for those of you collecting gamecube games

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
what games on the system do you consider must haves as well as what games tend to be rare or hard to find? ive been looking around for cube games since the systems went to the next gen and have gotten most of the games i wanted but every so often i wonder if im not missing something out there. like is luigi's mansion worth owning or how about animal crossing? are the harder to find games like the zelda collectors edition or the oot/Ura zelda , star wars jedi outcast 2 or mario tennis worth plunking down 40 or more bucks to own?

Must haves:

Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion (2nd fav. only to Symphonia)
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Beyond Good and Evil (if you don't have any other system as they are cheaper on others)
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Tales of Symphonia (this is probably my favorite)
MGS Twin Snakes

There are more but Im struggling to think of things. I will edit as I go. Obviously these are just my opinion but I found all to be excellent and definitely worth owning.

I would pass on stuff like Mario Power Tennis and Golf as you are pretty much assured there will be a better version (or at least similiar) of the same thing on the wii (strikers charged for example).

Games like RE4 and Twilight Princess I feel are better on the Wii also.

The Zelda Collector's disc is awesome. Until the release of Phantom Hourglass, every single Nintendo Zelda game could be played on the GC if you have the Gameboy Player. My list of must haves is probably different than others, mostly because of what I play --
Puyo Pop Fever
Pacman Vs -- Hard to find the original disc, as it came free with pre-orders of iNinja and a few other Namco games, but you can pick this up in Pac-World 2 and, frankly, it's worth getting PacWorld 2 merely for this game.
Paper Mario: Thousand Years Door
Gameboy Player -- with the Gamecube on its last legs, this has dropped considerably in price. Lots of fun and brings a whole new library of games available to play on the Cube, ranging from GBA to GB games -- and it's just awesome to play games like Golden Sun, Mario, and the GB/GBA Zelda games on the TV.

I was also thinking about this before Gamecube games go the way of Gameboy Advance. I want to pick up Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario, TOS, and Baten Kaitos 2.

I got smash bros melee and mario kart double dash for gamecube +bleach ds at toys r us for the buy 2 get 1 free sale. Do you guys think the gamecube games are worth it or should I wait for them to come out in the wii? One reason is that my son has his gamecube at his grandparents and I thought they may have fun playing with him on these multiplayer games.

[quote name='mickeyp']I got smash bros melee and mario kart double dash for gamecube +bleach ds at toys r us for the buy 2 get 1 free sale. Do you guys think the gamecube games are worth it or should I wait for them to come out in the wii? One reason is that my son has his gamecube at his grandparents and I thought they may have fun playing with him on these multiplayer games.[/quote]

i think they are btu this is coming from a hardcore wii hater lol. ive been collecting diff gamecube games for a whiel now mostly the stuff i like and would play multiple times and some hard to find stuff. if you like any gc games id say now is as good a time as any to load up on your favorites since many can be found used for cheap as well as new for cheap.

[quote name='mickeyp']I got smash bros melee and mario kart double dash for gamecube +bleach ds at toys r us for the buy 2 get 1 free sale. Do you guys think the gamecube games are worth it or should I wait for them to come out in the wii? One reason is that my son has his gamecube at his grandparents and I thought they may have fun playing with him on these multiplayer games.[/quote]

Considering that you can play GC games on the Wii they are totally worth it. Also, the two you bought are two of the best cube games out, and great for multiplay. Mariokart Wii is still a loooong way off, and Smash Bros wont be here for another 4 months so you should get good value out of those games.

And Bleach DS rules!

What are some good GC games that are lesser known, but worth picking up cheap? I'm not talking about the obvious ones like Metroid, Mario, etc..

An older game that I haven't seen a post for yet on here is Eternal Darkness, I am not much for the survival/horror genre of games, but i absolutely love this game. If you can find it, it would be totally worth getting.

[quote name='Dezuria']What are some good GC games that are lesser known, but worth picking up cheap? I'm not talking about the obvious ones like Metroid, Mario, etc..[/quote]

get the sar wars games for the gc. especially jedi knight 2 jedi outcast damn game is probably the best game out there that represent what its liek to be a jedi in an action form ( until force unleashed is released) and ti has multiplayer.

the flying games are cool too and you can get those pretty cheap but jedi outcast is hard to find and will cost you money.

bread's done
Back