for all you RAG's REZ for $85 + Free Ship...Extremely Limited..HURRY!!

I read some glowing reviews for it, and picked up my copy of Rez on PS2 for about $50 on eBay a year or so ago. I generally hate paying $50 for a game, but for me, I would say Rez was worth it. I'm certainly not saying it will be worth that for everyone.

The game is rather short, essentially offering up only five levels. The gameplay is very much like Panzer Dragoon Orta, or Omega Boost. In Rez, you are locked on a rail and can use your targeting reticule to charge up to several shots at once, or just start mashing the fire button. You fire at incoming enemies, and generally don’t have to worry about things you can’t see on screen. Gameplay wise, I would say it doesn't offer anything really all that innovative. I would also say that most enemies don't even offer much of a threat, but some do.

So what makes Rez so cool? Rez is a great game because of its presentation, fun factor and uniqueness. One reviewer said it was like "playing art." I'm not sure if I would go that far, but it certainly does offer up a unique experience. Essentially, the hook for Rez is that your actions drive the visual and sound of the game. Enemies can burst into various arrays of colors and patterns when destroyed; your avatar "jams" to the beats, levels grow, swirl and turn in on themselves as you progress. As your character gets tougher through power ups, the sounds and visuals of your attacks subtly shift. Even tapping the button to fire at nothing produces a sort of drumbeat that I have found myself hitting to keep time with the music.

Since the levels are unique enough and the game is a rather fun experience (IMHO), its one of the few games I actually revisit now and then, just to play through a level or two.

Again, it won't be everyone. But, if you are looking for something unique, maybe try to grab the DC version, or keep your eyes out for a good deal. :)

[quote name='kimsh0t']so DC can play any import games for a us version dc?[/QUOTE]
No, but all you need is a gameshark and you can play import games.

i have a copy for ps2 and dc import, the euro version, not jap edition. and im not sure but the dc version seems a thousand times harder than the ps2 version. also the colors look more vibrant in the dc version

I got my copy recently on digitalpress in a trade for $25 and a castlevania guide. IMO its one of the best games I have played in years, and I do think it is worth paying $100 to experience. My rumble doesnt work thanks to my stupid ps2, but I still find the game incredibly fun.

Everyone get this game while you still can. I bought this game brand new back in the days for $15 in Bestbuy. Best $15 every spent. Techno music plus trippy grahpic what else can you go wrong. Make sure you get the TRANCE VIBRATOR its double the fun. Play this game with some herb. You will in HEAVEN !! trust me cuz I done it before. REZ is a game you have to experience to believe. There arent any games like this. So get it while you still can before this game reach $200 a piece !! so ACT NOW !!

bread's done
Back