Forgotten Realms CRPGs 50% off at Impulse

In the Impulse client, these are listed as the "Daily Deal". I thought this meant they were going to be doing a daily deal like Steam, but this has been the "daily" deal for the last three or four days.

[quote name='Zbornak']In the Impulse client, these are listed as the "Daily Deal". I thought this meant they were going to be doing a daily deal like Steam, but this has been the "daily" deal for the last three or four days.[/QUOTE]

I believe they are the Weekend Impulse Buys according to the newsletter.

Tempted on Icewind Dale.... most of these are listed as DRM free, does that mean you do not have to use Impulse to play them at all?

And can you use gamestop gift cards to purchase from impulse?

I remember playing the first BG a looooong time ago, but was to young to really understand. Thinking about picking that one up. Are the others any good? Which is the best overall for someone who's never played?

Thanks!

baldur's gate 2 is one of, if not, the best CRPG. It's just... epic. Icewind dales are pure hack and slashers in which you create all 6 members of the party and just go and wreck shop... so if you want pure action and slashing and loot grabbing, then pick up icewind dale 1 or 2...

If you only get 1... get BG2 complete.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Tempted on Icewind Dale.... most of these are listed as DRM free, does that mean you do not have to use Impulse to play them at all?[/QUOTE]

You need the Impulse client to install them, but other than that, no (i.e. you can uninstall the client after installing the game).

I don't think any game currently requires Impulse to run in the background.
Not even the old Stardock games.
It's optional to run-in-the-background, basically.

Hmmm I'm jumping on Buldar's Gate II, the first game my dad bought me so it has some meaning haha (besides being an awesome game)

Wonder if I can get back into NWN?

[quote name='SuxoR']Hmmm I'm jumping on Buldar's Gate II, the first game my dad bought me so it has some meaning haha (besides being an awesome game)

Wonder if I can get back into NWN?[/QUOTE]

BG2 is fantastic.
And Throne of Bhaal is one of the best expansions I've ever played.

Also, NWN: Hordes is an excellent expansion - and it's better than the Original NWN campaign AND SOTU expansion by a mile.

bread's done
Back