Forza 2 $14.99 Used @ gamefly.com [repost - see Gamefly Year End Sale Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofrog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I am currently renting Forza 2 and I swear the keep it price as around $28 yesterday and today it is $14.99. There maybe more price drops as well, but this is the only one I noticed.

EDIT: Seems it is part of a End of the Year Sale: Linky

Not to thread crap, but if you can find a GS/EB that has the Forza 2/Marvel combo pack, it's only $20. If you haven't played either game, that's a helluva deal.

[quote name='hoofrog']Is it one disc with both games? I am not sure how they were packaged in the newer 360's.[/QUOTE]

It's 2 separate disks but they're both in 1 case. Two manuals too.

[quote name='Josef']I take it I should avoid Two Worlds, even at $9.99?[/QUOTE]

$10 seems to be a fair price for this game. I have it and its honestly not THAT bad. It's fun for a while once you figure everything out.

Gamefly's stuff is generally in very good condition. I've only bought one used game from them (and everything in the packgae was in near mint condition), but almost every, single game disc I've ever got in a rental was in very good shape.

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']How are the conditions of the used games?[/quote]

As was stated before, Gamefly is a very safe bet in my book. I have bought several games from them in the past and all cases and manuals are mint, the games are generally near mint, but I usually rent and then "keep it" once I confirm it is in good condition.

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']How are the conditions of the used games?[/QUOTE]
Hit or miss. Out of 3 games I've ordered from them one was scratched enough to the point where it affected the game. The cases and manuals should be like new though since AFAIK they don't get sent out with the games being rented.

I actually have this one rented out right now. For $13.49 (with my 10% off), I might have to go ahead and hit the 'Keep it' button.

Chris

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']Oh, so wait you can rent games, and than Keep them, without having to pay an additional fee, lol?[/quote]

Yes you can, if the game is for sale. Normally, the only ones that are not on sale are older titles that are hard to find. I picked up Orange Box for $40 something a week after release by using the "keep it" option.

[quote name='sacreddoctor']any coupon codes for free shipping and such?[/quote]

None needed. Members always get free shipping and right now, for the sale until Jan 04, 08, free shipping for all.

[quote name='whoknows']Hit or miss. Out of 3 games I've ordered from them one was scratched enough to the point where it affected the game. The cases and manuals should be like new though since AFAIK they don't get sent out with the games being rented.[/quote]

Indeed. GF sends you the rented games in sleeves, and they hold onto the cases and manuals.

Now there is free shipping on everything, I already paid for shipping....Is there anyway to cancel my order from earlier today?

Eesh. Money's tight, but I've heard good things about Crackdown, and Forza 2 would be pretty good. Might procrastinate a while and see if they get any cheaper as they sometimes do on Gamefly sales.

[quote name='reibeatall']Not to thread crap, but if you can find a GS/EB that has the Forza 2/Marvel combo pack, it's only $20. If you haven't played either game, that's a helluva deal.[/QUOTE]

Is it down to $20 bucks used? Last time I saw it I think it was still $30 bucks. I'm sure that it will eventually hit under 10 bucks like every other MS pack in. But if it's only $20, I'd be willing to pick it up and give away Marvel since I already have it.

With probably a million and a half pro bundles sold in the US Nov/Dec, you'll be able to get a better deal on the forza 2 / marvel UA pack I bet.
EB has the b2g1f on used right after christmas.

I ordered Two worlds like a week ago prior to the sale. Now the sale is offering free shipping and a huge discount. I sent customer service an e-mail requesting a credit. Is Gamefly reputable to give me a credit (whether money or store credit)? My future business with them is contingent of them doing the right thing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back