Forza 3 $6.99 +7.99 Shipping @ Amazon

Yeah, that's not Amazon, it's Quickbuys. Amazon's charging $30.

Surprisingly accessible racing game though...even for people like me for whom "arcade" style racing games are usually way too hard.

Had better ratings then GT5! So It's a good racer, and from one racing season/year I can vouch It's a amazing game.

Though the Platnium Hits version is the way to go, or save up for the new version that will use Kinect.

As a community we should boycott sellers that charge more for shipping than what it costs. This seller is clearly messing with it.

I don't understand why anyone gives a shit how much shipping is when you're still paying half of what you'd pay Amazon.

[quote name='survivalism']i don't understand why anyone gives a shit how much shipping is when you're still paying half of what you'd pay amazon.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Survivalism']I don't understand why anyone gives a shit how much shipping is when you're still paying half of what you'd pay Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Because when people put shipping that high they are trying to catch you off guard/scam you... At least that's why I care, even if the game is priced low I'll skip it if the shipping is overpriced.

[quote name='i77ogical']As a community we should boycott sellers that charge more for shipping than what it costs. This seller is clearly messing with it.[/QUOTE]
agree

[quote name='Survivalism']I don't understand why anyone gives a shit how much shipping is when you're still paying half of what you'd pay Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Honesty, is all. You're free to ignore what I said. This game will only be getting cheaper.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']
Though the Platnium Hits version is the way to go, or save up for the new version that will use Kinect.[/QUOTE]

platinum hits version IS the way to go.

forza 4 should be good, but i think a lot of sim racers would rather use racing wheel and pedal set than an invisible wheel.

[quote name='frpilot']platinum hits version IS the way to go.

forza 4 should be good, but i think a lot of sim racers would rather use racing wheel and pedal set than an invisible wheel.[/QUOTE]

No one who is actually into sim racing is going to be using the kinect to steer, they will however probably use the head tracking which looks awesome.

I think the head tracking is a good idea, but turning your head away from the television doesn't seem to be good. Maybe if you have multiple screens, but to turn your head away from the tv to look towards the apex of a turn just doesn't seem like it will work that well to me.

[quote name='i77ogical']As a community we should boycott sellers that charge more for shipping than what it costs. This seller is clearly messing with it.[/QUOTE]

Your anger is misplaced. Amazon determines the shipping costs when you list these. When I put an item for sale the shipping cost is determined (right or wrong) based on the shipping type.

+3, to hell with these sellers making bank off shipping. :booty::drool:

I on principal, avoid them like the plague. :no:

[quote name='ZForce915']Your anger is misplaced. Amazon determines the shipping costs when you list these. When I put an item for sale the shipping cost is determined (right or wrong) based on the shipping type.[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time believing Amazon forces a seller to charge eight dollars to ship a game that weighs 8 ounces. Either way, doesn't change the issue, for me.

Also, there is no placed or misplaced anger in a boycott. It's just a group choice to avoid patronizing a certain business or type of purchase. Join it, or don't, I frankly don't care.

never used amazon to sell, but read the terms a while ago when considering it (didn't use Amazon marketplace because they charge 15% and other fees).

Anyways, iirc i thought if you categorize your item as a video game on Amazon marketplace, the standard shipping is $3.99; buyer buys your item pays Amazon, you ship item to buyer, amazon gives you the money for the item and $3.99 back less fees owed to them.

Not sure if there is a way around this, unless there is a loophole and sellers somehow select a higher shipping service method (priority, express, fed ex ground/ground, 2nd day air?) and tack on $7.99, but ship first class to rape on shipping fees.

Also, I recently updated the Pitney Bowes postage machine at my work for new fees effective April 17, 2011. Apparently, USPS is raising fees for first class mail. The one ounce rate will remain at $0.44, but additional ounces will increase. Not sure how much exactly (probably a few cents increase for each additional ounce), but i'm positive not enough to make shipping a game $8

Anybody know of an option in Amazon to filter out non-Amazon sellers on searches? I hate seeing, for instance, Might and Magic Clash of Heroes pop up at $11 just to click on it and find out shipping puts it higher than Amazon's regular price. And frankly, if it is not prime eligable, I am not interested.

You may modify your shipping rate if you have a Pro Merchant account at Amazon. So, even though people unloading a few used games on Amazon can't change the rate, the big merchants can.

One motivator for setting shipping rates high is that Amazon (unlike ebay) requires sellers to allow returns that fall within their Marketplace returns policy. The buyer does not get the shipping cost back. So, if the shipping cost is half the price of the item, and you refuse or return the item, you only get half the money back.

bread's done
Back