FlingSmash w/Wiimote Plus $25 Toys R Us B&M

Same price at my TRU, tons of copies. Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes, MN

EDIT: for the Wii Play Motion bundle, not the Flingsmash bundle.  My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't get why Nintendo went through the trouble of introducing the motionplus, but only made two worthwhile games to support it.  Their business decisions will always continue to baffle me.

Damn.. I might have to cruise up to toys r us tomorrow.  I want a black wii remote to go with my wii u.  Are they always black with flingsmash?

Actually I thought it REQUIRES it on a number of titles.

That, and Nintendo only manufactures Wiimotes with Motion+ anymore.

EDIT: I just remembered that it's the Wii Play Motion bundle that's on clearance at Maple Grove TRU, not Flingsmash. My bad. Same price though IIRC.

That, and Nintendo only manufactures Wiimotes with Motion+ anymore.

EDIT: I just remembered that it's the Wii Play Motion bundle that's on clearance at Maple Grove TRU, not Flingsmash. My bad. Same price though IIRC.
Thanks for the heads-up, heading to that TRU after work.

Thanks for the heads-up, heading to that TRU after work.

No problem, they're in one of the glass cases on the main gaming wall, stacked on the bottom. IIRC there's 7-10 of them there.

BUY IT FOR WIIMOTE, KEEP IT FOR FLING SMASH.  WHAT IS FLING SMASH?

I bought a blue Wiimote+ for Zelda.  Wish I'd had a chance to get one of these instead.  I still have my old regular Wiimote (motion minus) that came with my Wii in 2006 or whenever it was.  Can that even be used with Wii U?  I might need a second Wiimote +.  I have no TRU, but I have a Kmart.

Advice?  (Besides "check Kmart," which sounds good.)

BUY IT FOR WIIMOTE, KEEP IT FOR FLING SMASH. WHAT IS FLING SMASH?

I bought a blue Wiimote+ for Zelda. Wish I'd had a chance to get one of these instead. I still have my old regular Wiimote (motion minus) that came with my Wii in 2006 or whenever it was. Can that even be used with Wii U? I might need a second Wiimote +. I have no TRU, but I have a Kmart.

Advice? (Besides "check Kmart," which sounds good.)
Yeah, the regular wiimotes (wii motion minus, that's funny) Sync up and work with the wii U just fine, as long as the game your playing doesn't require motion + I haven't tried it, but by that same logic, the add on plus adapter should work just fine.

Yeah, the regular wiimotes (wii motion minus, that's funny) Sync up and work with the wii U just fine, as long as the game your playing doesn't require motion + I haven't tried it, but by that same logic, the add on plus adapter should work just fine.
That's great! So I could just get one of the add-on things. I haven't seen any lately...

I've been looking for Wii remotes for under $30. Looks like I'll have to check my local TRU and see if they have any.

Thanks for the heads up!

I still don't get why Nintendo went through the trouble of introducing the motionplus, but only made two worthwhile games to support it. Their business decisions will always continue to baffle me.
I think that Nintendo was just trying to make good on some of the promises and rumors from when it was still codenamed Revolution. Many thought it would be MotionPlus out the box but that feature was added later. Past the point of many publishers really caring to incorporate it into the games.

That's great! So I could just get one of the add-on things. I haven't seen any lately...

I got two when they first launched for sports resort I have. Then one motion plus controller. I don't like the added length... Plus I feel I have to use the silicone sleeve with those... Which I hate.

Good looks on the Kmart deal. I've tried and failed to find this Item at TRU for about a year now. My order would go through on their site after confirmed store pick up at 4 different locations, but then a day later it'd be cancelled. Finally after a nasty phone convo with a TRU rep, I managed to get Paper Mario Sticker Stars free from them.

Just picked this up using store pick from Kmart (sold out on the site). Awesome!

Flingsmash is the most broken game I've ever played. It's not even a game; it's an exercise in using the Wiimote Plus and it controls terribly.

The Kmart near the Northtown Mall in Blaine has two Flingsmash bundles tucked back in the case for MN CAGs. Didn't get a chance to price check.

I picked this up last year during Black Friday weekend or something. I remember having a coupon as well to get the bundle for around $19.99. The TRU staffer was ringing the item up and said to me, "Man, people are just getting this for the controller" :)

bread's done
Back