FLCL Ultimate DVD Set - 32.99 Shipped Buy.com (GC)

SubjectNameHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Buy.com - FLCL Ultimate DVD Set - 32.99 Shipped w/Google Checkout

http://www.buy.com/prod/Flcl_ultimate_Edition_Dvd_Collection/q/loc/322/203135952.html

SPFCDVD05!SP-1520851.jpg

spfcdvd05b.jpg

Didn't see this posted. Retails for $70.

it's a solid show with some great music. Don't count the 6 eps against it, I've watched numerous series filled with fluff because they are going a full 26 ep season or even a 13 ep half season.
It's one of the few anime series I have watched multiple times.
It is bizarre comedy, crazy bizarre, but entertaining unlike some other bizarro anime comedies.

[quote name='WebScud']6 episodes? Is that even worth it?[/QUOTE]

yes. definitely a case of quality over quantity. The animation is some of the best around and the show its self is hilarious and very entertaining.

Its a fun little series. Although I can understand people being resistant to paying even 38.94 for 6 episodes. It is the best deal on the series I have seen though

I'd say we got off easy in america. In the R2 release each episode was on 1 dvd. I pre-ordered mine back in October for $39.19 @ Video Universe. It will be shipping on Monday (about damn time, all the other retailers have had it for 2 weeks already)

Great deal! I paid around $90 for the original releases. Quite pricey, but I did manage to get the series box, which is quite a find. I got it at the Barnes & Noble website of all places. And after I placed my order, the listing was gone! Apparently I got the last retail copy in existence???? :whistle2:k

buy.com item description:

"This Ultimate Edition includes a Collector's Box, all 6 episodes on 3 discs plus a disc full of extras, an FLCL T-Shirt Postcard (Redeemable for one t-shirt, size S-XL), a Sticker Sheet featuring all FLCL Logos (9 stickers), a Postcard Set featuring robots from FLCL (6 postcards), and the FLCL Ultimate Book featuring translation notes, English voice actor interviews and manga scenes."

Holy shit. I payed $90 ($30 each) for the three legit DVDs that hold the entire series a couple of years ago - yes, it's that good. Having seen and loved the series, looking at the extras that this collector's set comes with - at half the price I payed, mind you - is making me want to pick it up all over again just for the shirt and the chance of getting a legit "P!" sticker. Be warned, many sellers are selling a single DVD that contains all 6 episodes on it, claiming it is real. It is not legitimate, the only legitimate releases thus far have been the three DVDs with two episodes each on them.

By the way, new FLCL shirts were released recently (a couple of months back). They are available on Amazon and at Hot Topic. Very well-designed compared to the only one I could find some time ago that had four squares with different character faces in each one.

[quote name='OpTiMaL']Ordered it Sunday and already received it earlier today. Thanks again for the deal OP.[/quote]Jeez. I ordered it Sunday and just today got shipping confirmation.

They should make a sequal to FLCL.

Dont want to throw in any spoilers for the unknowing CAGers, but with the way it ended, they should make a return of some characters for another 6 episodes of randomness :applause:

This is my favorite anime next to Goldenboy and FMP Fumofoo! :D

FLCL is the animated equivelant of the experience of growing up, and you only grow up once, so I don't know if a sequel could work without being a shallower revisiting of the characters. Unless Haruhara went and tormented a different young boy this time around...

[quote name='supershammy']FLCL is the animated equivelant of the experience of growing up, and you only grow up once, so I don't know if a sequel could work without being a shallower revisiting of the characters. Unless Haruhara went and tormented a different young boy this time around...[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. My copy arrived today btw and it's pretty. :D

Yea I got mine today also ^^.

Came with this neat black wrist band. Says "Never Knows Best" :D

At least they didn't include the cigarette butt xD

[quote name='AlphaCananogram']HEY!!!!!!! now it's 32.99 with Google Checkout :D[/quote]

Awesome, the $38.94 I paid was worth it though ;)

To whomever received theirs already, was your t-shirt offer card still valid? The set came out 7 years ago...

Also, get it before the SD and FW people do!

This Item is Shakin'
Today's Rank: 11
Yesterday's Rank: 131

left_change.gif
1,091%
right_change.gif

[quote name='Blade']To whomever received theirs already, was your t-shirt offer card still valid? The set came out 7 years ago...

Also, get it before the SD and FW people do!

This Item is Shakin'
Today's Rank: 11
Yesterday's Rank: 131

left_change.gif
1,091%
right_change.gif
[/quote]

The anime came out about 7 years ago, this Ultimate collection was released at the end of January, the 27th I believe.

I sent out my tshirt card the day I received my order.I was wondering If anyone else has sent out the t-shirt card and if so have you received the shirt or any notification on it?

[quote name='kingryan18']I sent out my tshirt card the day I received my order.I was wondering If anyone else has sent out the t-shirt card and if so have you received the shirt or any notification on it?[/quote]

I'm curious as to how the T-shirt looks like, I might send out the card if it's cool :)

Anyone who has the shirt, post a pic of it! I wanna see it!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm curious as to how the T-shirt looks like, I might send out the card if it's cool :)

Anyone who has the shirt, post a pic of it! I wanna see it![/quote]Ditto.

[quote name='Grico']Its a fun little series. Although I can understand people being resistant to paying even 38.94 for 6 episodes. It is the best deal on the series I have seen though[/quote]

Yeah thats my problem with it. I loved the show but i cannot see myself paying so much for it. Meh.

I jumped on this... It's a good deal, I just wonder if I'll even watch them since I've already seen them so much.

Oooooh, I'm gonna go send in the card now :D

Since it's in LA, I might consider driving there personally and dropping the card off ;O

[quote name='AlphaCananogram']HEY!!!!!!! now it's 32.99 with Google Checkout :D[/quote]

After MONTHS of procrastination after i found out about this price, i FINALLY purchased this,,, should arrive in a week or so... I'm glad a photo of the shirt finally showed up, I CAN'T wait!!!:cool:

i may put this on my psp,,,but I HATE the GHOSTING on the PSP LCD SCREENS!!!!!!! :censored:

GLAD I ONLY PAID A TOTAL OF UNDER $5 FOR THE WHOLE SERIES THANKS TO DVDPLANET'S USED SECTION ;) and its REGION 1 AUTHENTIC 3 DVDs in IMMACULATE CONDITION...sry...just thought i should brag about that just a little bit...

[quote name='animemaniac14']GLAD I ONLY PAID A TOTAL OF UNDER $5 FOR THE WHOLE SERIES THANKS TO DVDPLANET'S USED SECTION ;) and its REGION 1 AUTHENTIC 3 DVDs in IMMACULATE CONDITION...sry...just thought i should brag about that just a little bit...[/quote]In the Ultimate edition? Or just the discs? Cause $5 is a steal but the set itself is way beyond awesome. I'm a real consumer whore :p

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']In the Ultimate edition? Or just the discs? Cause $5 is a steal but the set itself is way beyond awesome. I'm a real consumer whore :p[/quote]

Word.

Seriously, even though it's 6 episodes, it's worth the $32.99 + shipping w/ GC $10 off. The shorter the series, the better the quality ;O

[quote name='supershammy']FLCL is the animated equivelant of the experience of growing up, and you only grow up once, so I don't know if a sequel could work without being a shallower revisiting of the characters. Unless Haruhara went and tormented a different young boy this time around...[/QUOTE]
Nah, I'd say FLCL is the animated equivalent to shoving crack up your ass and smoking it. (not that it's bad just that it's that pfargtling weird.

[quote name='Gden']Nah, I'd say FLCL is the animated equivalent to shoving crack up your ass and smoking it. (not that it's bad just that it's that pfargtling weird.[/quote]

Haha, yeah, it's totally insane. I would say it's more along the lines of the animated equivelant of growing up.

[quote name='animemaniac14']like i said...each disc was $1.48 on dvdplanets used section ($10.48 + $1 shipping (minus) $10 for GCO = $1.48 ;)[/quote]

Damn... do they ever restock? And were they complete?

bread's done
Back