folded and just picked up a psp slim after....

kp_assman

CAGiversary!
I had returned the original one a month after launch day.
Since that time, i heard that the psp could play nes games.
Recently I heard that you can store/play games on the memory card which is friggin cool!
My question is what can I do on the psp slim besides play umds? please be gentle as i've been out of the loop for 2 yrs

thanks

[quote name='kp_assman']I had returned the original one a month after launch day.
Recently I heard that you can store/play games on the memory card which is friggin cool!
My question is what can I do on the psp slim besides play umds? please be gentle as i've been out of the loop for 2 mos

thanks[/quote]
all psps's ca do this, but in order to do this ur psp needs to be hacked/modded
you need to by a pandors battrie and memorycard from ebay

Does anybody know of a site that explain's the psp hacking process and the pandora battery and all the other associated stuff in layman's terms? I've looked at many a site and it just seems confusing to me.

the only "illegal" feature that interests me is having games on the memory card so that i won't have to keep switching umds. I need to hack/mod to do this?

[quote name='kp_assman']I had returned the original one a month after launch day.
My question is what can I do on the psp slim besides play umds? please be gentle as i've been out of the loop for 2 mos

thanks[/quote] You can play sega master system,genesis,gameboy(color & advance),nes,snes,PSX,Atari,famicom,neogeo and other rom images.Some emulators include adhoc play-i.e.Nightmare on Elm Street w/4 players FTW.Other things,youtube on your psp,you can have ticalculator on your psp,instant messenger on your psp.Some emulators need bios for them to work.Others just dont work very well.OH I forgot you can surf the net on youre psp.

[quote name='Dandeschain']Does anybody know of a site that explain's the psp hacking process and the pandora battery and all the other associated stuff in layman's terms? I've looked at many a site and it just seems confusing to me.[/quote]i would try maxconsole.com fourms,dl.qj.net for software,psp-hacks and google.Google is always your friend....especially for those long and lonely nights.

[quote name='kp_assman']the only "illegal" feature that interests me is having games on the memory card so that i won't have to keep switching umds. I need to hack/mod to do this?[/QUOTE]

yes you need to get a custom firmware on there.

[quote name='kp_assman']the only "illegal" feature that interests me is having games on the memory card so that i won't have to keep switching umds. I need to hack/mod to do this?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing illegal about it.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']There's nothing illegal about it.[/quote]

IF you already own the UMDs, then yes, nothing illegal. There's actually quite a difference in battery life between loading games off the memory stick and UMD.

thanks for the love fellas

can n e one inform me on what to do to on the psp slim to be able to backup and play games via memory card? What do i have to do and what to i need? (what firmware, program, etc)

thanks!

[quote name='kp_assman']thanks for the love fellas

can n e one inform me on what to do to on the psp slim to be able to backup and play games via memory card? What do i have to do and what to i need? (what firmware, program, etc)

thanks![/quote]
You need a program called usb sss.Im not sure it will run on psp slim because it runs on 1.5 kernel.Have your psp hooked up to your pc with a usb cable.Drag and drop the program to GAME150 folder,disconnect from usb mode,on XMB go to the memory stick go and start USB SSS.Then select virtual FAT16 UMD-ISO 9000.After that a window should pop up then just drag the umd and drop to your PC.Its a good idea to rename your umd.Everything is pretty straight forward.

bread's done
Back