Font issue on new site

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakord

CAGiversary!
just wanted to report a font issue (see screenshots) happens in Win7 only it seems. OSX it looks really nice - kind of opposite of the old site LOL

CAG1_jlutusyblb.png

CAG2_67sbf5ab0h.png

Yeah I'm having some issues also on my Windows box. The new font doesn't seem to play well with any browser, but Chrome is the worst. 

In the mean time I'm going to use the Stylebot Chrome extension to drop back to Helvetica. 

It's barely readable in Chrome for me. Anyone know where the forum settings are? I'd like to see more messages per page (like it used to be) but have no idea where I can adjust anything including background color. The white background is really hard on the eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm having some issues also on my Windows box. The new font doesn't seem to play well with any browser, but Chrome is the worst.
Same here. I don't like how this font looks on Chrome.

have no idea where I can adjust anything including background color. the white background is really hard on the eyes.
I agree.

The font is very ugly and very hard to read on Windows 7 on Firefox and Iron Portable (Chrome basis) here.

(And I really hate that the site needs ajax.googleapis.com now, but that's another story)

Firefox has looked a million times better than Chrome.  Now that I've switched to Firefox, I can't complain.  All the font/text looks fine to me.

Chrome looks awful.

I'm having the same issue on Opera.  It looks like a lot of the smaller, thinner fonts are breaking up.  The "Quote" button reads "Quotc" because the "e" at the end of the word breaks up.

EDIT: Just tried the site in Firefox, too, and it does the same thing.

I am having the same issue OP. Not a browser issue, it's specific to the new layout of this site. It's barely readable.

Almost unreadable on Win 7 and Chrome (1440 by 900 I think). I thought CheapyD pissed off Anonymous ;-)

And it's as slow as molasses in Jan. Think I'll come back tomorrow. And bring my sunglasses 

The font is very ugly and very hard to read on Windows 7 on Firefox and Iron Portable (Chrome basis) here.

(And I really hate that the site needs ajax.googleapis.com now, but that's another story)
They are pulling external scripts from Google's content delivery network. Not only is it harmless, its actually improving your browsing experience.

Win7/Chrome and yeah, the text looks horrible. I thought it was just the letters weren't being rendered well at 90%-100% page zoom, but it still looks bad no matter how far you go up and down.

Looks like garbage on my Win7/Firefox PC, but fine on my MacBook Pro/Firefox laptop.

They probably had a Mac-only designer work on the overhaul and they didn't bother testing with the platform that 90% of the public uses because 100% of Mac snobs despise PC and wish it would go away. Bah.

Win 7, Firefox.  The site is barely readable and quite honestly unusable.  At a minimum, give us the option to switch from this white background until this is resolved...

The font looks terrible in Chrome, and only a little better on IE. I'm on Windows 8.

This shouldn't be happening, I'm assuming that some of the scripts are interfering with the fonts but I'm not going to dig through their 20 css files to see where it is.

I can say that the font on our screens looks nothing like the screenshots they posted. It's completely different and right now I'm at a loss as to how they got that screenshot:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-106449-0-40951000-1370401021.png

Were they running Linux or something? The screenshot description says "Google Chrome," yet here we are all running Chrome and seeing a different picture. I'm feeling this is an OS issue.

I'm guessing the font is Trebuchet MS.

Same here, on Win 7 / Firefox.

The only way I made it better was by magnifing the page several times. It's absurdly big now, but I can read everything.

As much as I love this site, I'm going to have to wait to come back once they fix the font issue. Even if that means missing out on some deals.

Same with Windows 7, Chrome beta

It's a problem with the ProximaNova font. I removed it with Chrome's dev tools, and everything was fine when it switched to Arial.

It looks very much like a print out from my laser printer before I finally changed the toner after owning it for almost a decade on the original toner cart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back