For $20...good deal or no?

Slipknot9762

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well I work at my local gamestop and last night a guy came in with two bags, I took them on the counter and in the bags was a SNES w/ 2 controllers and 21 games all in MINT condition, not a single scratch on any of the games or the system. The games are

Super Mario Kart
college slam
fifa 96 soccer
starfox
Saturday night slammasters
NHL stanley cup
fatal fury special
wrestlemania the arcade game
wwf raw
super caesars palace
shaq fu
Brunswick world tournament of champions
nba showdown
madden NFL 94
espn baseball tonight
Mtv's Beavis and Butthead
Frank Thomas big hurt baseball
Super mario allstars + super mario world
demolition man
paperboy
nba hang time

I told the guy I'd hate to see him walk out the door with this, then asked him how much he wanted for it and he said $20 would do it. I don't know much about the SNES, I grew up playing sega genesis, I've never owned one of these before.

It's a pretty great deal, but not the deal of the century or anything. Super Mario Kart and the Super Mario World + All-Stars and Starfox are good games, the rest are crap. System is worth $20 by itself.

[quote name='Slipknot9762']I already do have it, I had that feeling that the guy was mentally ill for giving it all to me for $20.[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that you took advantage of a mentally ill person?
That is not right.
Now, hand over the goods (to me of course) and repent for your sin.

:)

id say its a good deal if you intend to play them.. for me it would be a Meh deal as i would own or not be interested in a lot of those titles (all the sports/wrestling and i have all the mario games)

but its a good deal with decent resell if you want to go that route..

This has got to be the deal of the day. Sure half the games are not that great, but an SNES and Mari Kart is worth $20. The rest of the stuff is just bonus on top of that. Good grab, but isn't this against store policy. I know GS/EB workers frown about gamers snatching trade in games from others customers. Wouldn't this be the same for GS/EB management when it came to their workers? Just to make it clear I am asking a general question and not trying to attack or judge. Hell if presented with this I would snatch it up in a milisecond. I've been in a few GS's when people come in to trade and don't get enough in trade and walk out, but I never ask what they want when they walk away; I feel a little weird doing this. I probably would be inclined to ask if I saw a rare game(s) that I wanted.

[quote name='neudog']This has got to be the deal of the day. Sure half the games are not that great, but an SNES and Mari Kart is worth $20. The rest of the stuff is just bonus on top of that. Good grab, but isn't this against store policy. I know GS/EB workers frown about gamers snatching trade in games from others customers. Wouldn't this be the same for GS/EB management when it came to their workers? Just to make it clear I am asking a general question and not trying to attack or judge. Hell if presented with this I would snatch it up in a milisecond. I've been in a few GS's when people come in to trade and don't get enough in trade and walk out, but I never ask what they want when they walk away; I feel a little weird doing this. I probably would be inclined to ask if I saw a rare game(s) that I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Also take into account that SNES isnt even taken in as trade anymore... So its not really the same thing, as the company isnt losing anything out of the deal.

I had a friend do the same thing with one of those Sega CD / Genesis all in one things a few months back.

[quote name='Sycowulf']Also take into account that SNES isnt even taken in as trade anymore... So its not really the same thing, as the company isnt losing anything out of the deal.

I had a friend do the same thing with one of those Sega CD / Genesis all in one things a few months back.[/QUOTE]

Excactly- if nothing, employees willing to pay out-of-pocket for older systems the store no longer accepts should (thoretically) only help the store- by putting money into a potential customer's hand, and by taking away their older system, forcing them to buy newer games that the store does carry.

(I think the biggest problems are 1- people assuming you'll buy whatever comes in and throwing a fit when no one wants, like, madden 89 on the NES or something, and 2- someone actually checking Ebay, realizing they could get more, and coming back to demand more from the employee. Or something.)

i got a SNES system that turned PURPLE for some freaking reason LOL

i seen systems turn brown or yellow but this is the first time i seen plastic turn purple

[quote name='slidecage']i got a SNES system that turned PURPLE for some freaking reason LOL

i seen systems turn brown or yellow but this is the first time i seen plastic turn purple[/QUOTE]

i posted a picture of my old snes turned yellow in CAG site. lol

I remember fun times with College Slam. Give it a try...its not bad. Play with the options...the power-ups are fun.

Fortunately, you can now use the money you saved to buy some petroleum and light Shaq-Fu on fire.

bread's done
Back