For all you Star Wars fans out there....

Zon27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (98%)
So here is the thing...Episode III comes out soon and that will be the end of Star Wars (or will it?).

My company has started a website to thank George Lucas for his vision and 28 years of Star Wars. They are trying to get 1 million people to sign the letter...so if you're interested....

www.ThankYouGeorge.com

i dont know about thanking him in general, since while the orginal trilogy was great, the Christmas specials sucked, the ewok movies were cheesy, the remakes were unneeded, the prequels were overly Computer Generated

[quote name='Zon27']So here is the thing...Episode III comes out soon and that will be the end of Star Wars (or will it?).[/QUOTE]
No it won't...there's gonna be the two TV shows. :)

Anyway, I'll sign this letter...nice idea, I guess.

WTF? He should be thanking me for all the goddamn money I've put in his pockets over the years. Star Wars is cool and all but on a personal level he can kiss my ass.

[quote name='javeryh']WTF? He should be thanking me for all the goddamn money I've put in his pockets over the years. Star Wars is cool and all but on a personal level he can kiss my ass.[/QUOTE]

Right you are thanking him for Star Wars. Not for being a money grubbing bastard.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']No it won't...there's gonna be the two TV shows. :)

Anyway, I'll sign this letter...nice idea, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Really? geez...there is also the possibility that episodes 7, 8, and 9 will see the light. Thanks for signing.

[quote name='Zon27']Right you are thanking him for Star Wars. Not for being a money grubbing bastard.[/QUOTE]

I already "thanked" him by paying to see all 5 movies and the three special editions in the theater - and a subtitled Ill Returno dello Jedi in Italy. I've also bought 2 copies of Eps 4, 5 and 6 on VHS and all 5 Eps on DVD. I also plan on seeing Ep III in May and buying that DVD when it comes out. Not to mention the video games, toys, clothes and other crap I've bought over the years... like I said - he should be thanking me.

[quote name='javeryh']I already "thanked" him by paying to see all 5 movies and the three special editions in the theater - and a subtitled Ill Returno dello Jedi in Italy. I've also bought 2 copies of Eps 4, 5 and 6 on VHS and all 5 Eps on DVD. I also plan on seeing Ep III in May and buying that DVD when it comes out. Not to mention the video games, toys, clothes and other crap I've bought over the years... like I said - he should be thanking me.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the haters cause I know what it's like...but talk about bitter...if you hate him so much then don't spend your money, 'nuff said.

[quote name='Zon27']I don't mind the haters cause I know what it's like...but talk about bitter...if you hate him so much then don't spend your money, 'nuff said.[/QUOTE]

I never said I hated him - I just don't feel like he deserves any of my thanks. Plus, I like Star Wars... even if I thought Lucas was the biggest douche on the planet why should that stop me from enjoying the movies and stuff?

[quote name='Zon27']So here is the thing...Episode III comes out soon and that will be the end of Star Wars (or will it?).

My company has started a website to thank George Lucas for his vision and 28 years of Star Wars. They are trying to get 1 million people to sign the letter...so if you're interested....

www.ThankYouGeorge.com[/QUOTE]

Just a tip -- if you're going to use a locked image for the background, check to make sure the texture can repeat without looking like crap. My 1920x1200 may not be a standard resolution yet, but i get a lovely edge on the left side of the page from the fact that the milky-way-looking portion is pressed up against the right-hand side of the image.

Lucas doesn't deserve any thanks because hes never shown any respect towards the fans that have made him a billionaire. He has the personality of a block of cheese, and in some cases comes off as practically hostile towards the throngs of people who love his work.

I think American Graffitti is a good film.....but lets face it...its 2 hours of people driving around in cars......its not exactly mold-breaking cinema.

And considering his Star Wars "Work" is just a ripoff of earlier stories anyhow, the credit he deserves is questionable. You have to give him the credit for being technically savvy...he wanted the realistic props, the high-end special effects.

But in the 70's he had no choice but to let his ACTORS carry his movies.......today, he's like an unchained Monster.......the actors he hires are almost insignificant to him, instead he's just got TOO many FX toys to play with..and they really hurt episodes I and II.

The REALLY interesting thing is that he directed Episode 4.......and yet that movie doesn't lack emotion, and it doesn't have loads of really bad diologue, and everyone isn't wooden and stiff....(See Phantom Menace, see Attack of the CLones for where I'm getting at here).....no wonder thats the movie that nearly sent him to the hospital :)

"What?! Actors...Emoting......DAMN YOU, STOP IT! In 20 years I'll replace you all with droids!"

bread's done
Back