For all you softies.... what do you think?

SpookyD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
This is pretty much targeted at people who like cute stuff, girl or boy. If your not into that just you know, ignore it or somthing or flame the thread, whatever.

What do you guys (and gals) think of the idea of handmade videogame accessories, like knit/crochet bags and cases for things. I'm sure its been done before but would you ever want a handmade bag for you gameboy games or a case or somthing with your favorite character embroidered on top?

Or mabye if your not to into the cute stuff do you think it would be appealing to a video gaming girlfriend? I've seen alot of people saying they wanted to pick up a pink Ds for their girlfriend to get them to play games, what could be cuter than a handmade bag for your games, or even somthing weirder like a controler cosy.

I Just finished a bag for my Gba sp (to cheap to buy a case?) and I really dig it.

Anyways..... what are your ideas?

Edit: If anyone cares i'll show some pictures if I can find my camera tomorrow, I know not much striking conversation is going to go down at 2:30 am ;)

Edit: Pictures!!

If that's what you're into, more power to ya. It's nothing to be flamed about. Personally, I don't think I could ever get into sewing a handmade bag, but I think I'd enjoy designing custom stuff FOR a bag (in the same way one would design a faceplate for a console or decals for a computer tower, I'm thinking it'd be cool to make a decal for the whole bag, though it'd be difficult, I'm sure).

As for a video gaming girlfriend, it'd depend on the girl. My girlfriend is more tomboyish and likely wouldn't care too much about a pink DS, but a girly girl like my sister would absolutely love it.

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of what you've done so far, though I couldn't comment for about a week since I'd be out of town.

[quote name='JimmieMac']wait wait wait wait....hold on....whoa.....wait.....easy here....wait....

You knit?[/QUOTE]

No, no baby. Crochet.

[quote name='mookiemeister']Please post photos so we can see what the bag looks like.[/QUOTE]

I gotta find my camera today then I will.

And I dont think I could get to into the whole knit thing, you can't exactly do much that would be useful in a game related context, at least not that I can think of.

[quote name='SpookyD']No, no baby. Crochet.[/QUOTE]

Crocheting is definately where it's at. I'd be curious to see some pictures too, I might want get inspired to make my own.

On another note, the obvious joke wasn't made yet? Ok, you twisted my arm, I'll do it.

"Damn! I thought this thread was about erectile disfunction!"

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']

"Damn! I thought this thread was about erectile disfunction!"[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I'd like to see some pics of your handywork.

There definitely is a market for bags in the gaming market. After the GBA SP more girls are getting into the portable market and generally speaking girls like to accesorize. I think it'd be interesting to see pics of it. I've sown a pouch together, but I only have a very simple sewing skill.

[quote name='help1']Do what you want, not what others want you to do.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to see if there was any intrest in it as there might be a market for it ;)

okay, the idea of "cute" stuff with Kerope or kittens all over it-- I don't care much for that.

But I don't like any of the cases that are on the market right now. so i'd definitely pick up a good, simple, and functional handmade cover for my DS, with a *pocket* for games, not individual slots, for ds and gba games. Just something that protects it from scratches and bumps when it's in my bag or pocket and keeps things organized.

so like, if you want to test out some designs, i'm game. ;-)

I found my camera but I can't find the right cable, I will though, be patient!

And I thought of making a ds cover but I dont have a ds right now so I can't make stuff the right dimensions but mabye ;). I was a little worried about thread fibers getting into the screen like dust but it dosnt seem like that's happening and the thread isnt rough enough to scratch the paint. it even seems to be a pretty good material for cleaning the screen too.

[quote name='the3rdkey']I think it is a cool idea. But, you should get some video game patches or what not to put on it as well.[/QUOTE]

I think its a little plain to, especial because the back is even more plain than the front. I don't know what i'de wanna put on it though, or what would be good.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Looks pretty damn good. Did you just crochet a rectangle and sew it into a square? Also, how did you do the latch?[/QUOTE]

I made a rectangle then folded it in half and croched up the sides through both halves and turned it inside out, the flap was just croched in the middle in small rows and then I made a border around the whole top including the flap in double crochet so the button would go through. Because crochet is so easy to make it up as you go along I could just make small rows off the top and it made a flap (you dont have to start a new row at the end it just makes somthing like that flap.) the only sewing I did was to put the button on.

Thanks for the feedback, I want to start somthing new but I'm not sure what yet. It's good to have somthing to do when waiting to spawn back in a game like counter strike or battlefield ;)

hows about a xbox controller cozy... when I play certain games (fighters and action games) my hands get sweaty and the controller gets slippery... that would be just the ticket to keep me gaming...

It looks very well done, and you clearly know what you're doing, I just don't really like it. I like cute things, but it looks more like a grandma thing (though this could partly be due to a lot of grandma stuff I see being light blue) than a cute thing. If it had more color, or some nintendo logos or designs, it would have been great.

Though, I pride myself in doing the things that people think are gay (not using the term myself, it's just an accusation people make when I do more sexually ambiguous things, or if they saw a guy with a hand knit DS case), but I don't think I'd have the courage for this. Wish I did though, but just don't think I do. It seems to go over the sexually ambiguous line that I like and more like a purely female thing, partially cause it looks like a purse.

I think its kinda plain and grandmaish too but it was just to see if I could do it. If I keep makin stuff it'll get better I promise ;)

bread's done
Back