for those of you who took advantage of TRU b2g1 free deal

sonic911

CAGiversary!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you guys don't open your 3 games, you can possibly return all 3 of them for xbox 360 games(some are $50 and the others, you may have to pay the difference). I think it's a great deal if it works.

I've thought about doing this.........

Worst case scenario is you get your $100 + tax back if they wont let you trade......

Why did you make a new thread for this? You've been around long enough to know better.

You would have to return them all without a receipt, because the promo won't be in the computer by the time the games launch. I'd feel pretty guilty about doing this one though.

Seems like the flier I saw said Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube games... May have listed the consoles intentionally to prevent this from happening.

[quote name='chargeup45']You would have to return them all without a receipt, because the promo won't be in the computer by the time the games launch. I'd feel pretty guilty about doing this one though.[/QUOTE]

Return 2 games with the gift receipt and keep the one you got free at home. Why can't you return the 2 you paid for and pay the difference to get something else? Use some nice story about getting them as gift for your nephew or lil brother but now the person got rid of his PS2 to buy a 360. If they go for it sell the game new on Ebay or trade it for $35 or $30 at GR. That would be $90+tax for 2 $60 games. (100, return 2 and pay $20, minus at least $30 credit at GR or cash on Ebay for the third game).

[quote name='$hady']Return 2 games with the gift receipt and keep the one you got free at home. Why can't you return the 2 you paid for and pay the difference to get something else? Use some nice story about getting them as gift for your nephew or lil brother but now the person got rid of his PS2 to buy a 360. If they go for it sell the game new on Ebay or trade it for $35 or $30 at GR. That would be $90+tax for 2 $60 games. (100, return 2 and pay $20, minus at least $30 credit at GR or cash on Ebay for the third game).[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you give them a different phone number than the one you used to buy the games with.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Just make sure you give them a different phone number than the one you used to buy the games with.[/QUOTE]
Heh... I always give my old apartment number when making "illegitimate" purchases, whether trade fodder or whatever. Only with games I am buying for myself, and generally without subterfuge do I use my real number.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Just make sure you give them a different phone number than the one you used to buy the games with.[/QUOTE]

Is this just out of paranoia or is there a reason for this? I may do this with one of the games I got. Maybe.

Last year, if you had gift receipts you could return any of the games, free or otherwise, for credit but ONLY after a certain amount of time. I think it may have been 45 days, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='spideymike']Is this just out of paranoia or is there a reason for this? I may do this with one of the games I got. Maybe.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it's mostly paranoia. That way, the record they have of returning via a gift receipt is for a different person than the record of the purchase. I'm pretty sure there's nothing they're going to check against at the time of your return, though. If they even ask your number when you return.

I just returned 1 of my 3 games with a gift receipt, got ~$40 on a gift card... so I guess if you have gift receipts for all 3 games.. technically you can get $120 (3 $40 games) on gift card and use it for 360. I can't back this up since I never tried this.

bread's done
Back