's a solid game. I rented it a while back. To me it is the true successor to Burnout Revenge. It's not as good and the cars are a little "floaty" but the speed and the carnage are a blast.

$20 is a good price point.

Thanks TC, been waiting a while for this to drop. Not sure why I'm so interested, I guess it reminds me of the Dreamcast - Destruction Derby days. "DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!"

I guess it just looks fun to me.

Thanks for posting.

Hope this is a universal price drop, my local BB has a few copies with 25% off stickers on them, $15.00 will be well worth it.

The mini-games are usually the best part with their rag doll physics. I believe I might go for this one.

And for previous/current owners of a Dreamcast I only have 4 words to say.
Demolition Racer: No Exit

This is SUCH a fun game and totally worth $20. It's just like Burnout but your driver gets ejected from the car if you wreck really hard. Plus there's the awesome mini games where you do human darts and the "field goal" kick with your driver. Seriously, get this game.

[quote name='ncibob']This looks to be universal, Walmart has it for 19.97 and Buy.com has it for 18.99.[/quote]

deepdiscount.com has it for 18.99 w/ free shipping. seller rating appears to be high enough on pricegrabber via ign.com

Only thing is, how much will it be played on Live since there is no local multiplayer? I'm guessing it is good even as single player right?

Game seems decent enough if youre looking for a 360 racing game. Although, the lack of multiplayer was the difference for me.

Id go for PGR4 if you can find it @ Radioshack.

[quote name='latinsword']deepdiscount.com has it for 18.99 w/ free shipping. seller rating appears to be high enough on pricegrabber via ign.com[/QUOTE]
Deep Discount has good prices and free shipping, but they will take forever to get items shipped. I wouldn't expect it in less than two weeks.

Just got back from BB with a copy. I buy a bag of Chex mix a couple times a week and used the $3 off coupon on that to bring the game to $18.06 with tax.

This is not a sale price. The cashier said the coupon could not be used on a sale price. She checked and it was not a sale price. So, the coupon could be used.

I played the demo for this game when it first came out. I love Burnout and this game felt very similar to it. Definitely worth $18 IMHO.

[quote name='latinsword']Game seems decent enough if youre looking for a 360 racing game. Although, the lack of multiplayer was the difference for me.

Id go for PGR4 if you can find it @ Radioshack.[/quote]

2 things:

1. YES to PGR 4, I picked it up last week @ RS for $20, best PGR ever, easily.
2. The price drop is universal on FOUC. Picked it up at EB for $20 new.

SWEEEEEEET!!

CAG rules!!

Wow, I was pretty disappointed in Burnout Paradise so this and PGR4 seems like the better money spent.

Now to just score it for $15 or less and I'm all set.

[quote name='Hoffer']Just got back from BB with a copy. I buy a bag of Chex mix a couple times a week and used the $3 off coupon on that to bring the game to $18.06 with tax.

This is not a sale price. The cashier said the coupon could not be used on a sale price. She checked and it was not a sale price. So, the coupon could be used.

I played the demo for this game when it first came out. I love Burnout and this game felt very similar to it. Definitely worth $18 IMHO.[/QUOTE]
What coupon is this and how is the Chex mix?

[quote name='DrWily008']This is a universal price drop. I recieved my price drop form about it last week.[/QUOTE]
Whom do you work for?

I think I'm already done with the game. :) The cars handle just terrible. I can see that you get new classes of cars and can upgrade them. Problem is I can't even beat the early races to get these new cars.

I'm on about the 5th race right now. I've tried it 4 times and the best I've done is 4th out of 12th place. I HATE racing games where I have to do an event more than 2-3 times to beat. I've got too many other games I'd like to play to spend an hour trying to beat 1 race.

[quote name='Hoffer']I think I'm already done with the game. :) The cars handle just terrible. I can see that you get new classes of cars and can upgrade them. Problem is I can't even beat the early races to get these new cars.

I'm on about the 5th race right now. I've tried it 4 times and the best I've done is 4th out of 12th place. I HATE racing games where I have to do an event more than 2-3 times to beat. I've got too many other games I'd like to play to spend an hour trying to beat 1 race.[/quote]Did you pick the truck? The second car (from the initial selection) has allowed me to win the first 4 races I've tried. It's really a matter of staying out of the pack early and picking your way forward. You have to take good lines through the corners, too. It's nowhere near as precise as a Forza, but you do have to play it like a racing game at points.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. It's a superb mix of Burnout, DiRT and Full Auto. Things are exploding, crashing and breaking everywhere. The courses are incredibly rich in details. Dare I say it, but there's a shit load more going on here than in Burnout, except for the local traffic. You'll get boxes, chairs, fencing and tires being thrown about onto the course on top of the 11 other drivers to contend with.

The cars do handle heavier, but it makes it feel more realistic in that you can't swing it around here and there. It really lets you trade paint with other drivers, too. The destruction derby arenas are incredibly brutal as well. The AI drivers are incredibly ruthless. That's just the Flatout section of the game.

There's the other aspect dealing with a Pain/Insurance (from Saints Row) like gameplay elements. All I can say is that they're brutal. If you enjoy the Crazy Taxi mini-games and miss the Burnout style Crash mode, then this goes along those lines.

[quote name='explorer1990']Thanks TC, been waiting a while for this to drop. Not sure why I'm so interested, I guess it reminds me of the Dreamcast - Destruction Derby days. "DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!"

I guess it just looks fun to me.

Thanks for posting.[/QUOTE]

sigh ... Demolition Racer: No Exit ... T-BONED! :joystick:

I played some more last night and got further. I think I was just tired that first night. I tried a race 4 times and couldn’t even get 3rd place. Last night I did 5 races and got 1st on all.

[quote name='xgamer']Ended getting it yesterday for $19.99 at BB w/ 25% off so total was $16.20. Great deal if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Is there a coupon floating around somewhere?

bread's done
Back