Folding@Home on PS3: Team Cheap Ass Created!

no one on this thread anymore huh, fuck cancer, fuck it I can't cure it huh!!??!!

How do I join 56566???

tried but I'm missing something, sorry, thanx

After my first PS3 died from this (allegedly) I stopped letting the PS3 run it. Now I just have some crappy computer at work running it and I'm still #12. What the hell people. Noone's got any ambition anymore. Sheesh.

[quote name='Warner1281']After my first PS3 died from this (allegedly) I stopped letting the PS3 run it. Now I just have some crappy computer at work running it and I'm still #12. What the hell people. Noone's got any ambition anymore. Sheesh.[/quote]

Yeah I feel guilty with it not running on my system either but the same thing happened to mine so I'm not chancing it any more. I fell further but still am like 22 after not using it for a long time which is sad.

I also stopped over the summer when my HDD got fried. Not sure if the folding impacted it, but figured its better not to have the PS3 on 24/7. I'm still at #21 though. Maybe I'll start folding on one of the random PCs I have here at home or at work to get back into it.

Update 1.1 is now available to all... :shock:

------------------------------------

Update 1.1 Changes

Added support for adding and removing channels dynamically

Added a local time display in the LIVE CHANNEL.

Updated Mood categories for automatic music selection.

Added support to enable Folding@home Expert Mode which disables all other channels and features that may impact simulation performance.

Folding@home Expert Mode can be activated by navigating to :
Options Menu > [Configuration] > [Folding@home].

Expert Mode - Folding@home™ is the only channel enabled. All application processing power is used exclusively for Folding@home™ and no other channels can be browsed.
Note: While in this mode, channel updates are also disabled.

New Channel - United Village - United Village is a project designed to provide an experience of sharing a sense of community and culture from locations around the world. With each update, we will feature a visual series of moments and aspects of life from various locations.

The United Village channel is provided by Frontier International, Inc.

* Life with PlayStation® ver. 1.1 or later is required for accessing this content.

http://blueraycenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938

I used to leave my PS3 on but now with the rising cost of electricity. I turn everything off when not in use. Summer heat in Miami + FPL's rising rate = huge electric bill

Does the picture of the earth with all the lights show users currently running Folding at Home OR does it just show users with PS3's on with online connectivity?

Do you have to finish an entire unit (100%) in order to contribute or will just finishing portions be submitted as well?

My original 20gb PS3 died a couple of months ago and I just figured out there is a program to send it back and get a Slim 120gb replacement for $119. I'll be back folding soon... yay. I gave up folding on the PC, got sick of RMA's on video cards.

I have joined the philanthropic peen. Why not, leaving my PS3 on to help cure cancer is easier than wearing a rubber bracelet! But seriously, this is cool. :)

Just got the folding bug! :bouncy:

I can't wait to see how many people are folding in this group after I join. Quick question: does it "fold" after I turn off my PS3 or when it's idle?

bread's done
Back