For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800fbd2a

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

Offer expires: 03/23/2013
Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 500 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

INFO FROM FORUM LINK

Thank you for voting on the latest Member’s Choice offer. Eligible Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone app on Facebook can get 500 Reward Zone points on a single qualifying transaction over $10 between 3/13/13 and 3/23/13.

As a reminder, this offer is subject to our full Program Rules. This means purchases of Best Buy Gift Cards and other non-qualifying purchases are excluded (see Program Rules for what is considered a non-qualifying purchase).

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

This offer applies to purchases made in a Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com. Just make sure to use your Reward Zone Member ID at the time of purchase in-store, or have your Member ID synced with your BestBuy.com account.

Below are answers to a few more questions you may have. Otherwise, please refer to the full Program Rules for additional disclosures surrounding offers.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

Do Marketplace purchases qualify?
Yes. Marketplace purchases qualify as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

Do pre-orders qualify?
Yes, if the pre-order is released on/before the end of the promotion and the payment is thus received before the end of the promotion.

Do purchases of other gift cards, such as Xbox LIVE, PSN, or iTunes qualify?
Yes, as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

When will the points be received?
Just as with all other purchases, points will post to your Reward Zone account in about 20 days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone member!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']If I use about $16 from a best buy gift card and $10 in reward certificates on this would it still qualify? The way I figure the rewardzone certs just lowers the total price to $15 and so the purchase would still be officially $15.

I just want to make sure that using any rewardzone cert doesn't automatically disqualify the order. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Read the OP....

I did order eshop prepaid card 20 $ and chatted with rep online. He said eshop card is considered as a gift card. Better buy product, not some kind of cards.

[quote name='golf1410']I did order eshop prepaid card 20 $ and chatted with rep online. He said eshop card is considered as a gift card. Better buy product, not some kind of cards.[/QUOTE]

Then they are lying and you should correct them...

It states that you CAN use a Best Buy GC towards the purchase of the 10$ AND there is nothing stating you cannot buy Gift Cards (other than Best Buy ones)

[quote name='golf1410']I did order eshop prepaid card 20 $ and chatted with rep online. He said eshop card is considered as a gift card. Better buy product, not some kind of cards.[/QUOTE]

It has been said time and time again that any gift card BESIDES Best Buy gift cards can be purchased to get the 500 bonus points. So long as the total of the purchase is $10 or more....Why are so many people unwilling to read the OP??

EDIT:

To show proof that using gift cards AND buying a $10 PSN card actually give the 500 bonus points:
bCqL1bL.png

Last edited by a moderator:
my reciept doesn't say anything about 500 points. Did I do it wrong? Like did everyone else's come up immediately?

And you gotta admit, compared to the usual fare, and given Best Buy's track record, this promotion is more confusing than most.

[quote name='therealdanhill']my reciept doesn't say anything about 500 points. Did I do it wrong? Like did everyone else's come up immediately?

And you gotta admit, compared to the usual fare, and given Best Buy's track record, this promotion is more confusing than most.[/QUOTE]

No purchase ever made with a RZ card shows you the points on the receipt besides your current balance. It does not tell you what you earned in the transaction at all. The Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered promotion doesn't say "You earned 1000 points as a bonus this transaction" or anything of the sort.

It isn't confusing at all. Verify you are eligible for promotion. Buy an item that is $10 or more. Wait...

~fin

Hmm... what should I buy? I was thinking of a game but maybe the $10 PSN card is the best since I could wait for a PSN sale and it'll be heavily discounted since i have PS+ also. What are some good deals people bought? I have GC and $10 reward certificate but I rather use the certificate since that expires and it'll just go back to my account with points.

Well I mean how do I get to this screen then, where it says 500 points earned:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
bCqL1bL.png
[/QUOTE]

You're saying there's no knowing whether it went through or not until 20 days from now, and that isn't confusing? Not even a confirmation?

[quote name='therealdanhill']Well I mean how do I get to this screen then, where it says 500 points earned:

You're saying there's no knowing whether it went through or not until 20 days from now, and that isn't confusing? Not even a confirmation?[/QUOTE]

That screen is in my RZ history...just like every other transaction I have from my RZ history. It takes 2-4 days (usually) for a transaction to show in general. As soon as my $10 PSN card purchase hit my RZ account it was listed with the 500 points.

Not a SINGLE Best Buy purchase made online or in store has any confirmation about ANY of the points earned. It is all seen within your RZ account. It has ALWAYS been like this, or at least for the last 2-3 years.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Well I mean how do I get to this screen then, where it says 500 points earned:

You're saying there's no knowing whether it went through or not until 20 days from now, and that isn't confusing? Not even a confirmation?[/QUOTE]

Points are never "confirmed" till they are pending and even then till 35 days pass.

So I just saw on the FB page that you CAN'T buy a gift card to get the 500 bonus points. I'm positive that it didn't say that yesterday or the day before. Anyone buy a gift card and get the 500 points before today?

[quote name='Lt Dan']So I just saw on the FB page that you CAN'T buy a gift card to get the 500 bonus points. I'm positive that it didn't say that yesterday or the day before. Anyone buy a gift card and get the 500 points before today?[/QUOTE]

That has been there shortly after the promotion started, but it was not there at the start of the offer. You can buy gift cards, just not a Best Buy GC.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That has been there shortly after the promotion started, but it was not there at the start of the offer. You can buy gift cards, just not a Best Buy GC.[/QUOTE]
Shit! I bought a bb gc the other day :(

Guess I'll have to buy something else. Wonder if I could buy something with that BB gc I bought and get the points?

[quote name='Lt Dan']Shit! I bought a bb gc the other day :(

Guess I'll have to buy something else. Wonder if I could buy something with that BB gc I bought and get the points?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I bought a $10 PSN card with $10 in BB gift card credit and my 500 points are pending.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Incorrect, it will show there if you qualify If you are not seeing this in your active offers...it is not an active offer for you.[/QUOTE]

I voted yesterday and got the 14 points immediately (so I know the Facebook App linked to my RZ account). Still no "offer" for the 500 though. I think you guys are all making this shit up ;). The Facebook side of it tells me I should get this offer - but without seeing it on the RZ account I'm not going to spend money there I wouldn't spend otherwise.

[quote name='io']I voted yesterday and got the 14 points immediately (so I know the Facebook App linked to my RZ account). Still no "offer" for the 500 though. I think you guys are all making this shit up ;). The Facebook side of it tells me I should get this offer - but without seeing it on the RZ account I'm not going to spend money there I wouldn't spend otherwise.[/QUOTE]

It most likely wont come up on your offers page. If you did vote, just go buy something with your reward name and you should get it.

Although mine doesnt show the offer for me, it specifically states that ANY member of Reward Zone can interact with the FB App and will get the 500 points with a 10$ purchase.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yes, I bought a $10 PSN card with $10 in BB gift card credit and my 500 points are pending.[/QUOTE]

I know the first post says you can use the rewards certificate but can someone confirmed they did this?

I did the poll ? On the day voting ended and bought a movie on Wednesday night and it just showed up on my BB Rz today. Patience is key especially when you are getting free money.

Confused now.

If you use a Reward Zone certificate during the purchase it will not void the promotion. However, the total amount of the purchase, before tax and Reward Zone certificate, must be $10.

So, if you bought a $20 item, before tax, and used a $10 Reward Zone certificate you should qualify. If you bought an item for $19.99, before tax, and used a $10 Reward Zone certificate you would not qualify for the promotion.

From a BBY mod.

[quote name='kylerg']Confused now.

From a BBY mod.[/QUOTE]

$20-10=10. 19.99-10=9.99

Certificates can be used on the purchase, but the total AFTER certificates needs to be at least $10.

I asked the employee about this deal and he asked another employee in the other checkout lane, she said it was fake. That anything related to FB is fake. THen I told her that bestbuy.com has linked FB to their site. She still said it was fake, and I wasn't going to get any extra points. I left w/o purchasing anything :(

[quote name='Saix_XIII']$20-10=10. 19.99-10=9.99

Certificates can be used on the purchase, but the total AFTER certificates needs to be at least $10.[/QUOTE]

Another BBY person.

[quote name='Facebook']Say I get an item that costs exactly $10 and then after tax it ended up costing $10.XX If I give the cashier $10 in Reward zone and basically pay the .XX of tax in cash I should be eligible for this offer. YES or NO?[/QUOTE][quote name='Bestbuy']Yes, that would be eligible. However, in your example I want to make sure you know that $10 is the bare minimum of a subtotal that would qualify (as in an item for $9.99 would not, even if sales tax brings the total above $10). The link below should clear up other popular questions, but let me know if you're unsure of anything else![/QUOTE]

RWZ Certs always bring down the total amount paid in their system. So if you bought a $10 PSN card and used a $5 cert to help pay for it your total ammout paid is only $5 to them. Its the reason why I had problems price matching in the past when I used RWZ certs. Just be safe and pay at least $10 in cash or in gift cards.

Now does that apply for gift cards too? Or can I use a full $10 gift card and pay $0 and still get the promotion?

I bought an Amazon Kindle Card and after about 2 days, the 500 points appeared in my reward zone account under pending.

So supposedly this should be clear as water now.

Paying $10+ (cash) = 500 pts.
Paying $9.99 or less = 0 pts.

[quote name='kylerg']Another BBY person.[/QUOTE]

But according to BB, supposedly using your cert (I'm assuming a GC would be okay too) to drop the total down (from anything over $10+) doesn't negate the promo now?

Luckily I still have time to wait and see how this works out. Don't even know what to buy atm.

I just checked my reward zone account and noticed that i have more pending points than i should have... i picked up my pre-ordered copy of God of War, so i get the 1,000 points for that, and the 500 points for my member's choice reward. i also made a separate purchase that day of around $12. That transaction ALSO shows the bonus 500 points. I thought this 500 points was one per account?

[quote name='xMALEMANx']I just checked my reward zone account and noticed that i have more pending points than i should have... i picked up my pre-ordered copy of God of War, so i get the 1,000 points for that, and the 500 points for my member's choice reward. i also made a separate purchase that day of around $12. That transaction ALSO shows the bonus 500 points. I thought this 500 points was one per account?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure the two 500 points are the same thing. If this is true I will try to buy something again for over $10 that I need and get it again.

Odd, I just checked mine as well and I got 500 bonus points for God Of War pick up and I got 500 points for buying a 10 dollar PSN card, lol.

Both are listed as Facebook Member Choice 500 Bonus

[quote name='caca13']Are you sure the two 500 points are the same thing. If this is true I will try to buy something again for over $10 that I need and get it again.[/QUOTE]

yup, in the details for both of them, they say "facebook member choice 500 bonus"
and all points are showing up in my "pending points" so it's looking pretty good! i made both transactions back to back at the same register, not sure if that has anything to do with me getting this promotion twice

I used a prepaid debit card to buy some stuff yesterday and I don't have any pending points. Should I just wait or send them a message tomorrow.

[quote name='xMALEMANx']I thought this 500 points was one per account?[/QUOTE]

Its suppose to be 1 per account but this is Best Buy we're dealing with here so I'm not surprised people are getting it on more than 1 purchase. They can't run a promo to save their life.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I used a prepaid debit card to buy some stuff yesterday and I don't have any pending points. Should I just wait or send them a message tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Has the purchase posted to your account yet? It can take up to 3 days for that to happen.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Has the purchase posted to your account yet? It can take up to 3 days for that to happen.[/QUOTE]

Not yet.[/QUOTE]

Well, It can take a few days for that to happen and when it does your bonus points will show.

Pretty cool, did the stupid app, now I just need to spend $10. Does anyone know how often those polls allow you to get 10 RZ points?

[quote name='J7.']Pretty cool, did the stupid app, now I just need to spend $10. Does anyone know how often those polls allow you to get 10 RZ points?[/QUOTE]

There's a couple of them atm like the ultimate gym. They give a decent amount of points aka free money

If I use 2 $5 RZ Certificates to down the item price from 19.99 to 9.99 and adding another item making the total price more than $10 would also qualify? Sorry if this was already asked. I want to make sure it's not just 1 item for $10 or more per transaction to qualify.

Thanks!

Someone wanted to know PAGES ago if the promo works with buying ZOE with the GZ $10 off coupon, and it does. My points are now pending.

[quote name='Deader2818']If you bought it yesterday, wait 2-5 days. Thats how long it takes to show up.[/QUOTE]
My bluray season shipped thur and ordered when this went live but nothing. I paid full on my cc no certs or credits used.

[quote name='mikepeluso']If I get an item price matched could that screw this offer up?[/QUOTE]
Nope, just make sure the total before tax is more than $10 just be safe.

On another note I got 2 pending 500 points for the Facebook promo as others have already said.

So I'll just buy a $10 gift card then come back and spend the extra $10 plus the gift card...a free 10 dollars sweet!

[quote name='StingrayX']So I'll just buy a $10 gift card then come back and spend the extra $10 plus the gift card...a free 10 dollars sweet![/QUOTE]

The Rewards FB page doesn't seem to be loading for me right now but from what I recall the only text on the "coupon" is "excludes giftcards".

[quote name='StingrayX']So I'll just buy a $10 gift card then come back and spend the extra $10 plus the gift card...a free 10 dollars sweet![/QUOTE]

You do that!

not the BB gift cards though, read the OP ;)

bread's done
Back