Flea market finds:your best and worst?

I did a search for flea market, but the only thread that came up that was a general flea market one was over 2 years old, so I decided to make this new one.

So, tell me about your best and worst flea market finds. Here's mine:

Worst(none of which I bought):

The Burger King games......for only $27 EACH from a game seller

Best(thus far):

Genesis 3 button arcade stick......for $3

I've also seen the requisite consoles without wires, games priced ridiculously(a Genesis game for $15 comes to mind, some generic crap I could get from Gamecrazy for $2.50 or less) Best crap game had to be a super scratched up copy of a game called Crash & Burn for the PS2, for $5. Sure, you could have it resurfaced, but some scratches were so deep, I don't even think it'd work before OR after resurfacing.

So, what's your best and worst flea market deal or find? And, did you get them or not?

Worst:

So hard to keep track of the truly bad prices among the usual dreck (overpriced Game Boy/Genesis games, etc.), but one that stands out:

-Dirty, loose copy of E.T. for the Atari 2600 - $15

Best:

Again, hard to keep track of all the better stuff, but some standouts:

-Mint, sealed copy of Super Mario Bros. for NES - $1
-Boxed Virtual Boy - $3
-CIB Stack-Up for the NES - $8

Wow, a boxed VB?!?!?! Mind you, I remember playing that back in the day in a Hills store when they had one on display. My eyes were bugging out for an hour after playing it for 10 minutes and I had a bad headache. Black and red being the ONLY two colors for games= BAD gaming idea.

worst:
Madden 2003 - $25 ~super rare!~

best:
Silent Hill black labeled SEALED - $8
all naurto mangas - $30
Guilty Gear X2 - $3
Valkyire Profile psx - $22!!!!

Worst:
Suikoden 2 for $130
or Shining Tears for $50 (both seen a few weeks ago)

best:
Have yet to find a good deal on games at a flea mkt. :lol:

Worst: Chrono Trigger for SNES, cart only, for $75

Best: Well, let the pictures tell you...

Picture121.jpg

Sega CD - $5
Sega 32x + MotoCross Championship - $3

Picture161.jpg

Guy wanted $5, I haggled and paid only $3.

Picture162.jpg

Game Gear + Sonic Chaos - $10
Sonic the Hedgehog - $2

Not pictured but hella noteworthy are as follows.
  • Boxed Dreamcast with 11 games, two controllers, two VMUs (one boxed) and all the necessary plugs for $30.
  • Street Fighter II: Championship Edition (Genesis) complete with case and booklet for $5.
  • Sonic & Knuckles with the slip-on case for $4.
  • Old, brick shaped Game Boy for $5.
  • Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360) and F-Zero (SNES) for $5 together.
  • Sega Sports edition Dreamcast with Resident Evil Code: VERONICA Disc 2 inside for $10.
  • Super Mario Bros. 3, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and Tetris for $5 together.

God, there are so many bad "deals" at the flea market, i've lost count. But, my best buys have been:

top loader nes- console only- $2
FFIII-Snes- loose- $5
SOTN-ps1 gh- $4
virtual boy w 2 games- $12
Tengen Tetris- loose- $1.50
World Series Baseball 32x (Rare?)- $2
Super Mario RPG- loose- $5

That's all I can think of for now.

Best:
Atari 2600 with about 20 games - $8
Zombies ate my neighbors complete (genesis) - $0.50
Nintendo 64 with all hookups - $4
Castlevania (NES) compete - $2
Worst:
Diddy kong racking cart only - $40
The Simpsons Wrestling - $20
Playstation one councle only - $65
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cart only - $20
And I've seen countless awful prices on the Bruger King games.
Of coarse I didn't buy any of these.

The flea here usually has fair prices at at least one stand, of course the stands vary in price and some are outrageous charging 10$ per GBC game, but usually you can get things ilke VMU's for 1-2$, dreamcast stuff is usually very cheap, I got a minty shenmue there a few years ago for 10$, I don't think it was ever played. I have seen skies of arcadia for the dreamcast for 10$ but it was from this vendor that shrinkwraps all his stuff so I don't trust whats actually inside, I am not buying games from the flea unless I can actually see the condition of the disc. There is one booth at the flea that is awesome though, they don't accept anything thats in bad condition and their prices are extremely fair.

Worst - many PS2 sports games for 40 a piece used. I'm not talking EA either, I'm talking 3rd-party "They really made that?" type.
Best - Someone at a garage sale with a box of like 20 of the old phat gray brick gameboys, the original greentone screen, at a buck each. Gave em 5 for the box and they said deal. For the record, you CANNOT DESTROY ONE OF THOSE! We tried to smush that box for a week. Even ran one over. They will outlast the roaches.

My local swap meet has been a treasure trove over the last couple of years. My best find, by far, was five sets of official Sega Saturn twin sticks for $18. The vendor was selling figurines and sports items, so this was extremely out of place. My runner up deal was a complete copy of Suikoden II for $8 and Suikoden for $5. He charged less for Suikoden because he thought it was missing a disc.

As for the worst deal, an older lady was trying to sell a Sega Genesis lot (pristine, mind you), which included around 20 games. However, she was trying to get $250 for the lot. At best, the lot was worth $100.

Worst. 20 dollar super mario bros 3

Best

Valkyrie Profile complete and near mint for 5 dollars
Fatal Frame 1-2 complete for 35
Chrono Trigger 5 dollars loose.
Palm Tungsten T3 10 dollars used
Super nintendo model 2 with everything and two games 20 dollars
Assortment of 20 anime dvds for a dollar each
Palm V for 5 dollars
Chobits manga 1-8 for five dollars
HP Photosmart 7350 printer for 10 dollars with two full ink tanks
HP Deskjet 450 mobile printer for 15 dollars with one full ink tank
HP Deskjet 855cse old business printer from 1997 for 5 dollars. Ink was 2-3 dollars a cart and was 43 ml
Suikoden 1 for 5 dollars
Super Mario RPG for 10 dollars

So many deals. I try to black out the shitty ones.

Worst -
Too many to name

Best (recent)
Disc only Suikoden 2 - $3
Disc only Raiden Project - $1
Burning Rangers (Saturn) complete - $5
Complete Mario Clash! and cart only Wario World both VB) - $10
Neo Nectaris (Import Duo) - $7

Dont remeber what the best ever was but those are the recent good ones.

bread's done
Back