Folklore for PS3 $30 at Walmart (YMMV)

jewellgm

CAGiversary!
I was at Walmart in Fort Wayne, IN on Coldwater road earlier today, and they had Folklore marked at $30.

EDIT: Sorry this wasn't posted in the WM clearance thread. My mistake!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen it anywhere else for that price. All of the online retailers still list it for approximately $60.

EDIT: I just saw the price at GS.com, but all of the other online retailers like Amazon, BB, CC, and even walmart.com, list it for approximately $60.

[quote name='jewellgm']I haven't seen it anywhere else for that price. All of the online retailers still list it for approximately $60.

EDIT: I just saw the price at GS.com, but all of the other online retailers like Amazon, BB, CC, and even walmart.com, list it for approximately $60.[/QUOTE]

I know NOTHING about this game, I never even heard of it until today when I bought Heavenly Sword and saw an ad in the back for it. I instantly fell in love with the character design for the girl, so I've got to ask....

Is this game worth 30 bucks? What's it like?

It's difficult to explain. You start as 1 of 2 characters that you pick at the beginning of the game. Both of these characters are drawn to a particular island, but for different reasons. Once you get to the island, you discover that somebody has been murdered. The game goes back and forth between these two characters attempting to solve the mystery of the murder. You go to different worlds and encounter faeries, or folk. You gain power by capturing these folk in combat. I personally really like the game, but there are a few common criticisms:

1.) You play the same section multiple times. Each character has to go through every world, so you'll see a lot of the same things. They don't necessarily follow the exact same path, however.

2.) There's a lot of "down time". The game is fairly slow paced, and there are a lot of cut scenes to progress the story.

As I said, I really enjoy the game, but it won't be to everybody's tastes. There's a demo for it on PSN. I would highly recommend downloading that.

I saw these a few months ago marked down at a few Target stores. I would have picked one up but I didn't have a PS3 at that time.

[quote name='jewellgm']It's difficult to explain. You start as 1 of 2 characters that you pick at the beginning of the game. Both of these characters are drawn to a particular island, but for different reasons. Once you get to the island, you discover that somebody has been murdered. The game goes back and forth between these two characters attempting to solve the mystery of the murder. You go to different worlds and encounter faeries, or folk. You gain power by capturing these folk in combat. I personally really like the game, but there are a few common criticisms:

1.) You play the same section multiple times. Each character has to go through every world, so you'll see a lot of the same things. They don't necessarily follow the exact same path, however.

2.) There's a lot of "down time". The game is fairly slow paced, and there are a lot of cut scenes to progress the story.

As I said, I really enjoy the game, but it won't be to everybody's tastes. There's a demo for it on PSN. I would highly recommend downloading that.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, sounds RIGHT up my alley. Thanks man, I do believe I'll be picking this up.

why cant i get cheap games first eye of judgement and now this what te hell can someone pick me up one please i have paypal or CML and thankz

I saw this, LAIR and F1 for $30 today so I can confirm.

Was very tempted to get it.

[quote name='sp00ge']Given the extreme YMMV nature of Walmart deals/clearances, it makes absolutely no sense to make a new thread every time someone finds a new deal at their local Walmart. So, if you happen to find a good deal, save the forum some clutter and post in this thread.

Please include the store location (City, state, etc), as well as the item and price.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181123

bread's done
Back