Flyers July 15-21 A thread that turned into a discussion on Red Dead [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Walmart

Call Of Jaarez: The Cartel $47 after July 21st $59.83
Captain America Super soldier $47 after July 21st $59.83
Red Dead Redemption $19.83

Xbox live Market place has the Undead Nightmare Collection on sale for 1000MS points. Today is the last day. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...5a7d99c-7764-40aa-985a-47038ed79d95?cid=SLink

Summer video game blow out $15 each shows:
Resident Evil 5
GTA IV
Lego Star Wars complet Saga
Lego Batman DS

Future Shop

Need for speed Hot Pursuit $29.99
Dead Space 2 $29.99

PS3 Move plastic gun and Navigation controller $39.99 Save $30

Best Buy

$39.99 Games Save $20:
DA II
Shift 2
Hunted
Alice
Shadows of the Damned
Brink

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure whether to pick up that Captain America game. Gameplay trailers sort of look like Batman: Arkham Asylum'ish which I enjoyed playing. Anyone else picking it up?

[quote name='Hyunkel']Is that a good price for Red Dead? Or does it usually go on sale for less?[/QUOTE]

It's the lowest I've seen ... and it's pretty tempting.

[quote name='Hyunkel']Is that a good price for Red Dead? Or does it usually go on sale for less?[/QUOTE]

$59.99 on the 18th of May, 2010 was a great price for the game aswell. RDR is a brilliant game, no matter what price you pay for it.

[quote name='onemorechanc']It's the lowest I've seen ... and it's pretty tempting.[/QUOTE]

Worth it. One of the best rockstar games to date, and the dlc is on sale now!

[quote name='onemorechanc']It's the lowest I've seen ... and it's pretty tempting.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to seem like a prick, but what price are you waiting for exactly? I'm all about getting good deals, but some of the folks on this site give the impression that they won't buy a game that costs more than $10. To each their own, I just find it... interesting.

To answer the question above regarding RDR @ $20: BUY IT. Well worth the $60 I paid for it on release day. The only reason not to own it would be if you don't like Rockstar games.

[quote name='adayinthelife']I don't want to seem like a prick, but what price are you waiting for exactly? I'm all about getting good deals, but some of the folks on this site give the impression that they won't buy a game that costs more than $10. To each their own, I just find it... interesting.

To answer the question above regarding RDR @ $20: BUY IT. Well worth the $60 I paid for it on release day. The only reason not to own it would be if you don't like Rockstar games.[/QUOTE]

On the first point, I've fallen victim to that myself sometimes. You see games go down in price points so fast that it's almost hard to justify buying at anything above the lowest price. Decent games like Crackdown 2, Bioshock 2, and Vanquish for 9.99 make it harder to want to buy anything above that, in case it eventually drops that low too.

That being said, I bought RDR brand new on release and had no regrets. Like PZ said, great story, great setting and one of my favorite endings to a game ever.

FS had RDR + RDR Undead Nightmare for 39 a while back. I figured that was 20 a game, so I picked up both.

My favourite current gen console games, by far. 19 is a great price if you haven't played it already.

[quote name='CrushEm']Not sure whether to pick up that Captain America game. Gameplay trailers sort of look like Batman: Arkham Asylum'ish which I enjoyed playing. Anyone else picking it up?[/QUOTE]

I probably will pick it up but, I might wait a month. The regular price for Captain America is actually $49.99 (it's a sega game). So if the flyer says $59.83 is Wal-mart's regular price that's artifical inflation on their part. The Thor game came out at $49.99 everywhere at the beginning of may and was on sale for $19.99 this week at futureshop. $2 savings is not worth it.

[quote name='VetraX']$59.99 on the 18th of May, 2010 was a great price for the game aswell. RDR is a brilliant game, no matter what price you pay for it.[/QUOTE]
100% agree.

To answer the question above regarding RDR @ $20: BUY IT. Well worth the $60 I paid for it on release day. The only reason not to own it would be if you don't like Rockstar games.[/QUOTE]

I don't really like Rockstar games like GTA, but I loved RDR, $20 is a steal.

[quote name='jeffx']Chances are there'll be a "compilation" disc of RDR.... right? GOTY-style.[/QUOTE]

It's been over a year from the original release date. You'd think they would have made one by now. But knowing Rockstar, it's probably coming...

I would have paid $100 for Red Dead Redemption on release. In my opinion the greatest game of all time in terms of combination of setting, story, depth, quality, script, characters, etc, etc. It's the total package.

[quote name='AftComet']I would have paid $100 for Red Dead Redemption on release. In my opinion the greatest game of all time in terms of combination of setting, story, depth, quality, script, characters, etc, etc. It's the total package.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the gorgeous environments and fantastic weather effects. And the muscle modeling on the horses! Gets me every time.

[quote name='Derfel']Not to mention the gorgeous environments and fantastic weather effects. And the muscle modeling on the horses! Gets me every time.[/QUOTE]

Hm... Now i'm starting to get tempted... but backlog ._.

[quote name='Faytz']Hm... Now i'm starting to get tempted... but backlog ._.[/QUOTE]
RDR at $20 is a no-brainer, get it for sure. I don't know if Undead DLC is on sale now but grab that too if it is.

[quote name='Derfel']And the muscle modeling on the horses![/QUOTE] Oh yes, I skin my horse everytime it decides to run off a cliff.

[quote name='Mr.']Oh yes, I skin my horse everytime it decides to run off a cliff.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I meant more the way the muscles flex as the horse runs. The first time I saw that I was just blown away.

[quote name='Faytz']Hm... Now i'm starting to get tempted... but backlog ._.[/QUOTE]

If you do decide to grab it (and you should), make sure to get the superior 360 version. The PS3 port is lacking in a number of areas.

[quote name='Derfel']Not to mention the gorgeous environments and fantastic weather effects. And the muscle modeling on the horses! Gets me every time.[/QUOTE]

Muscle modelling enhanced by some of the best animation (in my opinion) in a video game.

I'm surprised some people haven't bought Red Dead Redemption yet. It's the best game of 2010 by a huge margin. So much you can do in that game. I spent hours alone playing Texas Hold 'Em Up.

[quote name='Derfel']If you do decide to grab it (and you should), make sure to get the superior 360 version. The PS3 port is lacking in a number of areas.[/QUOTE]
Sadly true, as with all Rage engine games. :cry:

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'm surprised some people haven't bought Red Dead Redemption yet. It's the best game of 2010 by a huge margin. So much you can do in that game. I spent hours alone playing Texas Hold 'Em Up.[/QUOTE]

This I have to disagree with; I'll take Mass Effect 2 over Red Dead Redemption in 2010. Or Galaxy 2. But top three, definitely. Regardless, it's an amazing game that should absolutely be played.

true that i completely disagree with the sentiment to buy the standalone game were this late why not just wait for the "complete" edition thats due to come especially with a backlog... but if have absolutely nothing to do nothing to play then sure go ahead pick it up but if you arent going to touch it dont bother :D play more sc2 ok?

[quote name='Derfel']This I have to disagree with; I'll take Mass Effect 2 over Red Dead Redemption in 2010. Or Galaxy 2. But top three, definitely. Regardless, it's an amazing game that should absolutely be played.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Heavy Rain, Dead Rising 2, Super Meat Boy, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Monster Hunter Tri, Vanquish, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and so on...some might even put Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in that mix now that I think of it, well, think of the games that atleast stood out on the online multiplayer end.

Tons of great games last year.

[quote name='Andyg88']Muscle modelling enhanced by some of the best animation (in my opinion) in a video game.[/QUOTE]

This is probably the main reason why I would buy it, it sounds... interesting and I always liked horses.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'm surprised some people haven't bought Red Dead Redemption yet. It's the best game of 2010 by a huge margin. So much you can do in that game. I spent hours alone playing Texas Hold 'Em Up.[/QUOTE]

I did buy it, but i never played it, my brothers enjoyed it quite a bit but I wasn't around when they played it and stuff.... I'm much more into niche rpgs...

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']true that i completely disagree with the sentiment to buy the standalone game were this late why not just wait for the "complete" edition thats due to come especially with a backlog... but if have absolutely nothing to do nothing to play then sure go ahead pick it up but if you arent going to touch it dont bother :D play more sc2 ok?[/QUOTE]

I think this is what I'll do, knowing rockstar they do remake games, it's much easier having one disc instead of two and no downloading etc...

[quote name='VetraX']Don't forget Heavy Rain, Dead Rising 2, Super Meat Boy, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Monster Hunter Tri, Vanquish, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and so on...some might even put Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in that mix now that I think of it, well, think of the games that atleast stood out on the online multiplayer end.

Tons of great games last year.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised to see Enslaved on that list. I liked it well enough, don't get me wrong, but I dont think it compares to some of the others on the list.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I'm surprised to see Enslaved on that list. I liked it well enough, don't get me wrong, but I dont think it compares to some of the others on the list.[/QUOTE]

I put it there mainly for it's production value. Andy Serkis' mo-cap and voice acting, on top of the other actors. Great script. Also it had a very compelling tale, and one with an ending that I'll never quite forget - everyone I know who's played it always seems to comment on how great and unique the ending is. It's one of the best plot twists this gen has had to offer IMHO.

Would also say that the gameplay isn't bad either. A good amount of variation aswell separating it from the hack n slash battle system. When it comes down to it the characters are superb - Monkey, Trip, and Pigsy.

It also has a good amount of replay value if you cared to plat it. Which I did.

[quote name='Derfel']If you do decide to grab it (and you should), make sure to get the superior 360 version. The PS3 port is lacking in a number of areas.[/QUOTE]

All of which are subtle, none of which are game breaking.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']All of which are subtle, none of which are game breaking.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, if one has both systems, and both versions are the same price, then why not get the better version? The 360 version is worth it for the frame rate and resolution alone.

[quote name='VetraX']I put it there mainly for it's production value. Andy Serkis' mo-cap and voice acting, on top of the other actors. Great script. Also it had a very compelling tale, and one with an ending that I'll never quite forget - everyone I know who's played it always seems to comment on how great and unique the ending is. It's one of the best plot twists this gen has had to offer IMHO.

Would also say that the gameplay isn't bad either. A good amount of variation aswell separating it from the hack n slash battle system. When it comes down to it the characters are superb - Monkey, Trip, and Pigsy.

It also has a good amount of replay value if you cared to plat it. Which I did.[/QUOTE]

I played until chapter 9, and then idiotically erased my save. I never got to finish it, which really bummed me out. :(

Future Shop

Trade 2 games, get it free:
Call of Juarez - The Cartel $59.99 (PS3/360) $49.99 (PC)
Captain America $49.99 (PS3/360)

250 GB Xbox 360 w/ Bioshock 2 $299.99
Tiger Woods Playstation Move Bundle (Tiger woods PGA 12) $99.99
Playstation Move Sharpshooter and Playstation Move Navigation Controller $39.99

SOCOM 4 $49.99
Killzone 3 $49.99
PS3 Bluetooth Headset $19.99

Crysis 2 $39.99 (PS3/360)
Tiger woods PGA tour 12 $39.99 (PS3/360)

Dead space 2 $29.99 (PS3/360)
Need for speed Hot Pursuit $29.99 (PS3/360)

Best Buy

250 GB Xbox 360 w/ Gears of War Triple Pack $299.99
Call of Juarez - The Cartel $59.99 (PS3/360)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 $49.99 (PS3/360/WII) $29.99 DS
Lego Harry Potter Years 1 - 4 $29.99 (PS3/360/WII)
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller $59.99 or buy 2 and save $20

160 GB Playstation 3 w/ Uncharted 1 $299.99
Playstation Move Bundle $79.99
LA Noire $59.99 (PS3/360)
Driving Force GT for PS2 and PS3 $129.99

$49.99 Each
Little Big Planet 2
Killzone 3
SOCOM 4
Gran Turismo 5

$39.99 Each
Dragon Age 2
(PS3/360)
Shift 2 Unleashed (PS3/360)
Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PS3/360)
Alice 2 Madness Returns (PS3/360)
Shadows of the Damned (PS3/360)
Brink (PS3/360)

[quote name='True Kronic']Anyone know if RE5 @ Walmart for $15 is the Gold Edition? I need a reason to use my Move controllers.[/QUOTE]

It shows the regular edition on the flyer

Any trade-ins deal at BB next week Princess? Thanks

Also, good stuff on Call of Juarez, will buy and return to EB with PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the Walmart flyer and they are selling some Smurf games (The smurfs Dance Party and The Smurfs) for $27.83 for the wii and DS respectively. Apparently, these games are exclusive to Walmart only

bread's done
Back