Flyers June 11th-17th [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Walmart

PSP MGS Bundle $199
100 greatest books $19.83 I read through the list and was surprised how many I've wanted to read for a while.
The rest is just regular priced stuff.

ToysRUs

PSP bundle Lilac (Hannah Montana bundle) $99.99 Save $50 in store only!
Mod Nation racers PSP bundle with a free $20 gift card $169.99
2 for $30 PSP greatest Hits, pic shows the new ones added.
2 for $30 all DS $19.99 games
Save $10 on these DS game: Wario ware DYI, Legend of Starfy the rest is just licensed games
DSi with Sonic Racing $179.99
DS Lite with $20 gift card $139.99
Save $20 when you purchse 2 of these 360 accessories: 12 months live, Controller, Wirless N or Chat Pad. Points cards are not shown.
360 Arcade with a free Prince of Persia 2008 $199.99
Nunchuck 1/2 price when purchased with Wii remote or Wii remote with With motion plus.

Shoppers' Drug Mart

White/Black Wii Bundle (both with wii motion plus and wii resort), $199.99
Nintendo DSi, $149.99

2 days only, receive a $20 gas gift card for a $75+ purchase

- - - - -

Taken from RFD:

Future Shop:

PS3 Slim 250GB + GoW Collection/GT4 Prologue Bundle - $349.99
PSP Core + ModNation Racers Bundle - $149.99
Mag or White Knight Chronicles PS3 - (save $20) - $39.99
God of War III + DualShock 3 Controller (save $25) - $89.99
Trade 5 Games - get PSP Core + ModNation Racers + MGS: PW

Best Buy:

PS3 Greatest Hits - 2/$40
PSP Core + ModNation Racers Bundle - $149.99
Buy God of War III ($59.99) and get a PS3 GH for Free
PS3 Slim 250GB + Uncharted 2 - $349.99
Buy XBOX 360 Arcade and get Fable II for Free

- - - - -

For the Hannah Montana PSP, you can price match it at FutureShop for an extra $10 off since they're selling it for $199.99.

That book...game actually sounds pretty cool. My DS hinge is floppy too; a good way to approximate the spine of a book :D

War and Peace sounds like one hell of a challenge, though. I've tried reading it a few times...couldn't get into it.

It's kind of neat, but at the same time it's essentially paying Nintendo for collecting 100 public domain works for you... a lot of these are downloadable in formats readable by anyone with a smartphone or (soon) iPod Touch.

Forgot to add, Future Shop is also doing trade 2 games get GOW3 and Controller bundle. Which is a pretty sweet deal depending on the list of eligible titles.

One hell of a week for Movie deals!

Futureshop:
T1 for Bourne Trilogy Blu Rays (on sale for $39.99...$50 off)
T1 for Family Guy V.8 ($39.99) or American Dad v.5 ($34.99)

BLU RAYS
$7.99
Stargate
Crank
Reservoir Dogs*
Universal Soldier

$9.99
Dark City
Gangs of New York
Day The Earth Stood Still
X-Men Origins Wolverine

$14.99
Weeds Season 1, Season 2
District 9*
Moon*
Zombieland*
Black Dynamite

Best Buy

DVDs
Sherlock Holmes $16.99
Ninja Assassin $16.99
Amelia $12.99
Whip It $12.99
The Hurt Locker $12.99**** --> Although I think the Blu Ray is still worth it at $30
Precious $12.99*

BLU RAY DEALS
$9.99
Taken*
Valkyrie
Day The Earth Stood Still
Fight Club*
Good the Bad the Ugly
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Quantum of Solace

$14.99
Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs
District 9*
X-Men Origins Wolverine
Angels and Demons
Zombieland*

*=Recommended, completely and totally worth it at these prices!

I might be saying goodbye to a few games to add some of these to my collection...

Bourne Trilogy Deal is smoking hot, I really hope the list of eligible titles has Madden on it...

another week of no game purchasing...my wallet is happy

all I'll possibly be getting is Zombieland on DVD for $14...such an awesome movie

Good no purchasing this week unlike last week with those Xbox Points cards being on sale.

Funny that Toys R Us has the same deal with the Wii Motion Plus/Nunchuck being 1/2 price as last week.

Hey Azu, are those BR deals ACTUALLY deals, or just being advertised? If I can grab them for the same price in a month I might wait. I won't be buying any games, either. Even the 2/$40 doesn't seem enticing with those games being ~500 points each on Goozex. I just need a Goozex points sale soon!

woooow books on ds tho :(? i guess ppl with dsi xl are happy but can you really enjoy reading on a ndsl as much lol?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']woooow books on ds tho :(? i guess ppl with dsi xl are happy but can you really enjoy reading on a ndsl as much lol?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not... I know people who read on their IPod Touch...

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Walmart

PSP MGS Bundle $199
100 greatest books $19.83 I read through the list and was surprised how many I've wanted to read for a while.
The rest is just regular priced stuff.

ToysRUs

PSP bundle Lilac (Hannah Montana bundle) $99.99 Save $50 in store only!
Mod Nation racers PSP bundle with a free $20 gift card $169.99
2 for $30 PSP greatest Hits, pic shows the new ones added.
2 for $30 all DS $19.99 games
Save $10 on these DS game: Wario ware DYI, Legend of Starfy the rest is just licensed games
DSi with Sonic Racing $179.99
DS Lite with $20 gift card $139.99
Save $20 when you purchse 2 of these 360 accessories: 12 months live, Controller, Wirless N or Chat Pad. Points cards are not shown.
360 Arcade with a free Prince of Persia 2008 $199.99
Nunchuck 1/2 price when purchased with Wii remote or Wii remote with With motion plus.[/QUOTE]

Wow, isn't that a ridiculous price for a psp?

[quote name='telepathy']Wow, isn't that a ridiculous price for a psp?[/QUOTE]

It's a good price... if you don't mind using a purple PSP. Hey at least it's not pink.

[quote name='Corizzle']It's a good price... if you don't mind using a purple PSP. Hey at least it's not pink.[/QUOTE]

Is it that hard to replace the casing? Sure the warranty would be void... but most people who own PSPs don't seem to mind that.

Anyone know what kind of finish is on the lilac PSP? It looks matte and kinda sparkly like the silver one? I can't stand my piano black glossy PSP2000, smudges everywhere. Also, what's the best deal I can get for my old PSP2000 if I decided to upgrade?

[quote name='ejamer']Is it that hard to replace the casing? Sure the warranty would be void... but most people who own PSPs don't seem to mind that.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a 3000 PSP model but I got the PSP 1000 model. I have opened my PSP though before to once replace the face plate which failed. But to open up the front is not difficult at all. It is just the back which is a bit more tricky because of the UMD slot and stuff. I would recommend watching a video on Youtube prior to doing anything.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Try to argue this: latest GS flyer shows FIFA World Cup 2010 at $44.99 for the PS3/360 versions. Obviously a price error.

http://www.gamestop.ca/gs/weeklyad/default.aspx[/QUOTE]

Gamestop makes a lot of price errors it seems. They put up Fallout New Vegas for the PC for $29.99 and it was up for over 12hrs I think or around there. If the price error is in the flyer though and you print it and take it to the store they have to honor the price (or they should out of good customer service). It is a printing error and it is their mistake.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Anyone know what kind of finish is on the lilac PSP? It looks matte and kinda sparkly like the silver one?[/QUOTE]

It's glossy. Since it's a lighter colour, the smudges won't show up as badly, but the finish is identical to the PSP-2000.

The sparkles are underneath the finish.

[quote name='WillGabriel']It's glossy. Since it's a lighter colour, the smudges won't show up as badly, but the finish is identical to the PSP-2000.

The sparkles are underneath the finish.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that's still an improvement I suppose. Does anyone know if the 3000s have been as prone to dead pixels as the 2000s were? Off topic, I know.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Thanks, that's still an improvement I suppose. Does anyone know if the 3000s have been as prone to dead pixels as the 2000s were? Off topic, I know.[/QUOTE]

There were a lot of dead pixels on launch day PSP 1000 models (I got a 1000 model with a dead pixel in the corner but it shows up only during certain colors) the issue with the PSP 3000 is the interlacing on the screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSP_3000#Hardware_issues

You can just google about it for more information. Also the PSP 3000 feels cheaper then the PSP 1000 but I think the D-Pad is better on the PSP 3000 model.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Forgot to add, Future Shop is also doing trade 2 games get GOW3 and Controller bundle. Which is a pretty sweet deal depending on the list of eligible titles.[/QUOTE]
In this deal, do you get GoWIII and the controller new? Or are they used too?

Wooooow. Just had a terrible price matching experience at FS with that PSP. I'll paste what I just wrote out at RFD, here's what happened:

I've never seen a store fight a price match so hard in my life. I went to Futureshop service desk and asked for the match, showed her the website print-out. She said ok but she has to call the closest Toys R Us and make sure it's in stock. Then as she was trying to find the number this big guy notices the huge price difference and says "Oh that's probably after a bunch of trade-ins." I said no, it's just a sale. He goes "Oh Hannah Montana? We don't have that anymore." I show him the one I'm holding in my hand. Then he and 2 other girls gather around the first girl and all 4 of them go over the fine print on the Toys R Us ad with a fine tooth comb and come up with the excuse that because it says "While supplies last" that it doesn't fall under their price match policy. I said WTF and they wouldn't back down, so I just went to Toys R Us and bought it for the $100.

So I asked the guy at Toys R Us what their return policy was on dead pixels, he says even if it's right out of the box it's the manufacturer's responsibility. He said even if the machine doesn't work at all out of the box it's not their problem. They'd only take it back if it was still sealed (and then he put extra tape around all the seams,) although he says the extended warranty was $25, and do I want it. I asked if that covered dead pixels and he says No. I took the gamble and bought one and tested the screen in the car, no bad pixels. The pinky purple color isn't bad at all, I like it.

Okay.... quick question about FS trade ins. I went in today to trade Uncharted 1 for the Bourne Trilogy, and it would have traded in for $10, which is over the $9 minimum trade value - so I figured it would be no problem. He grabbed the flyer and stated that there was a list with specific games that worked for the trade in, so he opened the site and the game wasn't on that list. The flyer states that $9+ work for trade ins, but it also does state the list on the website... which is far more limited in options. Does anyone know how it's supposed to work with the Bourne Trilogy?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Wooooow. Just had a terrible price matching experience at FS with that PSP. I'll paste what I just wrote out at RFD, here's what happened:[/QUOTE]

Wow terrible story there. I went to the Futureshop at Yonge & Shepard a couple of years ago when Guitar Hero 3 (with Guitar) was on sale at Wal Mart for $39.99. It was sold out at Wal Mart so I went to Futureshop and showed the guy the flyer and he got me the set. He then said "A lot of people have been coming today to buy GH3 bundle and I don't know why."

Honestly, what a load of garbage though. Futureshop says they will match the price then they unload a pile of BS on you. Glad you got the PSP in the end though.

PSP 3000s do not have issues with dead pixels it is the interlacing screen which is the biggest issue. Enjoy your new PSP.

Yeah, I just played an hour of Peace Walker and never noticed the interlacing effect. You can see it on the XMB if you look for it, and in videos when there's horizontal movement with a light colored shape on a darker background. It's really not too bad and the improved image far outweighs the lines in my opinion. I'm really happy with the 3000 and going to (try to) sell my 2000 now. Kijiji deleted my ad cause I mentioned that it had custom firmware on it. Reworded the ad so hopefully they don't jump on me again. Kind of BS cause there are ads on there by guys offering to install custom firmware and all kinds of stuff.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah, I just played an hour of Peace Walker and never noticed the interlacing effect. You can see it on the XMB if you look for it, and in videos when there's horizontal movement with a light colored shape on a darker background. It's really not too bad and the improved image far outweighs the lines in my opinion. I'm really happy with the 3000 and going to (try to) sell my 2000 now. Kijiji deleted my ad cause I mentioned that it had custom firmware on it. Reworded the ad so hopefully they don't jump on me again. Kind of BS cause there are ads on there by guys offering to install custom firmware and all kinds of stuff.[/QUOTE]

That stuff always happens like people on Youtube put up Red Dead Redemption footage and it is kept up but yet others put it up and their videos get pulled down and get a copyright strike against them.

I have only played a PSP 3000 in the stores so I do not know much about the interlacing but I read it mostly takes place on darker screens. It is a small price to pay I think though to get the brightness level available which will let you see your PSP in direct sunlight.

[quote name='Canuck']In this deal, do you get GoWIII and the controller new? Or are they used too?[/QUOTE]

Yes you get both new. I don't think you can even get any used controllers at FS anyways. I was going to trade in my copy of GOW3 and another game so I could get a new controller. Wonder if they would look at me weird? :)

[quote name='Pavel6969']Yes you get both new. I don't think you can even get any used controllers at FS anyways. I was going to trade in my copy of GOW3 and another game so I could get a new controller. Wonder if they would look at me weird? :)[/QUOTE]

They've removed GoW3 from the eligible list.. probably too many people doing what you suggest.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Yes you get both new. I don't think you can even get any used controllers at FS anyways. I was going to trade in my copy of GOW3 and another game so I could get a new controller. Wonder if they would look at me weird? :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the confirmation. Heading out to pick that up along with a PS3 today! :)

Nice, I just sold my old PSP2000 for $110 and the Hannah Montana memory stick for another $20 to this guy from Kijiji. I had 5 responses to my ad overnight and only one of them tried to talk the price down. Then I went to Game Centre and sold the two Hannah Montana UMDs for $6 cash, would have been $8 trade but they didn't have anything good. So in the end after selling the accessories I got the Lilac system for $89 after tax, and then made $110 off the old one to more than cover the new purchase. Cheap ass'd!

And then I pulled another cheap ass move and picked up Chinatown Wars at Rogers Plus for 50% off of $40 and then $10 off of that from my 20 star reward points = $11.29 after tax.

BTW, Chinatown Wars PSP is $20 new at Game Centre on Danforth (Toronto.) They were selling LBP PSP for $36 used, wouldn't believe me when I told them that it was now a greatest hit and $20 new everywhere.

Just a heads up that XBL Points Cards DO count as part of TRU's promotion on Xbox accessories. I got two 1400 cards for $22.59, essentially buy one get one free.

[quote name='Heartless18']Just a heads up that XBL Points Cards DO count as part of TRU's promotion on Xbox accessories. I got two 1400 cards for $22.59, essentially buy one get one free.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...I bought two-2800 points cards for $31.49 each. I'll see if I can snag those cards at my local TrU tomorrow, if I can I'll probably just return the one's I bought from FS, or just throw them on CAG.

bread's done
Back