Lord of the Rings collection BR $45

Star Wars Old Republic MMO $59.83

Zellers
Wii New Super Mario Bundle $149.99
DSi XL Midnight Blue with Mario vs. Donkey Kong Miniland Mayhem $169.99
BOGO 1/2 Price on Value Software $29.99 and under
BOGO 1/2 Price on DS value software $19.99 and under

Sears

50% off All regular priced videogame accessories & headphones; excludes Kinect Sensor.

Best Buy

XBOX 360 4GB Console and Kinect Bundle with free Just Dance 3 $299.99
XBOX 360 250GB Holiday Bundle $299.99
Kinect Disneyland $29.99
Dirt 3 $39.99
Cabela's Survival: Shadow of Katmai Bundle $59.99; Wii $39.99
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 with Top Shot Elite $59.99; Wii $39.99
PS3 160GB with Bonus choice of GOW 3 or LBP $249.99
PS3 Dual Shock and Dual Pack Bundle $59.99 (Dual Pack selection: Uncharted, God of War and Resistance)
Red Dead Redemption GOTY $39.99
LA Noire $39.99
WWE 12 $39.99
Goldeneye Reloaded $39.99

Dec 20.
Star Wars: The Old Republic $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the first 3 Pirates blu-rays but I've heard the 4th movie wasn't that good. I was already not thrilled with 2 and 3. Any opinions? No spoilers!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have the first 3 Pirates blu-rays but I've heard the 4th movie wasn't that good. I was already not thrilled with 2 and 3. Any opinions? No spoilers![/QUOTE]

I would definitely recommend against a purchase without having seeing it. I also have the first three but only really liked the first one (though the other two have their moments, particularly the second). I was not impressed at all with On Stranger Tides and will never watch it again. It's probably worth seeing once, I guess.

Zellers
Wii New Super Mario Bundle $149.99
DSi XL Midnight Blue with Mario vs. Donkey Kong Miniland Mayhem $169.99
BOGO 1/2 Price on Value Software $29.99 and under
BOGO 1/2 Price on DS value software $19.99 and under

Sears
50% off All regular priced videogame accessories & headphones; excludes Kinect Sensor.

Best Buy
XBOX 360 4GB Console and Kinect Bundle with free Just Dance 3 $299.99
XBOX 360 250GB Holiday Bundle $299.99
Kinect Disneyland $29.99
Dirt 3 $39.99
Cabela's Survival: Shadow of Katmai Bundle $59.99; Wii $39.99
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 with Top Shot Elite $59.99; Wii $39.99
PS3 160GB with Bonus choice of GOW 3 or LBP $249.99
PS3 Dual Shock and Dual Pack Bundle $59.99 (Dual Pack selection: Uncharted, God of War and Resistance)
Red Dead Redemption GOTY $39.99
LA Noire $39.99
WWE 12 $39.99
Goldeneye Reloaded $39.99
PSP 3000 system $129.99 Bonus choice 1 of 3 PSP Dual Pack games
Dec 20.
Star Wars: The Old Republic $59.99

[quote name='Derfel']I would definitely recommend against a purchase without having seeing it. I also have the first three but only really liked the first one (though the other two have their moments, particularly the second). I was not impressed at all with On Stranger Tides and will never watch it again. It's probably worth seeing once, I guess.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'll just rent it. I pretty much only bought 2 because at the time I was a new PS3 owner and there was a discount on it. I felt obligated to buy 3 because it's the second half of the story. I've really cut back on movie purchases in the last year or two.

Aw weak. I was pulling for a sale on PS3s. Something along the lines of $199 or below. Here's hoping to boxing day.

[quote name='retro.elite']Sears
50% off All regular priced videogame accessories & headphones; excludes Kinect Sensor.[/QUOTE]

Does that include PSN Cards?

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Fixed sigh...[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean any offense. Once I looked at the keyboard I knew right away it was the same mistake most of us make.

On the bright side you gave me a memorable name for a crappy game. Henceforth he shall be known as Dike!

[quote name='king_bronx']Are controllers included in that Sears deal?[/QUOTE]
The flyer shows the XBOX 360 controller. The deal is good until Sunday Dec 18.

[quote name='dotCody']Does that include PSN Cards?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, but I maybe MSP in clamshells or cardboard?

[quote name='Mr.']I doubt it, but I maybe MSP in clamshells or cardboard?[/QUOTE]

I've already bought 6 MSP cards on sale in the past month =\

I wonder what Zellers considers "value software". I wouldn't mind picking up a few Nintendo Selects titles if they were buy 1 get 1 half off but you never know with them.

As it turns out, Sears does not have wired 360 controllers, nor can I PM it elsewhere because the flyer only mentions "50% off" with no explicit price mentioned. fuck Sears lol.

[quote name='Eoyote']I wonder what Zellers considers "value software". I wouldn't mind picking up a few Nintendo Selects titles if they were buy 1 get 1 half off but you never know with them.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Only the really old titles with a certain sticker on them (blue with white letters or something) is considered to be 'value software', unless one of the NS titles happens to have them, which is doubtful. In other words, stuff they couldn't get rid of to begin with.

[quote name='No One']As it turns out, Sears does not have wired 360 controllers, nor can I PM it elsewhere because the flyer only mentions "50% off" with no explicit price mentioned. fuck Sears lol.[/QUOTE]
Too bad. :(

I managed to PM with FS for PS Move controllers. Now I just need some games to go with these paper weights...

[quote name='eep832000']do you guys have a link to the 50% off in sears?does it include the sony 7.1 headset?please help me find it :)[/QUOTE]

This is what I was hoping for as well, but they don't have it listed on their website.

I popped into a Sears today and the game section consisted of 2.5 racks of games and a couple controllers and a single set of cheap Turtle Beach headphones.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Cool, Pirates for $20. I was looking for that to come down a little in price to finish the collection.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have the first 3 Pirates blu-rays but I've heard the 4th movie wasn't that good. I was already not thrilled with 2 and 3. Any opinions? No spoilers![/QUOTE]
This is a better deal as it's $20 with 100 scene points and a free movie ticket: http://store.cineplex.com/store/htmlContent.jsp?contentType=Holiday-Action&cmpid=Holiday-Action

Use VISA4MOVIES for another 10% off

Popped into my local Sears; only thing that stood out was 50% off 12 months of XBL. I was hoping for another chance to get cheap point cards, but since they ditched the clamshell packaging and went with the universal giftcard format, they often don't go on sale / included. That $10 for 1400 RCSS did not too long ago was epic.

yea you guys are right, looks like they dont have the sony 7.1 headsets in sears..do you think futureshop will sell me the 7.1 headset for 50% off instead if i price match using that ad in the sears flyer?

[quote name='eep832000']yea you guys are right, looks like they dont have the sony 7.1 headsets in sears..do you think futureshop will sell me the 7.1 headset for 50% off instead if i price match using that ad in the sears flyer?[/QUOTE]
If the FS sales person is completely missing a brain or don't care then maybe.

When price-matching, the flyer is supposed to have a dollar value and they usually don't do % off matches. But you could get lucky... I believe somebody here price-match those Sony headsets using a TRU flyer the last time they had 50% off on all game accessories. Be warned that those headsets aren't great. I already had one where the right speaker died after just a week.

[quote name='No One']Does Sears carry wired 360 controllers? I need a new one for 360 and I want it to double for my PC too.[/QUOTE]

The two Sears I visited had slim pickings. They had a few black wireless 360 controllers, but none of the wired or the improved d-pad controller. No DualShocks or Moves either. I did manage to snag a 12-month Gold for $30.

( this is for a Specific Store In my city Halifax, Nova Scotia ) and this might go for others but YMMV but i came across one or Two copies of Mass Effect 2 on PS3 for $19.99 and i came across 2 PS3 Vanquishes for the same prince and this was at the Bayers Lake Walmart.

good news folks, i managed to price match the 50% off in futureshop..i got the sony headset for 50 bucks including tax..i dont think they really check because the employee just looked at the date on the flyer and that's it..you guys should try it too if you want a specific accessory

oh btw, i price matched mine in future shop heartland mississauga in case anyone wants to know..the sears deal ends tomorrow so you better hurry

At the moment FS has a 320G PS3 bundle for $250 with God of War III, Uncharted 3 & Metal Gear Solid 4.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=984f880327d81f2d732de26b88bc85d1en02
I was going to wait until boxing day to pick up a PS3 but I'm just wondering if this sale will be as good as they get before Boxing day or should I wait? I just have a couple gift cards I've never got around to using that I was thinking about using to purchase a PS3. Thanks for any heads up.

PS. Another question I had to go with this is the PS3 still worth picking up? The console was released in 2006 and I don't really want to pick one up if it's just going to be replaced within the next year.
PPS. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in.

[quote name='firehawk12']
I managed to PM with FS for PS Move controllers. Now I just need some games to go with these paper weights...[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that, I bought mine in Sept. 2010 and I'm still waiting for some games to go with them.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I may check Sears for a Wii Remote Plus.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but you just missed out... That particular Sears flyer was only good from the 16-18. You could try to pm but I'd say that it's severely YMMV.

[quote name='Rabid']Sorry but you just missed out... That particular Sears flyer was only good from the 16-18. You could try to pm but I'd say that it's severely YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Boo Sears. (And me; vacation playing tricks on my date perception...!) Oh well.

bread's done
Back