Flyers October 14th-20th [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Walmart

Batman Arkham City $59.99 bonus Batman Arkham Asylum Free 360 or PS3 tempting..
Batman Year One Blu RayR $22.93
Rocksmith bundle $199.99 Game $79.83

Board Games $10
Pictureka
Cuponk

Hotwheels $1

Toys R Us from AndyTwobeats

Kinect game buy 1 save 15% buy 2 Save 20% Buy 3 save 25%
160GB PS3 with Lego Baman $249.99
Wii Sports bundle with Lego Star Wars $129.97

RCSS Ontario

Pokemon Black or White $24.99
Batman AC $59.99 (Animated Batman skin)
PS3 greatest Hits & controller bundle $39.99 save $20
4GB 360 with kinect and $50 gift card $299.99

Kraft Peanut Butter $2.88 (The price is increasing due to peanut shortages this year, stock up on this sale price)

Best Buy

Batman AC $59.99 Robin skin CE $99.99 Free T-Shirt first 25 people
320 GB PS3 with inFamous 2 and Batman AC $299.99

Madden $49.99
Spider-Man $49.99
X-Men $49.99
Kinctimals $49.99

250 GB 360 with Splinter Cell Gears Triple pack $299.99

Pre orde and get 800RZ points
Battlefield 3
NFS The Run
Uncharted 3
COD MW3

Future Shop

Batman AC $59.99 Robin skin CE $99.99 Trade in 2 $10 towards AC: Revelations
Midnight open bonus Batman Begins with Batman AC
320 GB PS3 with inFamous 2 and Batman AC $299.99
Batman Blu Ray's $9.99

Spider-Man $49.99
X-Men $49.99
EA gold 12 move bundle $79.99
Sims 3 $29.99
Battlefield 3 steel book with pre-order $59.99
250 GB 360 with Splinter Cell Bioshock 2 $299.99

EB Games
weeklyad_october14b.jpg

weeklyad_october14a2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really have a choice as the OC Transpo has screwed up my ability to travel anywhere by bus. I'll go to Wal-Mart on October 18 on foot for Arkham City. I don't think anybody will have a better deal. I live about 1 km away from the Wal-Mart on Baseline Road.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Is it mandatory to play Asylum before City? I have the GoTY Edition in my backlog.[/QUOTE]Story-wise I doubt it'll be necessary but AA is so good that you should've played it already.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Is it mandatory to play Asylum before City? I have the GoTY Edition in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest you move it to the top of your backlog and play through it before AC. It's such a great game and it doesn't take that long to play through.

AA was great, but I was let down by what I felt was a short length. I thought they should have let you remain in the game after beating it and keep all the areas full of bad guys so you could mess around with them. Getting it for free is a major no-brainer.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']AA was great, but I was let down by what I felt was a short length. I thought they should have let you remain in the game after beating it and keep all the areas full of bad guys so you could mess around with them. Getting it for free is a major no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

If you wanted to beat up bad guys then Challenge mode is where it's at.

Don't think there is much else to do if you beat the game unless you missed Riddler trophies or other collectibles.

Batman: Year One had me excited right up until I found out it was some guy from The OC doing Batman's voice instead of Kevin Conroy.

Pass.

I hope Wal-Mart will allow me to buy Arkham City for the PS3 and get the 360 version of Arkham Asylum as my bonus. I'd like to give the prequel as a gift to my nephew, who has a 360. We have this weird tradition where on my niece's birthday, we have to give gifts to the nephew as well.

Knowing Wal-Mart, they probably won't allow it but we'll see come Tuesday morning.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I hope Wal-Mart will allow me to buy Arkham City for the PS3 and get the 360 version of Arkham Asylum as my bonus. I'd like to give the prequel as a gift to my nephew, who has a 360. We have this weird tradition where on my niece's birthday, we have to give gifts to the nephew as well.

Knowing Wal-Mart, they probably won't allow it but we'll see come Tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]

try...the worst you lose is walking 1km going and 1km back, which won't hurt you :booty:

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Kraft Peanut Butter $2.88 (The price is increasing due to peanut shortages this year, stock up on this sale price)[/QUOTE]

The 1 kg kind? A couple weeks ago, Food Basic$ had them for $1.99. I price-matched a couple from Walmart.

Now that I've discovered Tides of Destiny (Wii) is MSRP $39.99, I have to choose between it and one of two Kirby titles. ;_;

[quote name='EvilMario']Now that I've discovered Tides of Destiny (Wii) is MSRP $39.99, I have to choose between it and one of two Kirby titles. ;_;[/QUOTE]
Kirby will always be around; Rune Factory will eventually disappear.

Tho the PS3 version is only 10 bucks more. :p

[quote name='poiuiu']Kirby will always be around; Rune Factory will eventually disappear.

Tho the PS3 version is only 10 bucks more. :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EvilMario']Now that I've discovered Tides of Destiny (Wii) is MSRP $39.99, I have to choose between it and one of two Kirby titles. ;_;[/QUOTE]

Wow I didn'tk now they were coming out with this game, thanks got it ordered.

That Best Buy 320g PS3 w/ Infamous 2 has Batman Arkham City, correct? (Not an AA misprint?)...also, when will it be up, its not up now on website, so the day AC comes out? And finally, does Future Shop honour bonus games in bundles?

I was scrolling down really quickly and I thought for a minute that the Assassin's Creed came with a hidden blade.

I'd buy that.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I hope Wal-Mart will allow me to buy Arkham City for the PS3 and get the 360 version of Arkham Asylum as my bonus. I'd like to give the prequel as a gift to my nephew, who has a 360. We have this weird tradition where on my niece's birthday, we have to give gifts to the nephew as well.

Knowing Wal-Mart, they probably won't allow it but we'll see come Tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]

The games are bundled together by system. I think your out of luck to get them separate.

Hey, anybody know if the collectible Steelbook cases that Futureshop is offering from online orders come separate from the regular edition?

As in, whether Xbox 360 players will get the regular green DVD case in addition to the Steelbook case?

[EDIT: I now realize this is probably not the best thread to post this in; just saw the "pre-order goodies" thread. But if anyone in here knows the answer, please help! :]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Griptor']Hey, anybody know if the collectible Steelbook cases that Futureshop is offering from online orders come separate from the regular edition?

As in, whether Xbox 360 players will get the regular green DVD case in addition to the Steelbook case?

[EDIT: I now realize this is probably not the best thread to post this in; just saw the "pre-order goodies" thread. But if anyone in here knows the answer, please help! :][/QUOTE]

This was the case with Gears 3, I received a sealed game with a separate sealed steelbook.

I don't suppose anybody got an extra Joker's Carnival challenge map code for PS3, did they?

I didn't get one with my preorder. :(

[quote name='djsaiyan']I don't suppose anybody got an extra Joker's Carnival challenge map code for PS3, did they?

I didn't get one with my preorder. :([/QUOTE]

did you preorder online ? I preordered from gamestop website and still waiting for Batman AC pre-order bonus

[quote name='djsaiyan']I don't suppose anybody got an extra Joker's Carnival challenge map code for PS3, did they?

I didn't get one with my preorder. :([/QUOTE]

You should e-mail the place you bought / preordered from to see if you can get one.

I was in a similar situation for Gears of War 3. I e-mailed Bestbuy when I didn't receive a DLC code for Mechanical Baird. Unfortunately, they told me to email them back 2 weeks later because they said the vendor would send the codes to them separately. When I e-mailed them back the 2nd time, they told me they were all out of the code (as well as the Gears Tuque that I was supposed to get too), but they did give me $10 in digital dollars for my next online order.

Tons of Batman AC/AA dual packs at the Marlborough Mall Calgary location. Should last a few days I reckon.

Advice: Do NOT remove the 'Not For Individual Sale' stickers on the back of each copy. They have a very sticky adhesive. I tried it out first on AA, not wanting to damage AC, and now I'm forced to use rubbing alcohol to keep the damage I've done to a minimum. Just gonna keep it on AC, can't be bothered.

Yeah I just called, they didn't get them til this morning.

Guess I better go put pants on. Siiiiiiiiiigh.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The games are bundled together by system. I think your out of luck to get them separate.[/QUOTE]

You were right. Oh well. I don't think Lucas is ready to play Batman yet.

I'm more baffled that the Baseline Road Wal-Mart always has somebody who probably knows zero about electronics manning that counter. The old guy who probably speaks English as a 4th language and was wearing some religious headpiece was manning the counter once again. I guess the answer is this: you go to Wal-Mart if you know 100% what you want. Go elsewhere if you need advice.

Of course, Wal-Mart hires mostly people who toe the company line and do what they are told.

[quote name='dancrane212']This was the case with Gears 3, I received a sealed game with a separate sealed steelbook.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

As it turns out no, they didn't get the Joker maps in at all.

There was a manufacturing error with the Arkham City Collector's Editions. Some of them are actually missing ALL of the codes. Catwoman, Dark Knight Returns Skin (aka Fatman), Penguin map, and the Gamestop exclusive Joker's Carnival map.

I was lucky and was only missing the Joker map.

Anyways, they opened a regular copy and gave me the code. Cause they love me. :D

I mean, I did show up at the midnight launch in a Batman costume. That's gotta score you some points, right?

[quote name='dancrane212']This was the case with Gears 3, I received a sealed game with a separate sealed steelbook.[/QUOTE]

I was at the midnight launch at FS in Bayers Lake. First in line as well. and i got a Steel Case separate from the game ( didn't pre-order ) they asked if i wanted and i had to get it. it looks really nice

[quote name='VetraX']Tons of Batman AC/AA dual packs at the Marlborough Mall Calgary location. Should last a few days I reckon.

Advice: Do NOT remove the 'Not For Individual Sale' stickers on the back of each copy. They have a very sticky adhesive. I tried it out first on AA, not wanting to damage AC, and now I'm forced to use rubbing alcohol to keep the damage I've done to a minimum. Just gonna keep it on AC, can't be bothered.[/QUOTE]
TONS left at Northland WM as well. I saw at least 15+ for the Xbox. Not sure on the the PS3 though. This was around 3 PM or so.

[quote name='djsaiyan']There was a manufacturing error with the Arkham City Collector's Editions. Some of them are actually missing ALL of the codes. Catwoman, Dark Knight Returns Skin (aka Fatman), Penguin map, and the Gamestop exclusive Joker's Carnival map. [/QUOTE]

There's a DKR skin for this game? Definitely worth the price of admission!

My Collectors edition for batman hasn't shipped yet from bestbuy. But I'm in no hurry. Just wondering if anyone knew if the collector edition of batman got offer the 800reward points, cause I don't remember and knowing best buy they won't do it automatically unless I asked.

[quote name='djsaiyan']There was a manufacturing error with the Arkham City Collector's Editions. Some of them are actually missing ALL of the codes. Catwoman, Dark Knight Returns Skin (aka Fatman), Penguin map, and the Gamestop exclusive Joker's Carnival map.
[/QUOTE]
I didn't buy Arkham City yet but maybe when they issue a solution I'll be able to pose as a CE owner and request a Catwoman code for use if I buy the game used :roll:, is this bad ? it worked back when there was a problem with Fable 2 CE.

bread's done
Back