FLCL Preorders @ Amazon $21 & $25

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Oh, that's not offensive at all. My only frustration comes from the fact that this is brought up *so often*, which makes it seem like people think anything can just magically be made into proper HD. Discussing the video quality of these releases is certainly a conversation worth having, if just to educate people who don't know any better - I just wish it didn't have to happen multiple times per thread. That, and the "I'm waiting for Blu-ray!" comments when discussing releases of SD programming. Groan.[/QUOTE]

of course there's the announcement that funi is going to do a couple of upcoming releases in blu/dvd combo packs instead of releasing separate copies.

[quote name='Afflicted']of course there's the announcement that funi is going to do a couple of upcoming releases in blu/dvd combo packs instead of releasing separate copies.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and I'm a fan of that idea. I doubt we'll be seeing that sort of thing for upscaled shows, but it's definitely welcome for the titles they've announced so far.

[quote name='Afflicted']of course there's the announcement that funi is going to do a couple of upcoming releases in blu/dvd combo packs instead of releasing separate copies.[/QUOTE]
That will be awesome. I prefer hd versions of non-upscales, but I also like having the dvd version to keep in my digital library (bluray is just too big to keep a digital library of). Even better would be to also include a digital copy like some non-anime titles come with now, but then you don't have menu navigation or extra features.

[quote name='VipFREAK']This shit was WTF? I think you guys have motivated to watch then again to see if they are still WTF? as for buying them on BR? no.[/QUOTE]

You're very smart.

[quote name='zenintrude']My pre-order hasn't updated... when should that happen?[/QUOTE]
My experience has been they only automatically change to the lower price once the item has shipped. This can be dangerous if the price goes back up before release and their system didn't catch the price drop.

You can either email cs and tell them about the new price so that they change it for you now, or you can just cancel your current order and reorder at the new price (which is what I did). I only ever contact cs directly if I got the item through a goldbox discount since a preorder price match will maintain that discount (for example, Portal 2 just dropped from $59.99->$54.99, and since I had it preordered through goldbox discount, after an email price adjustment it went from $56.99->$52.54).

There's a FUNI sale at rightstuf this week. The blu ray is $26.99, or $24.29 if you have a Got Anime membership. I plan on getting the BD release eventually (unless it's worse than the DVD release), but I'm probably going to sit this out until a future FUNI sale. I have such a huge backlog that it really doesn't make sense to keep buying right now.

Amazon just dropped the blu-ray to $24.99. Canceled my Walmart order and pre-ordered there instead!
Also just fetched ~$60 for my old DVDs via the Amazon marketplace :p

FLCL has always been wayyy overpriced. this time is no exception. 34 bucks for 6 episodes, no thanks. maybe when the BD is down to like 10 used.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Amazon just dropped the blu-ray to $24.99. Canceled my Walmart order and pre-ordered there instead!
Also just fetched ~$60 for my old DVDs via the Amazon marketplace :p
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, probably would have missed that, since I checked the price earlier today ro make a copy of it, and it was still $34. A customer service rep lowered the price to $19.92, and since I had credit I get it free now!

I didn't want to pay $30+ for this and my prayers have just been answered. I went ahead and pre ordered on Amazon. Biggest positive is if they decide to drop it again, you'll still get the lowest price. :p

Also, I think that cover is pretty damn sexy. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

Oops, minejust came in the mail along with the Leon: THe Professional blu. Lemme give this sucker a gander and see what's what.

Edit: Nice packaging and slipcase. The 4:3 picture quality is very good. I'm looking forward to playing this really loud when I get the chance to watch it through. For 25 I'm very satisfied, I just wish I would have remembered to sell my FLCL Dvds and the artbox!

Double edit!
The scene where Haruko is twisting around on the ground after she hits Naota with her bike is still as funny as ever. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back