For all you trophy hunters out there

I love Sony, but I'd really file this under who gives a shit/late to the party. With the PS3 coming out with many games and PS4 on the horizon, why would I want to go back and play PS2/PSX games? To get trophies? Go ahead trophy hunters and I wish u good times, bit I'll hopefully be working on next gen trophies and my backlog by the time this patch arrives.

^ I can agree with you about it being late & why would someone play old games just to get trophies, BUT imo this is one of the greatest news I've heard from Sony in awhile. There were many times that I wanted to revisit a old game but after trophies came out for the PS3, I chose to pass on the old PS2 games. Now it gives players another reason to play nostalgic games with the added bonus and to provide that extra challenge that wasn't there before.

Interesting..for a lot of games it wouldn't matter much to me, but I would like to see what they would do with FF7-9 and Tactics, Xenogears, Suikodens and a handful of others.

[quote name='blindinglights']I know it's likely not going to happen, but I can hope the trophy patches work for disc based PS1 games.[/QUOTE]
For some reason I highly doubt it will

I doubt this. That would be insane. I could hold off PS4 for many, many more years...
imagine god hand and odin sphere trophy lists. this wouldn't make any sense tho, lots of coding and lots of these companies arent around. they couldnt even get trophies in na 50 cent and sr2.

My guess is if they did this, it would only be on PS4. Then make some bold claim about having trophies for all games playable on the system. We know the PS3 is on its last legs in terms of having major support from Sony in terms of continuing to work on the interface and FW. This being a day 1 sort of thing for PS4 though... it might make sense.

[quote name='GamingGator']My guess is if they did this, it would only be on PS4. Then make some bold claim about having trophies for all games playable on the system. We know the PS3 is on its last legs in terms of having major support from Sony in terms of continuing to work on the interface and FW. This being a day 1 sort of thing for PS4 though... it might make sense.[/QUOTE]

When you put it that way, it does seem possible. I mean, given how the PS4 doesn't have any type of native support for PS1-3 games or PSN games, I'm guessing Sony is going to have to find ways to entice people to buy their games again or buy into Sony's streaming service.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']thank god I don't have a backwards compatible PS3, because if this ever happened...I shutter at what would become of me...[/QUOTE]

I don't think you will need one. I imagine that only the games released on PSN will have this applied to them.

I guess this could be good as it'd encourage people to go back and play some older games. It could also make more people play the online modes in these games (like CoD4, for example).

bread's done
Back