Forza 2 or DiRT?

xplode427

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
i've played both the demos and i really like them both. Forza 2 is $42 and DiRT is $44 to keep from gamefly.i love racing games, but i've never been into sims before. forza's braking line is very useful, and i'm sure i'd get used to the realistic driving style and get rid of it. forza is not as pretty, but has sooo many cars and is a fun challenge. DiRT is very good looking and has the sweet cockpit view. it felt more arcade-ish from the demo, which is what i'm used to (i've mostly played need for speed, ridge racer, burnout series). anyways, any opinions? btw, i don't care much for online racing so the comparatively crappy multiplayer that Dirt offers is not really much of a factor for me.

edit: i got forza 2 from craiglist

thanks everyone for your input.

i'm sure i'll rent DiRT from gamefly sooner or later.

DiRT's lack of online kills it for the most part. Race Driver One will have everything in it including online so thats the game most people will get. As for Forza, you can do jsut about everything, from online, to drifting, to anything. Definitely a great game.

I think Forza2 is better in most every way, and would easily be the one I would pick if I had to choose. Fortunately for me I was able to get both.

DiRT has better environment visuals, and the driver cam view is pretty cool. Its really a matter of whether you'd prefer an arcade racer to a sim. I personally like Forza 2 better, as it offers alot more. Once you get used to the controls and tuning, its alot fun. Plus, there's so many cars, the custom paint feature, and of course, online multiplayer.

Dirt is pretty good, but can easily be finished in a week or so or shorter for some people. Forza is great because it gives more replayability through online and such.

Now the issue is that you like prefer the arcade feeling over the sim feeling. Dirt gives you the nice arcade dash cam view that you like, but it feels very repetitive. Forza feels a lot more realistic and has more stuff to it, like more cars and customization.

If you want a short arcade like racer go with Dirt
If you want a long sim like racer go with Forza 2
If you want a crazy fun Dirt like racer wait for Flatout UC.

It really depends on the kind of racer you like. I think both of the games are great and have something to offer. They are distinct enough that if you are just a fan of racing games, you can enjoy each game on a different level.

Dirt is definetly more fun for me. And it can offer a challenge, just try Helmet Cam in a CORR race.

Forza is more work, but can offer more rewards like a custom car or racing online.

I am getting pretty board of DIRT and I am only about 28% through career mode. Forza is just not for me. I kinda wish I just waited for PGR4.

I found DiRT a lot of more fun to play than Forza, but I finished the game in about a week or so, and being that there was no true online, I ended up selling it. I think Forza could keep you busy for months.....

I got Dirt this weekend and I think's it's pretty sweet, very fun to play so far. Well worth getting IMO.

I can't comment on Forza 2 cos I've only played the demo. Obviously they're very different styles of racing.

bread's done
Back