Flip Successes and Flip Flops

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I'm really not into flipping anyway but it's unbelievable how obnoxiously elitist about it you guys are.[/quote]

Just curious, how was I being elitist? I'm not bragging about being in a group, I'm simply explaining why there is a need for groups. I suppose you might not be directing that towards me, but I was really trying to not come off as elitist. I hate that shit as much as the next guy.

Short story: The flip groups exist solely to circumvent lurkers and freeloaders, as much as anyone may or may not think those two groups are a problem. Personally, I'm trying to not be arrogant here as being in one of these groups makes me no better than the next guy. Anyone with a working knowledge of eBay search can do what we're doing.

No, in fact you're the only one who's being reasonable about it. Like I already said, I understand why you have the group(s). Over the last few pages or so I can't even tell who's being serious and who's just trolling but overall there's just a lot of jackassery.

Seriously, all squabbling aside, I'm interested in joining one of these groups as I resell for a living and feel that I can benefit a group as well as benefit from being in it. Who should I contact?

[quote name='Cmosfm']Seriously, all squabbling aside, I'm interested in joining one of these groups as I resell for a living and feel that I can benefit a group as well as benefit from being in it. Who should I contact?[/quote] PM phear3d, he's the admin of our group.
I'd recommend you for it though from reading your posts, you seem a lot more knowledgeable about this stuff than I do. XD

[quote name='darkslime']PM phear3d, he's the admin of our group.
I'd recommend you for it though from reading your posts, you seem a lot more knowledgeable about this stuff than I do. XD[/QUOTE]

Just sent him a message, thanks a lot. And yeah, I really have to be on top of my game, as I support myself and my wife, while saving to buy a house, just on doing this alone...

...and I make more money then my friends who went to 4 year colleges

[quote name='Cmosfm']Just sent him a message, thanks a lot. And yeah, I really have to be on top of my game, as I support myself and my wife, while saving to buy a house, just on doing this alone...

...and I make more money then my friends who went to 4 year colleges[/quote]

As a four year college student, this is simultaneously intriguing and infuriating. Who do I send that $5 to? :D

[quote name='Splatoon']As a four year college student, this is simultaneously intriguing and infuriating. Who do I send that $5 to? :D[/QUOTE]

It's honestly amazing the stuff you can buy and resell just by simply DOING it a lot.

For example, I made a few hundred bucks this last holiday season by buying and reselling a particular item from Walgreen's. Then made a few more by buying another item at Hamrick's. Unfortunately both of those wells have dried up, but that was only a very miniscule small portion of the stuff I buy and sell on a regular basis, can't always stick with games, but they are great as a main focus.

[quote name='Cmosfm']It's honestly amazing the stuff you can buy and resell just by simply DOING it a lot.

For example, I made a few hundred bucks this last holiday season by buying and reselling a particular item from Walgreen's. Then made a few more by buying another item at Hamrick's. Unfortunately both of those wells have dried up, but that was only a very miniscule small portion of the stuff I buy and sell on a regular basis, can't always stick with games, but they are great as a main focus.[/quote]

I've actually started doing games on a (very) small scale, usually old-school stuff that I grab at yard-sales. This buying clearance at one place to sell at another thing sounds interesting though. If I can build up a little investment capital, I think I might give it a go.

Anyone who is feeling left out of the groups, flipping isn't an amazing art or science. Search "Rare DS" and see what's ending high. And then repeat for every system that Gamestop sells games for. That's going to show you the majority of them. Gamestop flipping is smooth as butter especially since you can compare Gamestop's prices to Ebay's prices and check their stock all from the comfort of your home.

But I can understand the feeling of being left out. Phear3d entirely ignored my PM about joining the group. So much for that fraternity of people who run store clearance threads. But don't worry, you'll get into a group. If not, form a smaller group filled with people who can't get in to either group. You'll do fine.

And I don't see how my comparison isn't valid. "Damn these lurkers, they're probably buying all of these deals I could have got to save money!" What is the difference of entitlement between getting flips and deals? It's the same thing.

[quote name='darkslime']seriously, if you guys were in a group i'm sure you would be just as elitist as we are. you just bitch because you aren't in one.[/quote]
You know, I've been a lurker in the thread for a few weeks now, ever since Gripshift became a hot item. I've never once asked to be in a group, and never intend to, because I simply don't have the time/resources to be an active member. I do appreciate the flips that get posted in this thread, and check my local stores when I get a chance, which isn't very often.

IMO, if a flip is found, the OG of the flip should keep it to themselves until they have found all available titles in their area. Then, announce it in this thread so others can share the wealth. Look at it this way. How many people visit slickdeals or fatwallet on a daily basis looking for deals? Those website are all about sharing info so other people can save/make a buck or two.

Now, onto darkslime. You come off as really cocky. You're in a group. Big "flippin" deal. (no pun intended) Congrats, you have made yourself look like an ass on a public forum.

SlammedNiss, there are two parts to a flip once you find it. Finding all the available titles in your area is one part, actually selling them on Ebay/Amazon/Half.com/Craigslist is the other. Sometimes when a good flip gets announced everyone lists their finds at once, engage in penny wars on Amazon/Ebay and that craters the price or makes it more difficult to sell.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']

Now, onto darkslime. You come off as really cocky. You're in a group. Big "flippin" deal. (no pun intended) Congrats, you have made yourself look like an ass on a public forum.[/quote] Thank you for informing me of this, it has been a big help. I never knew that I was an ass on a public forum.

[quote name='dyeknom']Technically.... it is not a public forum.[/quote]

Considering I didn't have to be invited to join CAG, it is considered a public forum. You don't even have to be a member to read what is posted here, therefore making it a public, not private, forum.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Considering I didn't have to be invited to join CAG, it is considered a public forum. You don't even have to be a member to read what is posted here, therefore making it a public, not private, forum.[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Forum

.... no... and you do have to be a member to post here.... so once again, no. So quit trying to be a smart ass, and proving yourself to be a jerk, please. Your post directed at that other guy was solely to incite hostility. So just chill out.

And in all honesty, this entire thread has degraded into a flame-fest between people who are or aren't in social groups.... on an internet forum. It's absurd.

[quote name='dyeknom']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Forum

.... no... and you do have to be a member to post here.... so once again, no. So quit trying to be a smart ass, and proving yourself to be a jerk, please. Your post directed at that other guy was solely to incite hostility. So just chill out.[/quote]
I never said anything about posting. I simply stated that you don't have to be a member hear to READ what others wrote, making this forum PUBLIC. A PRIVATE forum, you would have to join in order to read others comments.

As far as darkslime goes, his personality shines brightly throughout this thread. I don't have to prove anything, as others can read it for themselves.

BTW, whatever you linked to has absolutely nothing to do with an internet forum. Did you even read the content, or did you just wiki "public forum" and post the results?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I never said anything about posting. I simply stated that you don't have to be a member hear to READ what others wrote, making this forum public. A PRIVATE forum, you would have to join in order to read others comments.

As far as darkslime goes, his personality shines brightly throughout this thread. I don't have to prove anything, as others can read it for themselves.[/quote]

No, this is still considered a private forum. It doesn't matter if you have to register to read it or not. A public forum has a very specific definition. Regardless of whether you were talking about posting or reading... by virtue of having to register to post... it's still PRIVATE in nature. Mods and the owner can strip anybody and any post at any time with or without cause. Actually, I don't even know why I bother... it's not worth my time... especially to a person who doesn't quite know the difference between hear and here >.

This has probably been mentioned already or is well known

If you can find digital devil saga 2 for ps2 at gamestop in good condition it seems like you could flip for a decent profit. The first devil summoner seems to be rising in value as well.

[quote name='dyeknom']Actually, I don't even know why I bother... it's not worth my time... especially to a person who doesn't quite know the difference between hear and here >.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I alwayz enjoy it when people rezort to calling out other's on they're missspellings.

Sort of like a last ditch effort to make me look ignorant or uneducated.

You sir, are my hero. Brav-O!![/quote]

Actually, that's not a "missspelling" ... that's just failure at homophones. There's no last ditch effort... but it's cute to see somebody edit their post with zs instead of Ss and more mistakes (there, their, they're)... to give the illusion that their failures are intentional.

Anyway, point was made. Grow up and move on.

[quote name='dyeknom']Actually, that's not a "missspelling" ... that's just failure at homophones. There's no last ditch effort... but it's cute to see somebody edit their post with zs instead of Ss and more mistakes (there, their, they're)... to give the illusion that their failures are intentional.

Anyway, point was made. Grow up and move on.[/quote]
I moved on a long time ago. This is nothing but utilizing my down time at work until I go home for the day.

I do want to take this time to show you my appreciation for providing me with today's entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bickering = awesome deal :lol:

Bought one of those GC modem (dial-up) adapters for $0.99, sold it for $13something. Not extremely profitable, but doesn't suck.

[quote name='schuerm26']Darkslime, can I get a response to my pm? I have insight I could lend.[/quote] I'm looking in my inbox, and don't see a PM from you. Maybe it glitched and didn't get sent or something.
You could send it to me again, or send it to phear3d, since he created the group, and is the only one with the privilege to approve or deny people's acceptance into the group, I really can't do anything other than forward it to him or tell him in the group.

[quote name='darkslime']But seriously, if you all of the lurkers quit whining and being douches in general I wouldn't troll you. k?[/quote]
LOL! That's like the pot calling the kettle black!

BTW, perhaps you should edit your post. As I've already stated, I'm a lurker and have absolutely zero interest in joining your groups.

[quote name='darkslime']I'm looking in my inbox, and don't see a PM from you. Maybe it glitched and didn't get sent or something.
You could send it to me again, or send it to phear3d, since he created the group, and is the only one with the privilege to approve or deny people's acceptance into the group, I really can't do anything other than forward it to him or tell him in the group.[/quote]

Sorry man. I got my names mixed up. That is who i sent it to. Phear3d.

This place has really turned into a mess.

Also all this bickering is rather ridiculous, all you have to do is search on ebay for members of one of the groups (hint not everyone is smart enough to differentiate their user names). If there were super secret flips it wouldn't be hard to find them, the only reason I started the second group was to keep up reasonable conversations without a ton of bs.

That is all.

yay! more reasons for me to unsubscribe from this thread! *rolls eyes* I thought about contributing my 2 cents...but i wouldn't get anything in return..so $0.02 --> $0.00 = EPIC FLOP!

[quote name='Cmosfm']It's honestly amazing the stuff you can buy and resell just by simply DOING it a lot.

For example, I made a few hundred bucks this last holiday season by buying and reselling a particular item from Walgreen's. Then made a few more by buying another item at Hamrick's. Unfortunately both of those wells have dried up, but that was only a very miniscule small portion of the stuff I buy and sell on a regular basis, can't always stick with games, but they are great as a main focus.[/QUOTE]

If both those wells dried up, why didnt you just share what the particular item was? Was it Mach 3 razors or something?

For some reason I can't imagine that people having a current-gen system and a credit card to buy online content still have a need for FF7. Does the PS1 version not work with the PS3?

[quote name='Zing']For some reason I can't imagine that people having a current-gen system and a credit card to buy online content still have a need for FF7. Does the PS1 version not work with the PS3?[/quote]

Newer ps3 are not bc with ps1 games. I got my 60gb at launch so I stopped keeping track the second i got it so i dont know which ones are BC or not.

s2k, that's not correct actually. I think you are confused.... all PS3 systems play PS1 games, it's the PS2 games that the newer models do not play. I am almost 100% positive on this.

[quote name='goomba478']s2k, that's not correct actually. I think you are confused.... all PS3 systems play PS1 games, it's the PS2 games that the newer models do not play. I am almost 100% positive on this.[/QUOTE]

You can be 100% positive, no need to be "almost". All PS3's have the same level of PS1 BC.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Just sent him a message, thanks a lot. And yeah, I really have to be on top of my game, as I support myself and my wife, while saving to buy a house, just on doing this alone...
[/quote]

Is she an able bodied woman? If so, she needs to be helping you in some way. You didn't say we make this money together. She might want to get a job and put all that money down on the house.

Edit: I forgot to mention how hard it is for a seller who isn't legit to get a home loan. It's not like you can get a no-doc loan easily anymore.

[quote name='Cmosfm']
...and I make more money then my friends who went to 4 year colleges[/quote]

That's not saying much if these friend's have liberal arts degrees. Also, last time I checked, eBay did not have a 401k or health plan so you have to calculate those in before making such a broad statement. I hope you aren't getting sales confused with profit. Just because you sold 50k doesn't mean you profited 50k.

Let's say your friends make 50k a year. If you are doubling your money with your sales, then you are selling 100k a year. Moving that much money around, I really hope you are treating this like a real business (paying taxes, recording mileage, deducting meals, etc.). If not, you really shouldn't be bragging about how much you make on a "public" forum, you never know when the IRS is watching or a jealous lurker wants to make a phone call.

I highly doubt that the IRS would take someone seriously if they called and said someone makes a 100k a year and does not pay taxes he is on this online f0rum for videogames its called cheapassgamer.

No that would never work lets be realistic.

There are plenty of sellers who make a living off of eBay and other e-commerce things. In fact I have a friend who sells virtual items in Ultima Online he makes 3k a week in gold and item sales. Those accounts and electricity to script gold probably cost him a few 100 bucks a month.

Hrm well I took a long long hiatus from flipping games and am gonna start up again but not as actively as before.

I'm not gonna post any actual flips, but here is a very good piece of advice for any newbies who are actually willing to do some research to find their own flips. Find a flippable that YOU know about on Amazon and Ebay and check out the sellers of those products. Especially look for the ones with lower feedback as they are probably game flippers themselves. See what else they are selling, and if the majority of their items are video games, make a note of their inventory list. Then start searching places for where to purchase the game. (Sears clearance, Target) You can get started by cross-referencing those inventory lists with the lists in the clearance threads in the Video Game Deals thread.

- Once you've got a list of possible flippables, check videogamepricecharts.com. I like to check that site, along with Amazon and Ebay to get a feel of what price the game is going for. Prices on Amazon are generally higher and I find that I can sell certain products at a higher price than on Ebay.

- Another nifty tip - set up a wishlist on online retailer websites once you have you own list of flippables. The one most likely everyone knows about is Gamestop.com, but there are others out there.

Good luck =)
If I'm not flamed or people like the advice, I'll post some more awesome tips later.

[quote name='trezzi'] Find a flippable that YOU know about on Amazon and Ebay and check out the sellers of those products............See what else they are selling, and if the majority of their items are video games, make a note of their inventory list.[/QUOTE]

I have a list of almost all known flippers from cag or lurkers of cag. I like those sellers that MATCH the lowest price and despise those that think lowest price always wins the sale, because it is NOT true.

[quote name='the_punisher']Hopefully this becomes a flip success, bought one for me and one for eBay, any ideas on a price? It cost $145 by itself =/

http://www.bemanistyle.com/djmaxfever/

No i'm not a bad person for buying two, some people bought 4 or 5, and can you really blame me? 125 IN THE WOLRD!
[/quote]

I think majority of the 125 were bought by flippers, so there is a possibility that the market will implode and sell at MSRP or lower.

[quote name='Doomstink']I think majority of the 125 were bought by flippers, so there is a possibility that the market will implode and sell at MSRP or lower.[/quote]
Even so...125 available in the world, and only in the US market was it sold?
I'm guessing if you ship overseas, you'll get triple the amount you payed!

I should have bit when I had the chance...:bomb:

[quote name='Doomstink']I think majority of the 125 were bought by flippers, so there is a possibility that the market will implode and sell at MSRP or lower.[/quote]

Also the fact that this is something that is relatively unknown. Your usual gamefan isn't going to know about it the 125 limited edition. Its not like the Mega Man NES Cartridge that Capcom released a while ago, etc. Especially where that was posted all over the net driving up the desire for it.

At least that is what I think. Of course it could just be hopeful thinking because I didn't get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back