Flyers-Walmart 3DS $198 July 29th-August 4th [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Walmart (Quebec) (Flyer starts July 26th in Quebec)

3DS $198

Duke Nukem: Forever $39
Phineas & Ferb Wii $39

Rio Blu Ray $27.93 with CD soundtrack

Link to the Qubec flyer the 3DS is on page 8

Future Shop

4gb Xbox 360/Kinect Bundle w/Bioshock 2 - $299
Lego Harry Potter - $19.99 (Wii/360/PS3)

$29.99
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
MX vs. ATV: Alive (360/PS3)
GTA IV: Complete Edition (360/PS3)

$39.99 (360/PS3)
WWE Allstars
Homefront
Brink
Duke Nukem Forever
Hunted: The Demons Forge
Mortal Kombat

$49.99
F.E.A.R. 3 (360/PS3/PC)
Transformers: DOTM (360/PS3)
Child of Eden (360)

Nintendo 3DS - $249.99 (With bonus case)
Pac-Man Galaga Dimensions - $29.99 (3DS)
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D - $29.99

Harry Potter : TDHP2 (360/PS3) - $49.99 + Free Harry Potter Blu Ray Combo, 6 movies to choose from.

Preorder Bonuses:

Gears of war 3 (360) - $59.99 - Bonus curb stomp first aid kit
Madden 12 - $59.99 - In-game all star team
Driver San Fransisco - $59.99 - In-game Aston Martin DB5 car
NHL 12 - $59.99 - In-game goalie boost
Resistance 3 (PS3) - Save $10 When you purchase the Resistance 1 & 2 pack ($39.99)

Best Buy

Splinter Cell $9.99
Bioshock 2 $9.99
Assasins Creed 2 $9.99

inFamous $19.99
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II $19.99
The DLC for this game is cheap http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...f2?cid=search&DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

Medal of Honour $19.99

Duke Nukem: Forever $39.99
Shift 2 $39.99
dungeon Siege III $39.99
Dragon Age II $39.99
Hunted $39.99

160GB PS3 with Uncharted 2 $299.99
Tiger Woods Move Bundle $99.99
Drive Force GT $129.99
Blu-Ray remote & Tears of the Sun Blu Ray $24.99

250GB 360 with Gears Triple pack $299.99
Buy 2 save $20 on all kinect games $49.99

Pre-order get 800 RZ points Deus Ex, Resistance 3, Madden 12

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who buy a 3DS, check it for a loose hinge when you get it, and whether the bottom screen leaves marks on the top screen. Not all of them have these issues, I got one with a good hinge but it eventually made scratches on my screen protector. Nintendo is covering the screen thing under warranty, maybe the hinge too.

Once flyers come out in the ROC I'll feel the need to message all those people who put their 3DSes up on Kijiji used for more than the price of $250 + 5% GST (in Alberta) and tell them Wal-Mart is selling 3DSes $50 new less than what they're trying to sell them for.

[quote name='darkstarripclaw']Once flyers come out in the ROC I'll feel the need to message all those people who put their 3DSes up on Kijiji used for more than the price of $250 + 5% GST (in Alberta) and tell them Wal-Mart is selling 3DSes $50 new less than what they're trying to sell them for.[/QUOTE]
Who cares, if their price is too high nobody will pay.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Who cares, if their price is too high nobody will pay.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, people will. Not everyone is as savvy as the ones in this community.

[quote name='darkstarripclaw']Once flyers come out in the ROC I'll feel the need to message all those people who put their 3DSes up on Kijiji used for more than the price of $250 + 5% GST (in Alberta) and tell them Wal-Mart is selling 3DSes $50 new less than what they're trying to sell them for.[/QUOTE]

Why? Sellers won't care as long as there is someone willing to pay their asking price. People will assume you are trying to bargain with them, and they are not going to suddenly drop the price by $50 in their ads.

Plus, anyone trying to sell a used console for anything close to retail is most likely a horder, so let them figure out why it's not selling on their own.

Future Shop

4gb Xbox 360/Kinect Bundle w/Bioshock 2 - $299
Lego Harry Potter - $19.99 (Wii/360/PS3)

$29.99
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
MX vs. ATV: Alive (360/PS3)
GTA IV: Complete Edition (360/PS3)

$39.99 (360/PS3)
WWE Allstars
Homefront
Brink
Duke Nukem Forever
Hunted: The Demons Forge
Mortal Kombat

$49.99
F.E.A.R. 3 (360/PS3/PC)
Transformers: DOTM (360/PS3)
Child of Eden (360)

Nintendo 3DS - $249.99 (With bonus case)
Pac-Man Galaga Dimensions - $29.99 (3DS)
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D - $29.99

Harry Potter : TDHP2 (360/PS3) - $49.99 + Free Harry Potter Blu Ray Combo, 6 movies to choose from.

Preorder Bonuses:

Gears of war 3 (360) - $59.99 - Bonus curb stomp first aid kit
Madden 12 - $59.99 - In-game all star team
Driver San Fransisco - $59.99 - In-game Aston Martin DB5 car
NHL 12 - $59.99 - In-game goalie boost
Resistance 3 (PS3) - Save $10 When you purchase the Resistance 1 & 2 pack ($39.99)

Best Buy is also selling the 3DS for $199.99 until July 31st. And it comes with the free $20 starter kit (the starter kit might just be until Thursday, not sure). Just put in an in-store pickup order for a blue one :).

Haven't decided on the 3DS yet. If I buy it, it's probably going to be put in mothballs until something I actually want for the 3DS comes out.

Mortal Kombat for $39.99 sounds right for me. I might pick that up now.

I would have considered picking up a 3DS for myself at $200...but I'll pass. I wanted to get one for myself, so me and my brother could both download the Prototype version of Legends 3, however MML3 was cancelled so I see no need to buy one for myself at this point. I'll just use his.

For those that bought the 3DS early, send your system in at the first sign of a scratch. Nintendo will replace the screen, and raise the 'bumper' on the system, so the bottom will not scratch the top.

It's a terrible design flaw they didn't catch before release, but apparently the new batch of systems in stores already have the raised bumper.

Any trade promo for Future Shop or Best Buy? Sitting on Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 and wondering if I should just hop on the extra 10 dollar promo at Best Buy.

[quote name='DMPugh']Does anyone else get a sneaking (okay, not even sneaking) suspicion that a 3DS Lite/XL/Whatever is on the way?[/QUOTE]
Nope, way too soon.

[quote name='EvilMario']For those that bought the 3DS early, send your system in at the first sign of a scratch. Nintendo will replace the screen, and raise the 'bumper' on the system, so the bottom will not scratch the top.

It's a terrible design flaw they didn't catch before release, but apparently the new batch of systems in stores already have the raised bumper.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about modding the bumpers myself because I don't want to risk them sending me a system with a different problem. Mine is good aside from the screen thing and it's only damaged my $10 screen protector as far as I can tell. There's a mod where you take out the bumpers, put thick enough double sided tape under them, put the bumpers back in. Looks good.

[quote name='DMPugh']Does anyone else get a sneaking (okay, not even sneaking) suspicion that a 3DS Lite/XL/Whatever is on the way?[/QUOTE]

The DS Lite was released 15-18 months following the DS Phat (depending on the region). I think this is more a case of trying to spur interest in the face of lower-than-expected sales thus far in order to avoid losing software support. Don't forget that the original DS took a little while to catch on before it became an unstoppable worldwide sales juggernaut. It was also at a much lower price point to begin with, however...

[quote name='EvilMario']For those that bought the 3DS early, send your system in at the first sign of a scratch. Nintendo will replace the screen, and raise the 'bumper' on the system, so the bottom will not scratch the top.

It's a terrible design flaw they didn't catch before release, but apparently the new batch of systems in stores already have the raised bumper.[/QUOTE]
thanks, I noticed the problem on mine but thought it was due to my own mishandling (didn't have screen protectors), gonna contact Nintendo...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'm thinking about modding the bumpers myself because I don't want to risk them sending me a system with a different problem. Mine is good aside from the screen thing and it's only damaged my $10 screen protector as far as I can tell. There's a mod where you take out the bumpers, put thick enough double sided tape under them, put the bumpers back in. Looks good.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a few options, and I'm in the same boat as you. I'm wondering if the repair shop in Scarborough (NESA, 24 Progress Ave) will do this for 3DS systems yet. They were great when we had to have the Wii fixed. Just dropped in, came back 3 hours later to pick it up.

Right now I just put a cloth between the screens when I close it, and that has worked well enough. It's a pain to have to worry about. And it's a really terrible design flaw considering if you scratch the 3D screen bad enough, it will ruin the illusion for you. :headache:

In the long run though, I'll probably use something similar to this mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EXc4Wlp6js

I've had mine since launch, and have had no scratches. The only issue I'm having, is the grease marks on the top screen.

[quote name='EvilMario']
In the long run though, I'll probably use something similar to this mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EXc4Wlp6js[/QUOTE]
That's the mod I'm talking about, I even found my old Wii sensor bar tape like he used in the video. I'm going to do this one, just have to get around to doing it. If it seems to do the job I guess I'll replace my scratched screen protector or maybe even do without a top protector.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I've had mine since launch, and have had no scratches. The only issue I'm having, is the grease marks on the top screen.[/QUOTE]
That's the same problem, the grease marks will eventually become scuffs/scratches. It leaves those marks because the bottom screen border is touching the top screen. Over time it will cause more damage. Happened to me! Sometimes the analog stick leaves an imprint in the top screen too.

Just FYI: NoA announced a price drop to 169.99 on August 12, so unless you want those free eshop games, it's probably not worth buying now.

(Unless NoC doesn't match the US price...)

[quote name='firehawk12']Just FYI: NoA announced a price drop to 169.99 on August 12, so unless you want those free eshop games, it's probably not worth buying now.

(Unless NoC doesn't match the US price...)[/QUOTE]

Well, it does come with a bunch of freebies for early adopters. If you can land the system for $198, you'll receive over $50 in titles. It's just a matter if you really want these.

From Nintendo of Japan's site:

Free VC NES games for 3DS (from sept 1st):

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong JR.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climbers
The Legend of Zelda
+ 5 more

Free VC gameboy advance games for 3DS:

Super Mario Advance 3
Mario Kart Advance
Metroid Fusion
Wario ware
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
+ 5 more

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']That's the same problem, the grease marks will eventually become scuffs/scratches. It leaves those marks because the bottom screen border is touching the top screen. Over time it will cause more damage. Happened to me! Sometimes the analog stick leaves an imprint in the top screen too.[/QUOTE]

I sent Nintendo an email, asking if I could send in my 3DS to exchange the bumpers. I heard others have done this, so I'm trying it as well.

It is probably a desperation move, but damn, an $80 cut? Better than the $50 cut people were expecting from Nintendo.

Given the position of the loonie I should expect it to be $170 in Canada as well, too. But that'll definitely suck the wind out of the Vita when it comes out since they won't be the same price point.

I'll be waiting until August 12 then. I don't really care for the freebies for current 3DS Ambassadors. And yes, I expect the $169.99 price to be valid in Canada.

Hopefully somebody sells the consoles at that price point a few days early so I can nab 20 free VC games in the process :)

EDIT: Not from amazon.ca though. They're STILL selling the PSP-3000 for $170

[quote name='darkstarripclaw']Hopefully somebody sells the consoles at that price point a few days early so I can nab 20 free VC games in the process :)

EDIT: Not from amazon.ca though. They're STILL selling the PSP-3000 for $170[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just buy from Futureshop (or anywhere else with price protection) a few days before the price drop, register it, then get the $80 difference back at the store on the 12th?

[quote name='firehawk12']Just FYI: NoA announced a price drop to 169.99 on August 12, so unless you want those free eshop games, it's probably not worth buying now.

(Unless NoC doesn't match the US price...)[/QUOTE]
or you could buy it just before the price drop from a store that has a "best price guarantee" policy like FutureShop/BestBuy, get the freebies, then return to the store after the price drop to claim a refund of the difference.

Wow... seeing as how just about every price drop ever has resulted in no benefit to early adopters, the 20 free games are a nice gesture (even if I probably own most of them already).

Also, it states in the Nintendo press release that Nintendo has "no plans" to make the GBA VC games that will be given through this promotion available to the general public. This may of course change, but it's something to consider.

Hmm, usually I don't mind price cuts on stuff I already bought cause I can tell myself I got to enjoy it all this time that the new owners didn't. but there wasn't that much enjoying to do with the 3DS, I only bought 3 games and two were just Lego games to hold me over til Ocarina. At least I get the 20 free games, that's nice since some of em are GBA games that I would have bought. I did get $20 Rewardzone with the 3DS also. If this kicks sales into gear they might have a chance against the Vita now.

BestBuy.ca is doing a pre-order and save $5 promotion. I don't know when they actually started this promo, I first saw this couple days ago and hasn't been posted anywhere else that I've read recently. It's great for those who are looking to pickup a 3DS now and getting 3DS games later this year. And it looks like BB has stopped doing bonus RZ points for game pre-orders.

[quote name='Mxylptlk']Is the "Free" starter kit going to cause an issue if people try to price correct when the price drops?[/QUOTE]

On my receipt it shows a small price reduction off the 3DS and another off the starter kit. Essentially, making it not 'free'. So if I do try to do price protection on the 12th, I won't be able to get back the full $30. I think they deducted ~$12 from the 3DS in their weird math on my receipt.

[quote name='darkandlong']Any trade promo for Future Shop or Best Buy? Sitting on Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 and wondering if I should just hop on the extra 10 dollar promo at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Anything at all?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']For those who buy a 3DS, check it for a loose hinge when you get it, and whether the bottom screen leaves marks on the top screen. Not all of them have these issues, I got one with a good hinge but it eventually made scratches on my screen protector. Nintendo is covering the screen thing under warranty, maybe the hinge too.[/QUOTE]
How do you know if you have the screen issue? I know it's something to do with the bumpers, but I'm not sure.

bread's done
Back