For Michael Moore haters!

Was it alright for Saddam to commit war crimes? You would be singing a different tune if you or your family lived under Saddam's rule or if your Saddam had commited war crimes against your family!

[quote name='soulyogurt'][quote name='killswitch64']... I am a Veteran and I think Michael Moore is one of the most unpatriotic people I have ever heard of. I would be willing to use my own hard earned money to buy him a one way first class ticket out of this country if he thinks it is so bad![/quote]

I am a veteran, and I believe Michael Moore is a great patriot.

Who cares more about the nation, the lying cheating stealing warmongers who are shaming us in front of the world, who are showing the world America's ass, and trodding not only on other nations to do so, but also our own folks, or the people who want to improve things, who want to correct our leader's mistakes, who want our nation to be a shining example to the world?

'Love it or leave it" is about the stupidest damn thing I have ever heard anybody say....

*sigh*[/quote]

Ya know, I don't really feel like getting too drawn into this but you have heard some of the things that Moore has said about America and Americans in speeches in other countries, right?

Michael Moore only cares about one thing and that's money in his pocket. If he cared about this country he would be out promoting the positive things that Kerry (whom he didn't even like at the beginning, he was behind Wes Clark at first) wants to do for this country.

[quote name='killswitch64']Was it alright for Saddam to commit war crimes? You would be singing a different tune if you or your family lived under Saddam's rule or if your Saddam had commited war crimes against your family![/quote]

I didn't say it was right to commit war crimes, but i think that that would none of our business, and that is not what the US was led to believe this war was about.

[quote name='killswitch64']Also, we didn't take over any country, we freed the Iraqi people from a ruthless dictator![/quote]

And all the innocent people we killed to "free the iraqi" were what? Casualities for a greater cause? My ass. What a load of shit

[quote name='Pylis']ZarathosNY: How has Kerry proven he cares about the security of this country? Also, you misinterpreted what Bush said. He basically said that since Bin Laden is on the run, he has no power to do anything.

Edit: Missed your post, sorry about that. But here's something else you overlooked. You say Bush doesn't care about security because he went into Iraq. Well, you know who voted to go into Iraq? Here's a hint: Kerry.[/quote]

you seem to forget what the vote was for exactly. The vote was to go into Iraq as a last resort. Congress was given false info from Bush. If they had the correct info, it would have never passed. Budh had also said before the vote that he would go before the UN first and try and get their support. Instead, he went right into Iraq. Not only did he rush in, he rushed in with no plan, except to give our tax money to Halliburton with no bid contracts. HAlliburton then went and overcharged us for everything.

[quote name='WarrenGekko'][quote name='ZarathosNY'][quote name='WarrenGekko']Bin Laden was never running Afghanistan. He couldn't find bin laden so he gave up and went after Hussein because he knew where he was. Bush has shown he does not care for the security of this country, while Kerry has proven he does. If you are voting on the security of this country, you should vote for Kerry. //

I don't know that Kerry has proven himself that he cares for the security of this country more than Bush.
I really beleive that Bush does care about the security of this country which is why he is able to do unpopular and risky moves (like invading Iraq) that the past president was not willing to do for fear of not getting elected or bad PR.[/quote]

One of the reasons why I said that Kerry cares more about the security of this country than Bush is that Kerry REQUESTED to be sent to Vietnam, and did not hide out in a unit that had no chance of being sent over.[/quote]

Oh. I see what you are saying. But, I still don't think that means that Bush is less concerned about security. In fact, I would think the opposite. I would think he would definitely make sure that nothing happens here since he want to avoid these types of things.[/quote]

Judge Bush by his actions. In Aug he gets the PDB that says "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" What did he do? Stay on vacation. What were his actions on 9/11? He was told about the first tower being hit BEFORE going into the classroom in Florida. So what does he do? Go on to the phot o-op. We were attacked and he CONTINUES WITH A PHOTO-OP. The second planes hits while in the classroom and he decides...TO CONTINUE WITH THE PHOTO OP. After leaving the classroom what does he do? He flies around all day and then hides out in North Dakota.
After 9/11, he opposed creating a homeland security dept, but then when he saw how popular the idea was, he supported it. He also opposed forming the 9/11 commision to find out what went wrong so we can better defend ourselves. When he saw he couldn't stop it, he made it hard for them to do their job by blocking the information made available to them at every turn. Tell me, how exactly are these actions showing concern about the security of our nation?

[quote name='Pylis']ZarathosNY: How has Kerry proven he cares about the security of this country? Also, you misinterpreted what Bush said. He basically said that since Bin Laden is on the run, he has no power to do anything.

Edit: Missed your post, sorry about that. But here's something else you overlooked. You say Bush doesn't care about security because he went into Iraq. Well, you know who voted to go into Iraq? Here's a hint: Kerry.[/quote]

Pylis,

Bush can't have it both ways. He can't say bin Laden is on the run and powerless, and then keep issuing these new terror warnings that say al Queda is preparing for a massive new attack on the United States. I would say all of the warnings that keep coming from his administration make bin Laden a continuing threat.

Also, Kerry voted for the war based on false and erroneous information propogated by the Bush administration. If Bush had given the weapons inspectors the chance to finish their jobs, we would have known there were no WMDs and probably would have better spent our time securing Afghanistan and capturing bin Laden, the man who DID attack America.

[quote name='Pylis'][quote name='dafoomie']So, Bush using 9/11 in his campaign ads is ok, but Moore using it to argue a point politicly (and make money) is not? I find that very hypocritical.

Also, Bush's campaign ads are not there to remind you why we're fighting terrorism. They're there to help him get re-elected.[/quote]

Well, Bush is more or less allowed to use it in his campaign ads because it's an actual event that happened under his presidency. Should he pretend that we aren't in a war and that this never happened so he isn't exploiting a tragedy? He's presenting his side of an important issue, and 9/11 is in part a reason for his opinions. Is this stuff there to get him reelected? Sure. But in order to get reelected, he has to present his reasons for believing that war is necessary.

If Moore wants to make a political point using 9/11, he's more than welcome to if the assertions are honest (which most of the ones made in the movie are not). He's charging people money for a political point based on 9/11, which to me seems to be exploitation of this tragedy.[/quote]

You may have forgotten this, but Bush was selling his 9/11 photos for $150 each (during a campaign fundraiser).

And why don't you go watch Farenheit 9/11 before you talk bad about it, okay? IT WAS NOT ABOUT 9/11, HE DID NOT SHOW ANY PICTURES OF THE ATTACKS EVENT! THE MOVIE WAS ABOUT THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION TAKING ADVANTAVE OF IT TO THEIR OWN POLITICAL AND FINANCIAL GAIN!

[quote name='dennis_t'][quote name='Pylis']ZarathosNY: How has Kerry proven he cares about the security of this country? Also, you misinterpreted what Bush said. He basically said that since Bin Laden is on the run, he has no power to do anything.

Pylis,

Bush can't have it both ways. He can't say bin Laden is on the run and powerless, and then keep issuing these new terror warnings that say al Queda is preparing for a massive new attack on the United States. I would say all of the warnings that keep coming from his administration make bin Laden a continuing threat.

Also, Kerry voted for the war based on false and erroneous information propogated by the Bush administration. If Bush had given the weapons inspectors the chance to finish their jobs, we would have known there were no WMDs and probably would have better spent our time securing Afghanistan and capturing bin Laden, the man who DID attack America.[/quote]

Al Queda cells opereate independantly. If Osama did fall, some of those cells would go with them. Kerry is just an asshat that votes however people want. He would risk his image by voting no. He is a loser.

[quote name='BigNick']Kerry is just an asshat that votes however people want. He would risk his image by voting no. He is a loser.[/quote]

Yeah, because we wouldn't want our politicians to vote how we want them to. Thats not what a Representative Democracy is or anything.

[quote name='jalu6'][quote name='BigNick']Kerry is just an asshat that votes however people want. He would risk his image by voting no. He is a loser.[/quote]

Yeah, because we wouldn't want our politicians to vote how we want them to. Thats not what a Representative Democracy is or anything.[/quote]

Yeah, I say we replace all the asshats that vote for the people with honest men who help out corporate CEOs.

Trickle down Reaganomics all the fucking way!

*sarcasm

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I'd just like to point out the hillarity of this article where Osama bin Ladens half brother comments on "Farenheit 9/11" I won't even put into quotes the good stuff. It's too funny for words.

bin Laden Family Members Dispute F 9/11 Bush/Bin Laden Family Ties and Accuracy of Moore "Facts" [/quote]

Say it isn't true! You mean Moore stretched half-truths AGAIN in one of his movies?!?!

Also since tone is hard to tell, that was dripping with sarcasm.[/quote]

Holy grap, a bin Ladin came out and told us the truth, Michael Moore is a liar! You can't find a more trustworthy source than that!

Thank you PAD for showing us this.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I'd just like to point out the hillarity of this article where Osama bin Ladens half brother comments on "Farenheit 9/11" I won't even put into quotes the good stuff. It's too funny for words.

bin Laden Family Members Dispute F 9/11 Bush/Bin Laden Family Ties and Accuracy of Moore "Facts" [/quote]

I suppose it's some measure of the desperation Repubs feel about the movie that they would actually want to have a bin Laden on their side, carrying their water. Good thinking, fellas!

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I'd just like to point out the hillarity of this article where Osama bin Ladens half brother comments on "Farenheit 9/11" I won't even put into quotes the good stuff. It's too funny for words.

Say it isn't true! You mean Moore stretched half-truths AGAIN in one of his movies?!?!

Also since tone is hard to tell, that was dripping with sarcasm.[/quote]

Holy grap, a bin Ladin came out and told us the truth, Michael Moore is a liar! You can't find a more trustworthy source than that!

Thank you PAD for showing us this.[/quote]

I'd put just as much faith in him as I would Michael Moore when it comes to telling the truth. Plus, the 9/11 Commission wasn't liars yet their report matches his story and it doesn't match Moore's.

bread's done
Back