Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Princess Zelda']

RCSS West

Limit 2 per customer
1400 MS points $14.99
2800 MS points $24.99
12 month xbox live $49.99
[/QUOTE]

The limit of two should hopefully solve some of the hoarding problems.

So, is it just bad math on my part, or is anybody really going to go for the 1400 point cards instead of the 2800?

Edit: Just looked at my local flyer, and can confirm the same sales for RCSS in the east.

My local store said a guy came in and bought all the points cards they got in last time. I'm glad they added the limit this time.

Agreed. Limits need to be put in place for sales like these. I was unable to get a single card during the last sale, but, as luck may have it, a friendly CAG sold me a card at a fair price.

[quote name='Apollo Creed']Agreed. Limits need to be put in place for sales like these. I was unable to get a single card during the last sale, but, as luck may have it, a friendly CAG sold me a card at a fair price.[/QUOTE]

Well, at least my local RCSS was willing to give out rain cheques. That actually worked in my favour because I was able to get the point cards during a tax-free weekend.

Speaking of which, my local flyer (east) says that Saturday, December 10th is a tax-free day. Not sure about any other locations though.

[quote name='dotCody']Pre-Paid cards are supposed to be tax-free, anyways.[/QUOTE]

Those with a cash value, sure... don't think that applies to "points" and other such cards, however...

[quote name='Zeitgeist']Isn't there a grocery chain that has the same deals as RCSS?[/QUOTE]

I think extra foods has the same parent company. But I'm not sure if they have the same deals. I hope so because I don't have a RCSS where I am currently.

Maybe someone else can confirm this

[quote name='SickBoy']Those with a cash value, sure... don't think that applies to "points" and other such cards, however...[/QUOTE]

They have the cash value right on them. I have yet to buy MS Points and be charged tax on them. Same with XBL Gold 12-Months and PSN Cards.

[quote name='dotCody']They have the cash value right on them. I have yet to buy MS Points and be charged tax on them. Same with XBL Gold 12-Months and PSN Cards.[/QUOTE]

Then your retailer is doing it wrong. Tax should be levied at point of sale, because Microsoft sure as hell isn't doing it.

[quote name='SickBoy']Then your retailer is doing it wrong. Tax should be levied at point of sale, because Microsoft sure as hell isn't doing it.[/QUOTE]

You get charged tax on the points in the clam shell packaging. The cards and cardboard points do not have tax on them.

Cardboard ones do -- the ones with the peel-off tab, IIRC (from last Superstore sale)... but yeah, I was just going to post that it looks like sometimes tax isn't charged based on a quick web search. Should be, though... wonder who's eating the price difference... or if it's a case of skating past Revenue Canada.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Select Kinect titles 50% off
Once upon a Monster
Dance Central 2
Wipeout
Sports Kinect[/QUOTE]

Is that $25 for Dance Central 2? Or is there some catch like you have to buy a Kinect in order to save $25?

the flyer says $20 after saving, so those titles are $20 each

seems like a good deal, not as good as US blackfriday ($15), but good enough for me :D

[quote name='strife18']I think extra foods has the same parent company. But I'm not sure if they have the same deals. I hope so because I don't have a RCSS where I am currently.

Maybe someone else can confirm this[/QUOTE]

Yes it's the same parent. I'd think it's unlikely to run the same promo though, they're separate chains run in the same regions afaik. And they do stuff like that to give stores different pricing structures and make a false sense of competition.

Just print off the flyer from somewhere (it should be on their site at least) and go to FS/BB/WM and pricematch.

Worth noting, RCSS (at least here) is also doing a 50% off the bargain bin ($7, $12, and $15 games). Not much of any interest in there, but I did see:

DS - Hotel Dusk - $3.50
Wii - a boy and his blob - $7.50
PS3 - Bayonetta - $6

And some other older games.

Picked up a 2800 for me and a friend at the Oakville store (still had quite a bit of stock of both). Thanks RCSS for 2/customer limits, and as always thanks Zelda for the weekly flyers!

[quote name='Mr.']Is that $25 for Dance Central 2? Or is there some catch like you have to buy a Kinect in order to save $25?[/QUOTE]
No catch. It is on sale for $25.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']the flyer says $20 after saving, so those titles are $20 each

seems like a good deal, not as good as US blackfriday ($15), but good enough for me :D[/QUOTE]
The flyer says "From" $20.
Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2 and Wipeout are on sale for $25.

The Kanata RCSS had lots of 2800 & 1400 cards. I thanked the staff for the limit and bought 2 2800 cards. Bring on the Christmas xbox live sales and Skyrim, Gears 3 and Batman DLC.

Scored Dance Central 2 for $25. Also picked up 2x2800 cards and got the Lady Gaga pack. I gotta practice for the Christmas party.

PM'ed Kinect Sports Season Two, Dance Central 2 and Once Upon a Monster at FS for $53 + tax. Fantastic deal!

EDIT: I just noticed my Dance Central 2 includes a bonus 240 MSP code; this is stated right on the front of the case at the bottom. I don't know if they're all like that, but keep an eye out if you're picking up one of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Derfel']PM'ed Kinect Sports Season Two, Dance Central 2 and Once Upon a Monster at FS for $53 + tax. Fantastic deal!

EDIT: I just noticed my Dance Central 2 includes a bonus 240 MSP code; this is stated right on the front of the case at the bottom. I don't know if they're all like that, but keep an eye out if you're picking up one of these.[/QUOTE]

$53 + tax? Someone's math is a little suspect even at 50% off and 10% of the difference lol...lucky you. All of the Dance central 2's have a 240 points card. It's basically so you can download one song for free but, you can use it on anything. If you pre-ordered you got a 400point card (+ the 240 point card) so the import of the original dance central songs was free.

[quote name='Rastafari']$53 + tax? Someone's math is a little suspect even at 50% off and 10% of the difference lol...lucky you. All of the Dance central 2's have a 240 points card. It's basically so you can download one song for free but, you can use it on anything. If you pre-ordered you got a 400point card (+ the 240 point card) so the import of the original dance central songs was free.[/QUOTE]

I printed off the price from the Superstore website, where it simply says "$20 after savings." Therefore:

Kinect Sports Season 2 - $39.99 regular price, comes out to $20 - $2.

Dance Central 2 - $49.99 regular price, comes out to $20 - $3.

Once Upon a Monster - $39.99 regular price, comes out to $20 - $2.

And so, $18 + $17 + $18 = $53 before tax.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']
DS - Hotel Dusk - $3.50[/QUOTE]

That is worth noting, indeed.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The Kanata RCSS had lots of 2800 & 1400 cards. I thanked the staff for the limit and bought 2 2800 cards. Bring on the Christmas xbox live sales and Skyrim, Gears 3 and Batman DLC.[/QUOTE]

Does the Kanata RCSS have any good cheap games for PS3?

[quote name='Derfel']I printed off the price from the Superstore website, where it simply says "$20 after savings." Therefore:

Kinect Sports Season 2 - $39.99 regular price, comes out to $20 - $2.

Dance Central 2 - $49.99 regular price, comes out to $20 - $3.

Once Upon a Monster - $39.99 regular price, comes out to $20 - $2.

And so, $18 + $17 + $18 = $53 before tax.[/QUOTE]

Awwww great prices! I got Kinect Sports Season 2 for $18 and Dance Central 2 for $22.50. They saw the $20 but pointed out that it said "from" so thrwated from getting a better price. Still I am happy it wasn't $49.99 lol.

[quote name='Rastafari']Awwww great prices! I got Kinect Sports Season 2 for $18 and Dance Central 2 for $22.50. They saw the $20 but pointed out that it said "from" so thrwated from getting a better price. Still I am happy it wasn't $49.99 lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, are you in Ontario? Apparently the wording is different there (other provinces didn't say "from"). Still a hot deal for very recent games either way, I definitely wouldn't feel too bad. :)

[quote name='king_bronx']Does the Kanata RCSS have any good cheap games for PS3?[/QUOTE]

I think there was 3 or 4 nothing of note.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I think there was 3 or 4 nothing of note.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for saving me a long bus ride.

Didn't know where to post this, didn't think it needed it's own thread. Deus Ex: HR is $29.99 at ebgames now for 360/ps3. "Limited time". Decent price for a decent game!

bread's done
Back