Buy a PS3 get $25 gift card
LBP 2 $29.99
Resistance 3 $49.99
Uncharted 3 $49.99
PS3 remote $14.99

RCSS (Onatrio)
No Tax sale Friday Dec 2 & Saturday Dec. 3rd

Toys R Us Dec 2nd - 8th From AndyTwobeats

Good deal on Nintendo games... too bad it's not the same deal for PS3/360 games -__-

http://i40.tinypic.com/28pdlw.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/wi82ee.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/8x77tw.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/35lai4g.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2v864w5.jpg

Best Buy

3DS with $40 gift card $169.99
Mario Kart 7 $39.99

Some EA Games $49.99
Battlefield 3
Need for speed: The Run
NHL 12
Madden 12

320GB PS3 with Uncharted 3 & Socom 4 $299.99

New PS3 controller and games for PS3 $59.99
God of war origins collection with red controller
Uncharted 1 &2 with blue controller
Resistance 1 &2 with black controller

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Princess Zelda']
Killzone 3 $19.83
[/QUOTE]

Yeesh, this is why I try not buying Sony games on release.

[quote name='kathos']Yeesh, this is why I try not buying Sony games on release.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel about pretty much any game released..

[quote name='Princess Zelda']That's why I traded in Uncharted 3 to Best Buy for $45 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I hate trading games though. Not entirely because of the stigma attached, but also because it always feels so hit or miss as to whether you'll get a good value back. And I have such a backlog combined with a busier schedule that it's near impossible to finish a game in under a few weeks. Even short ones.

[quote name='king_bronx']Is KZ3 good? Moreover: Is it a game I need to play it's predecessors to get?[/QUOTE]

yes and yes.

Does Real Canadian Superstore price match off of webpage print-outs?
[quote name='king_bronx']Is KZ3 good? Moreover: Is it a game I need to play it's predecessors to get?[/QUOTE]

Hell no and no.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']That's why I traded in Uncharted 3 to Best Buy for $45 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to get $45 for Uncharted 3? tivs.ca says its worth $30.

[quote name='CoachHines']How did you manage to get $45 for Uncharted 3? tivs.ca says its worth $30.[/QUOTE]

tivs.ca is out-dated and contains incorrect trade-in-values.

[quote name='CoachHines']How did you manage to get $45 for Uncharted 3? tivs.ca says its worth $30.[/QUOTE]

It was $35 but they had a promo pre-order with select trad in games and get an extra $10. I used the promo to get $45 and put $10 on Mass Effect 3. Promo is the third one on the bottom. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/categor...spx?path=027ce7b7b66bcc928aa3fc63a5f42296en01
I was so disappointed in Uncharted 3 but very happy to get my money back I spent on it.

I bought KZ3 on release date and traded it in the next day if that tells you anything. Mistake only cost me $15.

To each is own I guess...I guess the "no and no" are in the 16% group because it has a 84% metacritic score.

the first time I played the MP in KZ3 i thought it was terrible, but I didn't throw in the towel and I am glad I didn't because it ended up being the game I played the most this year. The SP portion of the game is your standard FPS over the top hollywood movie and the MP (which is still fairly alive BTW) was addictive and fun.

[quote name='JamesX']To each is own I guess...I guess the "no and no" are in the 16% group because it has a 84% metacritic score.

the first time I played the MP in KZ3 i thought it was terrible, but I didn't throw in the towel and I am glad I didn't because it ended up being the game I played the most this year. The SP portion of the game is your standard FPS over the top hollywood movie and the MP (which is still fairly alive BTW) was addictive and fun.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to pass. I'm not really into playing MP that much, and if the SP is just your run of the mill FPS then I don't need another game in my backlog.

Trading in Uncharted 3? That's a crime against humanity!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Trading in Uncharted 3? That's a crime against humanity![/QUOTE]

Meh. I haven't played 3, but based on 1+2, it's a solid experience with little replayability.

lets see no taxes at Superstore and Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 ( not sure what i want more but i want both but would only get one ) should i go for it ? OR should i wait till Boxing Day Sales and hope it's cheaper ?

i'm in no hurry but those are 2 titles i want and don't have yet.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']lets see no taxes at Superstore and Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 ( not sure what i want more but i want both but would only get one ) should i go for it ? OR should i wait till Boxing Day Sales and hope it's cheaper ?

i'm in no hurry but those are 2 titles i want and don't have yet.[/QUOTE]

Wait. Always wait.

[quote name='king_bronx']I think I'm going to pass. I'm not really into playing MP that much, and if the SP is just your run of the mill FPS then I don't need another game in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

The campaign is stellar and easily my favourite of the entire series. Worth the $20 alone IMO. Although I won't lead you on - there aren't any Helghast Symbols or Enemy Intel to pick up in this one like KZ2. The challenge and replay mainly comes from the trophies this game has.

If you love this trailer:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QdydrzwdM0[/media]

Then you'll really like the game.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Trading in Uncharted 3? That's a crime against humanity![/QUOTE]
Uncharted 3 was a disappointment. I just wanted my money back. The campaign is short just wait for a price drop.

How long is U3? I'm going to trade it to FS for $50, but I haven't even opened it yet. I'm thinking of just blowing through the campaign, even though I love the multiplayer.

[quote name='CrushEm']Not sure if it was reported elsewhere. EBGames has by 2 points cards (XBL & PSN) get $5 off.[/QUOTE]
Is that get $5 off EACH card or just $5 off the total?

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Uncharted 3 was a disappointment. I just wanted my money back. The campaign is short just wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly disagree! Personally, I preferred the UC3 campaign to the UC2 campaign. I simply loved the 2nd level (to keep it spoiler free, "the museum level") and the level after the cargo plane crashes. These levels may only be rivaled by the return to Tenzin's village in UC2, if at all.

Additionally, the MP is AWESOME. Best non-FPS MP on consoles. Actually, IMO, this MP is second only to Halo.

It took me 8 hours to beat it and that includes getting stuck in the bad combat spots then having to try it over and over again and getting lost a few times.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It took me 8 hours to beat it and that includes getting stuck in the bad combat spots then having to try it over and over again and getting lost a few times.[/QUOTE]

The
pirate
part? That was the worst part of the game for me... pretty much pointless also.

Yes, that part and the ending bothered me. I was hoping for a epic ending and
instead got a cut scene and a first fight.

Took me around the same, 8-ish. I would agree with the ending being a little disappointing, but I much preferred UC3's boss battle to UC2's, with the resin. Oh, the resin.

Final cut scene was great though, wasn't it? :S

Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get a Wii Motion Plus? I want to get Zelda but I'm not willing to pay $75+tx for it even if it is zelda.

[quote name='Rabid']Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get a Wii Motion Plus? I want to get Zelda but I'm not willing to pay $75+tx for it even if it is zelda.[/QUOTE]

Buying a used Wiimote plus attachment is likely the cheapest way. $19.99 from EBgames / Gamestop. But looking at the price, consider picking up the CE for Zelda. You're not saving much and the Wiimote that comes with Zelda has the Motion Plus built in.

The device itself is much more balanced than a Wiimote with the attachment plugged in and if you're thinking of buying a WiiU that'll continue to use the Wiimote, having one with Motion Plus built in will probably be nice.

[quote name='EvilMario']Buying a used Wiimote plus attachment is likely the cheapest way. $19.99 from EBgames / Gamestop. But looking at the price, consider picking up the CE for Zelda. You're not saving much and the Wiimote that comes with Zelda has the Motion Plus built in.

The device itself is much more balanced than a Wiimote with the attachment plugged in and if you're thinking of buying a WiiU that'll continue to use the Wiimote, having one with Motion Plus built in will probably be nice.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I would definitely love the CE but availability seems to be an issue. Hopefully I can find one.

Uncharted 3 blew my mind on several occasions. I played on Hard, took about 8.5 hrs and loved every minute of it. I'll go back and beat it on Crushing for sure when I get through some of these other games I haven't finished.

[quote name='rkenshin']Couldn't you just return your unopened copy since the holiday return dates are in effect?[/QUOTE]

I could, but I ordered them from FS via the E3 thing so trading them in would get me an extra ~$5 (due to tax). Plus, I still want to play U3. I really enjoyed the multiplayer beta and even went to the States just for the Subway multiplayer beta.

Anyone got any news on if theres gonna be any deals for the Best Buy private shopper thing going down tomorrow? I think its for reward zone fellas and such.

bread's done
Back