Flyers May 7th-13th Lost planet 2 is $40 [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Future Shop

Xbox 360 Special Edition Final Fantasy 13 Super Elite Bundle with Fable 2 $349.99
Lost Planet 2 $59.99
Nier $59.99
God of War 3 $59.99
Dragon Age Origins $49.99
Army of Two: The 40th Day $49.99
Dante's Inferno $49.99
Halo 3 ODST $39.99
COD 4 MW $39.99
COD MW 2 $49.99
Assassins Creed 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction $79.99 package Xbox 360
World of Warcraft with Expansion WOW Burning Crusade $24.99 package
World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King $39.99
Starcraft Battle Chest $19.99

DSi with Boogie and Jillian Michaels Pocket Trainer 2010 $179.99
PSP 3000 with Motorstorm Arctic Edge and Seth MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy UMD $169.99
Picross 3D $19.99
America's Test Kitchen $19.99
Wario Ware DIY $34.99
Buzz Movie Quiz, Loco Roco 2, Patapon 2. Pixel Junk Monsters DX $9.99

Don't know if the Ubisoft package is only with the Xbox 360 AC2

Best Buy

Lost Planet 2 $59.99
Skate 3 $69.99
3X the reward Zone points and if you buy both save $20

PSP core with FF: Dissidia $169.99
2 for 30 PSP games GOW:CoO, Socom, Rachet.
Fat Princess PSP $19.99
Pixel Junk Monster PSP $9.99
Loco Roco 2 $9.99
Buzz Master Quiz $9.99
Dante's Inferno 360/PS3 $49.99
Dragon Age 360/PS3 $49.99
Army of Two 360/PS3 $49.99
Picross 3D (Demo on the Wii) $19.99

WOW Litch King $34.99
WOW battle chest $34.99
Star Craft Battle Chest $14.99
Star Crafts II get a $5 gift Card and beta code

RCSS (Ontario)

Nothing

Walmart

Lost Planet 2 $39.83
Skate 3 $69.83
Bioshock 2 $49.83 PC $39.96
COD MW 2 $49.83
COD 4 $39.83
COD WAW $39.83
Halo ODST $49.83
EA Active $49.83
EA Active more work outs $29.83
PS3 250 GB with inFamous and Batman AA $349

Zellers

Greatest Hit pack with controller $49.99 Save $10 Rachet, GT5 P, Uncharted
GOW III $49.99 Save $10
Avartar PS3 $19.99

Saturday & Sunday Only
Buy 2 get 1 free PSP, PS2, PS3 games under $30
save 50% off PS3 Mortorstorm 2, Resistance 2, NHL2K9 Reg. $19.99-$59.99

Also it's Mothers Day on Sunday ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']is sale on for ps3 lostplanet2?[/QUOTE]

The flyer shows the 360 version, but I'm 99% sure it'll be both consoles..

[quote name='TripleQ']The flyer shows the 360 version, but I'm 99% sure it'll be both consoles..[/QUOTE]

Its always been... I've bought Borderlands, Dragon Age, and Just Cause 2 all for $40 at walmart for the PS3 when the flyer only showed 360.

I think I actually want the PS3 version also. My 360 red-ringed for the 4th time last week and I'm starting to get a little annoyed at not being able to play my huge backlog of games.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Walmart
PS3 250 GB with inFamous and Batman AA $349

Zellers
Saturday & Sunday Only
Buy 2 get 1 free PSP, PS2, PS3 games under $30
save 50% off PS3 Mortorstorm 2, Resistance 2, NHL2K9 Reg. $19.99-$59.99

Also it's Mothers Day on Sunday ;)[/QUOTE]

This PS3 bundle sounds pretty decent. The Zellers deal would sound decent if a) Zellers wasn't such a gongshow with the way they sometimes run their sales b) there was decent stock.

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']is sale on for ps3 lostplanet2?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TripleQ']The flyer shows the 360 version, but I'm 99% sure it'll be both consoles..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Its always been... I've bought Borderlands, Dragon Age, and Just Cause 2 all for $40 at walmart for the PS3 when the flyer only showed 360.[/QUOTE]

Last time Walmart had MUA2 on sale, the flyer only showed the 360 version and item number, so I'd say YMMV depending on the flyer and how anal they want to be. True about Borderlands, and I think Batman AA was the same, so it won't hurt to try I suppose

Happy Cinqo de Mayo and Happy Mother's Day!

I wonder if you can use the 50% discount and the buy 2 get 1 free? Get infamous, motorstorm 2 and another greatest hit for 60 bucks. Seems like a good deal to me.

Interesting the bad reviews are all from the large chain like IGN and GamePro.
Maybe due to the lack of marketing effort paid to the big guys?

Pacific rift is $60 at zellers still, so the sale just equals reg price elsewhere. DIdn't have nhl 2k9, they have NHL 08 for $30...idiots

The $10 PSP games in BB flyer are already $10 and have been for a week or more, plus others. Pangya golf and ?

BB has cut the used price on a lot of gmaes. If I didn't know of goozex Id be impressed. eg darksiders and mario sluggers they just took in on the trade deals are $30. Logans shadow $5 (think they are really new ones that have been there since used game started). A lot of the used ones lower then they have been, still not outstanding to a deal seeker

Here is Futureshop flyer

Xbox 360 Special Edition Final Fantasy 13 Super Elite Bundle with Fable 2 $349.99
Lost Planet 2 $59.99
Nier $59.99
God of War 3 $59.99
Dragon Age Origins $49.99
Army of Two: The 40th Day $49.99
Dante's Inferno $49.99

Halo 3 ODST $39.99
COD 4 MW $39.99
COD MW 2 $49.99
Assassins Creed 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction $79.99 package Xbox 360
World of Warcraft with Expansion WOW Burning Crusade $24.99 package
World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King $39.99
Starcraft Battle Chest $19.99

DSi with Boogie and Jillian Michaels Pocket Trainer 2010 $179.99
PSP 3000 with Motorstorm Arctic Edge and
Seth MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy UMD $169.99
Picross 3D $19.99
America's Test Kitchen $19.99
Wario Ware DIY $34.99
Buzz Movie Quiz, Loco Roco 2, Patapon 2. Pixel Junk Monsters DX $9.99

Don't know if the Ubisoft package is only with the Xbox 360 AC2

I don't have any interest in Lost Planet 2 and never did. If Red Dead Redemption is $40 at Wal Mart then I will buy it. Otherwise, I will pass and rent it during the summer. I am going to be renting Alan Wake first anyways.

Oh, and the sales kind of suck this week compared to last week.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I don't have any interest in Lost Planet 2 and never did. If Red Dead Redemption is $40 at Wal Mart then I will buy it. [/QUOTE]

It's 60 at amazon.com with a 20 back giftcard. If you want to mail it to a friend in the US/Goomba.

[quote name='vegi-saurus']Just checked online pricing and it is $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. I just saw it, too. I have a feeling everybody is going to price-match this game eventually.

I was hoping for a deal on 3 Dot Game Heroes but no dice. Maybe when those Super Saver coupons arrive I can buy the game from Microplay for less.

completely off topic, i just realized there was a bonus artbook with magna carta 2 preorders, was this in canada too? This completely fell under my radar, darn.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']completely off topic, i just realized there was a bonus artbook with magna carta 2 preorders, was this in canada too? This completely fell under my radar, darn.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's the only reason I bought the game at launch (I haven't even opened the game yet).

[quote name='PuppetYuber']after watching gametrailer's review, i think i will still pick up LP2[/QUOTE]
Their review still says it's a really good game (especially if you like wonton killing and exploding alien bugs and everything but you) that could use some more polishing. If you're finicky about stupid ally ai, design based on coop, and having 'story', well you shouldn't really be interested in this to begin with. :p

tl;dr: Get this if you loved Earth Defense Force.

[quote name='Kill Phil']Yup. It's the only reason I bought the game at launch (I haven't even opened the game yet).[/QUOTE]

grrrrrrrr. thx

[quote name='PuppetYuber']i am getting lost planet 2 just for co-op wont be playing solo[/QUOTE]

Same. I haven't bothered looking at the game until now so I was kind of surprised how heavily it focused on co-op, especially since I just finished up the first game. The game seems completely different than its predecessor; it looks like Lost Planet: Monster Hunter Edition. Single player looks like an afterthought; something they put together over their lunch break. Maybe that's why the reviews are so negative compared to the first game (too lazy to read them, lol)?

Worst case scenario (if I really hate it), I can always trade it on Goozex.

yup, i remember when people were complaining how there isn't a game that is based solely on co-op. now that there is a game out, all reviews bash this game lol. quite amusing.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']yup, i remember when people were complaining how there isn't a game that is based solely on co-op. now that there is a game out, all reviews bash this game lol. quite amusing.[/QUOTE]
resident evil 5

notice how both games are from capcom? i am sure they know this game will succeed just because it is a co-op based game.

RE5 was playable with just one player, since the AI is more than competent. However according to gametrailer, the AI in lost planet 2 is useless lol

$59.99 - $69.99 i might hestitate to purchase, but with t2g1 and $40 price tag, it is a no brainer :D

[quote name='PuppetYuber']notice how both games are from capcom? i am sure they know this game will succeed just because it is a co-op based game.
RE5 was playable with just one player, since the AI is more than competent. However according to gametrailer, the AI in lost planet 2 is useless lol

$59.99 - $69.99 i might hestitate to purchase, but with t2g1 and $40 price tag, it is a no brainer :D[/QUOTE]

I would beg to differ on that. I played the beginning of RE5 by myself (this is minus the demo) and she was doing alright. However, later my friend wanted to play RE5 with me online and we got near the end and then he had to go. Well once he left I tried to play with the AI again but couldn't stand it. I had to go online and play with a random person.

Shiva is a useless stupid AI who likes to waste her ammo and if she dies you die. I don't mind co-op in a game but it should have been optional in RE5.

Also for anybody interested Dell has Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $54.99CDN.

[quote name='darkandlong']Dell has it for $36 w/ free shipping. http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...l.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A3686384[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Rastafari']Thanks darkandlong...not only for making me say "darkandlong" but, I saved $4 over my amazon.ca pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Dammit. I caved. Curse the both of you!
This is one of the reasons I need to stay away from the boards.

The backlog ... it ... just ... keeps ... getting ... bigger. :bomb:

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I would beg to differ on that. I played the beginning of RE5 by myself (this is minus the demo) and she was doing alright. However, later my friend wanted to play RE5 with me online and we got near the end and then he had to go. Well once he left I tried to play with the AI again but couldn't stand it. I had to go online and play with a random person.

Shiva is a useless stupid AI who likes to waste her ammo and if she dies you die. I don't mind co-op in a game but it should have been optional in RE5.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I'm playing RE5 right now. The AI is ok on the Amateur setting, but I'm on my Pro playthrough and the AI is completely inept. Playing as Chris is mandatory, if you play as Sheva you'll constantly notice the bigger/taller Chris walking in front of you as you're trying to aim & shoot :roll: The best way to manage the AI is to give it a useless machine gun and loads of first-aid sprays...

Hmm. Lost Planet 2 for $40 is kind of tempting, but then again I still haven't finished the first one yet and it was one of the first games I bought with my 360. I just couldn't get used to the control scheme. So if the control scheme is as bad as it's sounding for #2, I think I'll pass.

Also, kind of OT, but does anyone know if Zellers will be getting the black Wii in? Best Buy etc. have it listed as releasing May 9, 2010, but I have $110 worth of HBC points I've been waiting to use towards a Wii. I know I could just get a regular white one, but to me the black is far more appealing.

I was very tempted to grab LP2 at that price but I read the reviews and it seems to have all the design flaws that the original had (horribly slow recovery animations, unresponsive and sluggish controls, weapons lacking OOMPH) The first LP was enjoyable at first with the great graphics but prolonged amounts of game time revealed the flaws of the game.

With that said, I'll be picking up a PS3 controller + Uncharted, thats a great price and I'll probably be able to sell UC for a reasonable amount once I'm done with it.

[quote name='Pajo']so are those good prices to finally give in to the World of Warcraft?[/QUOTE]

If you've gone this long without trying it, I would not advise you to try it now. Your life will thank you.

[quote name='Jucifer']If you've gone this long without trying it, I would not advise you to try it now. Your life will thank you.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I just started playing WoW recently and I'm finding it pretty manageable. Perhaps if you have a particularly addictive personality then it might be advisable to avoid it... but it doesn't seem like much of a social obstacle to me.

oh dang who actually picked lp2! thoughts?!
re5 was def worth the $$ i just wished i waited for the gold freee dlc :(
single player was def beatable on normal/vet fine would be very very frustrating on pro
pro you just gotta get a buddy you will cry on that ch2-3 boss on pro i did lol one of only level infinite rpgs wont help you
well to keep from going nuts in pro from most other parts just use infinite ammo rpgs are best choice lol gotta beat game in less than 5 hrs to unlock it
lol if you want beat game with less struggle loot 3-1 rpg stash rpgs so you can kill bosses in like 1-2 shots all but 2-3 boss that you gotta shoot him down with gun turret

[quote name='Jucifer']If you've gone this long without trying it, I would not advise you to try it now. Your life will thank you.[/QUOTE]

adictive side-effects aside, is it a good price to take the plunge lol

[quote name='Pajo']adictive side-effects aside, is it a good price to take the plunge lol[/QUOTE]

IIRC, the Battlechest has Burning Crusade which is about $30 by itself, and Lich King released at $50. I think the client itself is free (just pay the subscription fee) so I suppose it depends on how much you value the expansions.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I think the client itself is free (just pay the subscription fee) so I suppose it depends on how much you value the expansions.[/QUOTE]

You can use the client for free for 10 days, but you do have to buy a CD key to play longer than that. It's an extra $5 on top of a month's subscription, I think.

Don't play WoW. Trust me. Youthink you won't get addicted but the game is setup in a way that keeps you playing and paying.

bread's done
Back