FM transmitter for mp3 players and USB cards

ValkyrieVF-1S

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a fm transmitter that I can plug into my car and read memory cards/usb drives and a mp3 player. I would also know if there are any that can navigate by folders (Easy to pick an album instead of searching through every file). Less than 35 bucks is what I am shooting for, so thanks.

$7.50 shipped from Dealextreme (takes about 3 weeks for delivery)

they also have tons of others designs/styles to choose from...

Nope, I bought a different one from them a long time ago. It works great for plugging in an MP3 player directly to it, but it goes all wacky if I try to play something from an SD card.

Your best option will always be to store the music on an actual MP3 player and use one of these solely as the transmitter, messing with thumbs/cards will always be annoying at best.

Regarding folders: in most cases I've seen, any simple MP3 player will list all of the files it finds in one big alphabetical lump, disregarding any sort of folder sub-categories. It's always best to just load up a thumb/card with whatever you want to hear beforehand and let it play shuffled.

I went through the nightmare of testing all sorts of fm transmitters with bad to decent results. All fm transmitters are crap because the FCC regulates how far they can actually transmit (about 3 meters I believe). I tried the icarplay, tunecast 2&3, some radio shack transmitter, a dlo dock/transmitter for my ipod and many others. My girlfriend said she wanted a cheapo one and I saw a Scosche transmitter (little black one) for $9.99 at Walmart. I grabbed it, brang it home and she said she didnt want it. I then took out a tiny phillips screwdriver, opened the thing up, soldered a 23 inch piece of wire to the spot that says GRD (ground) on the PCB board, slapped it back together and now I get a signal range of at least 20 feet and its very clear under 10 feet. This was a significant improvement to an already decent, cheap transmitter. It was really easy and if you dont know how to solder, you can probabally crazy glue the wire onto the grd spot. I can take pics of mine if you wanna see what Im talking about or use google and search for FM transmitter hack.

bread's done
Back