Flower $4.99 on PSN - Today only!

For those who bought it does it stay in your download list? fl0w didn't which sucks because I hopped on a friends account who doesn't have a PS3 yet and started the DL so when they get the PS3 they can get it, only to find out it doesn't get added to the download list.

Since this is the follow up deal to fl0w I am a tiny bit hesitant, my only saving grace is since you have to pay money they need to keep it in your download list. But I want to make sure.

Ha, I was just playing this yesterday. This is seriously one of my favorite games of last year and I can't recommend it enough, especially for those that liked flOw. This game is a pure example of how gaming can be art.

Of course I'm not at home this weekend. Missed out on two great sales. I wish PSN had a way like the XB Marketplace where you could queue up your purchases away from the console. UGH

Man I bought this like a week and a half ago with some Amazon credit I had. It was worth the 9.99 I paid so this is a killer deal for anyone who hasn't played it yet! get this game!

Figure my post may have been lost since it's the last one on the first page. I would really like an answer. Thanks

For those who bought it does it stay in your download list? fl0w didn't which sucks because I hopped on a friends account who doesn't have a PS3 yet and started the DL so when they get the PS3 they can get it, only to find out it doesn't get added to the download list.

Since this is the follow up deal to fl0w I am a tiny bit hesitant, my only saving grace is since you have to pay money they need to keep it in your download list. But I want to make sure.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Figure my post may have been lost since it's the last one on the first page. I would really like an answer. Thanks

Since this is the follow up deal to fl0w I am a tiny bit hesitant, my only saving grace is since you have to pay money they need to keep it in your download list. But I want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

It will stay on your download list. Flow was just a special promotion.

[quote name='dizee']passing on this because i hate motion controls[/QUOTE]

Before I played this I would have agreed with you.

Man I really did wish this deal lasted for another day, it did come at an inconvenient time for me too as I can't really go out right now to buy the PSN cards.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']It will stay on your download list. Flow was just a special promotion.[/QUOTE]

even so, it should stay in your download history as everything else. just because it's fl0w and not a free guitar hero song doesn't mean it should be excluded from staying on ya downloads. I think it was a good promotion, but it should of stated that it wouldn't stay in your download list and it is a bit shady but oh well. I'm getting Flower now and I might regret it later, but better pay $4.99 instead of it's regular price later on and kick myself for not getting it while it's on sale..lol

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Still not sure if want...

I only say this because the motion controls for flow are meh at best.. or maybe I'm just retarded, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

flow is 2d and flower is 3d, I found the controls a bit weird for flow but I only played like 15 minutes. I'll have to get used to them. It's completely different with flower in a 3d space and I don't know of a game that uses six-axis even a fraction as well.

[quote name='shadou']I wonder if Amazon will price match this?[/QUOTE]

I just called Amazon as I am stuck with their $20 credit from a few months back when they price matched Best Buy and they said they will not match the price. So now they have screwed me twice on this game as they added the $20 credit to my Amazon account after the last sale of this game ended and now they will not match the actual PSN Network price.

[quote name='Owen']I just called Amazon as I am stuck with their $20 credit from a few months back when they price matched Best Buy and they said they will not match the price. So now they have screwed me twice on this game as they added the $20 credit to my Amazon account after the last sale of this game ended and now they will not match the actual PSN Network price.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't price match, not sure how they are screwing you. It's in there terms of service that they will not price match.

[quote name='dboy81']Gotta add this comment to the top narrow-minded things I have read on this site.[/QUOTE]

Because it is not common practice by the majority of men to not show emotions because they are feminine? oh wait.

[quote name='AoA']Flow...with a Vengeance![/QUOTE]

PMS!!!???

[quote name='intoxicated662']even so, it should stay in your download history as everything else. just because it's fl0w and not a free guitar hero song doesn't mean it should be excluded from staying on ya downloads. I think it was a good promotion, but it should of stated that it wouldn't stay in your download list and it is a bit shady but oh well. I'm getting Flower now and I might regret it later, but better pay $4.99 instead of it's regular price later on and kick myself for not getting it while it's on sale..lol[/QUOTE]
It was stated in the game's info. In fact, it was in bold.

[quote name='Vinny']I bought it last time it was $5 and can't say enough good things about this game. Granted, it's a very simple game and only lasts about 2-3 hours, but it was a fantastic experience.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to second this. If you at all have doubts, $5 is totally worth it.

I gotta say I was kinda meh for flow after screwing around with it for an hour or so. But flower is exponentially better.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I gotta saw I was kinda meh for flow after screwing around with it for an hour or so. But flower is exponentially better.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. After being really bored by flOw yesterday, I was surprised to see an opportunity to give flOwer a go so soon. Based on the hype I'd heard, I was prepared for it to be an "emotional experience". It's actually really well done!

Really good use of the motion controls, and extremely relaxing. I could easily see myself playing this after a stressful day. I think the "emotional" side of it is a bit reaching, but if you really want to read into things, the fact that you're "playing as the wind" and "bringing life back to the meadows" is fairly inspiring. It's definitely a good looking game too. And unlike flOw, it actually has a point and is pretty intuitive. Easily worth $5.

I bought flower about a year ago... I suppose it's not bad, but these days almost all PSN games don't seem worth the money to me since you can usually find a good PS2/PS1 game for the same price. It's certainly better than flow, which I found really uninteresting(good thing it was free!), but I dunno it just wasn't very captivating, great atomosphere though. I think I spent more time just listening to the music on the main screen than actually playing it.

Dammit, I'll have to buy this now. I have credit at Amazon's PSN store but it's still $10 there and I've been interested in this game...

WTF, just checked and it's $10

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back