FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage (Xbox 360) $19.99 at Best Buy(possibly universal)

I ordered one from buy.com using google checkout and 3 day shipping for a total of $13.39. You can't beat that, especially since a rental is 8 bucks. I think this is my 5th or 6th 10 dollar google checkout discount, so I may be running out of credit cards to do this anymore. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I ordered one from buy.com using google checkout and 3 day shipping for a total of $13.39. You can't beat that, especially since a rental is 8 bucks. I think this is my 5th or 6th 10 dollar google checkout discount, so I may be running out of credit cards to do this anymore. lol[/QUOTE]

Didn't you used to play Crash 'n Burn on Live?

[quote name='radjago']Didn't you used to play Crash 'n Burn on Live?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I sure did. We had a group of people who played that game every week for a long time. I had a lot of fun with that one.

I've been to a few local BB's here in Milwaukee, WI area. 3 out of 4 stores still wanted $39.99 for the game, but if you ordered online and chose store pickup, it dropped to $19.99.

Just traded this back into EB, picked it up on a 50% clearance at BB
a month ago for 14.99. The game is ok, gets boring after playing a few
races. Cant do much to the cars except for a few little upgrades. For this
franchise to exist anymore they need to step it up.

Just wanted to bring this up to say I've been playing Flatout UC and must say it's a blast. For less than 20 bucks you should dig it if you liked th e previous Flatout games. It's a heck of a lot more fun than the 60 dollar Burnout Paradise. As for car setups?? This is an arcade racer about drivin' dirty and causing destruction, not Forza 2.

I've been waiting for this game to come down in price. I got mine today at Blockbuster (the condition wasn't great, but I'll just get it buffed over at Gamecrazy) with green box, and cover, and instructions. I'm going to be playing it a lot. BTW, Demolition Racer was really great wasn't it!?!

This is definitely YMMV, but I got it at my Best Buy on a manager's special for 50% off the $19.99...this was at the Arden store in Sacramento for CAGs in the area.

[quote name='Hoffer']I think I'm already done with the game. :) The cars handle just terrible. I can see that you get new classes of cars and can upgrade them. Problem is I can't even beat the early races to get these new cars.

I'm on about the 5th race right now. I've tried it 4 times and the best I've done is 4th out of 12th place. I HATE racing games where I have to do an event more than 2-3 times to beat. I've got too many other games I'd like to play to spend an hour trying to beat 1 race.[/quote]
The big thing is not touching your brakes... ever. I couldn't nail the first couple races either because i was using the e-brake to turn and it just slows you down too much. the regular brake doesnt allow you to turn, so you stop in a straight line... very frustrating. then i saw one of the loading screens and it said if you let off the accelerator, start your turn, then reapply acceleration, you'll skid through your turns. it works. it took me a bit to mentally leave the brakes alone, but i was getting at least bronze from then on (as long as i avoided big crshes) just using the accelerator.

also, if you do wreck, or end up facing the wrong way, just hit Y to reset your car, its much faster than trying to turn around to ramp up to speed. your car will begin by going about 35mph... its a big help.

I happened to see this on the racks the other day, so i bit. lots of fun for $20!

bread's done
Back