flip top

I have no clue what you are talking about, but as soon as someone explains it I'm sure I will give a loud "oooohhh..."

Yes, but ther are two different types of fliptops, so make sure you get the right one. IIRC, the first is for version 1-7, and the second is for 8-10. Don't hold me to that though.

What is this tech level stuff you guys are talking about?

I have a first or second model PS2 and I installed a filptop with no problems, and everything works fine.

[quote name='Cracka']damn.. maybe we can team up to defeat the dark elf of dargonfel[/quote]

Hell yeah man! That SOB killed my brother! :twoguns:

ps2flipcover1.jpg

took me .17 seconds to find it. Use google my friend.

yes it will work with the older versions, as long as you get the correct version, and don't cut the ribbon cable for the power and reset buttons

[quote name='rawisjericho']What is this tech level stuff you guys are talking about?

I have a first or second model PS2 and I installed a filptop with no problems, and everything works fine.[/quote]

Well I hope you are a 4th level Magus with at least 2 skill points of excorcism training or you will be in a world of cup-holder demon trouble.

That is tight. Much better than the slide out tray that seems to make odd noises and occasionally get stuck. Don't the new ones open like that though?

[quote name='Oktoberfest']yes it will work with the older versions, as long as you get the correct version, and don't cut the ribbon cable for the power and reset buttons[/quote]

The bad thing is, I bet there are people out there that actually cut the ribbon.

[quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='Oktoberfest']yes it will work with the older versions, as long as you get the correct version, and don't cut the ribbon cable for the power and reset buttons[/quote]

The bad thing is, I bet there are people out there that actually cut the ribbon.[/quote]

I didn't cut mine, but I accidentally ripped it out messing around with it. I didn't really care though, because 99% of the time it would just say DISC READ ERROR, so I turned it into a paperweight. I like the newer versions of the old PS2. My V9 has a hidden ribbon cable and the power/reset buttoms are attached to the console itself and not the lid like the earlier models. I guess Sony just wanted to make it easier for us to mod our PS2s. :lol:

[quote name='btw1217'][quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='Oktoberfest']yes it will work with the older versions, as long as you get the correct version, and don't cut the ribbon cable for the power and reset buttons[/quote]

The bad thing is, I bet there are people out there that actually cut the ribbon.[/quote]

I didn't cut mine, but I accidentally ripped it out messing around with it. I didn't really care though, because 99% of the time it would just say DISC READ ERROR, so I turned it into a paperweight. I like the newer versions of the old PS2. My V9 has a hidden ribbon cable and the power/reset buttoms are attached to the console itself and not the lid like the earlier models. I guess Sony just wanted to make it easier for us to mod our PS2s. :lol:[/quote]

I have a V1 or V2 PS2. I hate that wire you have to tape to the inside of the case. It was a bitch to get it from hanging over the disc tray.

[quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='btw1217'][quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='Oktoberfest']yes it will work with the older versions, as long as you get the correct version, and don't cut the ribbon cable for the power and reset buttons[/quote]

I didn't cut mine, but I accidentally ripped it out messing around with it. I didn't really care though, because 99% of the time it would just say DISC READ ERROR, so I turned it into a paperweight. I like the newer versions of the old PS2. My V9 has a hidden ribbon cable and the power/reset buttoms are attached to the console itself and not the lid like the earlier models. I guess Sony just wanted to make it easier for us to mod our PS2s. :lol:[/quote]

I have a V1 or V2 PS2. I hate that wire you have to tape to the inside of the case. It was a bitch to get it from hanging over the disc tray.[/quote]

Oh man, I know. I had a V3, and I had to take it apart to clean the laser in hopes of getting rid of the DRE and that damn ribbon just got in the way. I got frustrated with it and just wedged it in somewhere and pinched it. After that, the lights on the buttons didn't always work.

bread's done
Back