Forza 4 now with $10 credit on amazon

[quote name='joshnorm']Great, I wonder if my CE is going to get the credit also (since its sold out on Amazon its gonna be hard for me to find out)[/QUOTE]

Great question, I'd like to know this as well. Hopefully it applies.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Most CE's don't qualify for the credit so I don't see it happening here either[/QUOTE]Exactly, especially with one that has already sold out. No need to add a promo credit to it

[quote name='ssjmichael']Most CE's don't qualify for the credit so I don't see it happening here either[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']Exactly, especially with one that has already sold out. No need to add a promo credit to it[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured as much, but still worth asking just in case.

[quote name='joshnorm']Great, I wonder if my CE is going to get the credit also (since its sold out on Amazon its gonna be hard for me to find out)[/QUOTE]
Already emailed, they replied that the LE is not included in the $10 promo. I figured as much but it doesn't hurt to ask. Locked in the LE for $60 so I'm not complaining.

I also asked about release date shipping on the LE, but they said it is not currently available. They did upgrade me to 1-day shipping for free so that I could get it Oct 13 (for some reason my Prime 2-day delivery was scheduled for Oct 14, I guess they don't ship out the LE until Oct 12).

This game is gonna be incredible, and this bonus makes it better for the buyers. If I didn't get the CE for 59.99 way back when, I would be very excited about this deal.

[quote name='lilman']Already emailed, they replied that the LE is not included in the $10 promo. I figured as much but it doesn't hurt to ask. Locked in the LE for $60 so I'm not complaining.

I also asked about release date shipping on the LE, but they said it is not currently available. They did upgrade me to 1-day shipping for free so that I could get it Oct 13 (for some reason my Prime 2-day delivery was scheduled for Oct 14, I guess they don't ship out the LE until Oct 12).[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that's interesting. I was actually able to preorder a copy of the LE yesterday successfully and I have free release date delivery. Probably because I have Prime, but strange if that option is not available to you if you are a Prime member.

Definitely going to inquire about the credit come early next week.

I tried the demo and it's really just more of the same if you've played Forza 3. Most all of the courses are the same and no Porsche in Forza 4. The Kinect compatibility is a total waste of time. See you when you hit 20 or less, Forza 4.

[quote name='lilman']Already emailed, they replied that the LE is not included in the $10 promo. I figured as much but it doesn't hurt to ask. Locked in the LE for $60 so I'm not complaining.
[/QUOTE]

Locked in for $60 also, but I refuse to believe they won't give an additional $10 credit for the LCE.

This is what the caption says:
This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

Keep hope alive!

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I tried the demo and it's really just more of the same if you've played Forza 3. Most all of the courses are the same and no Porsche in Forza 4. The Kinect compatibility is a total waste of time. See you when you hit 20 or less, Forza 4.[/QUOTE]

Well its getting great reviews. Kinect is a side deal not a mandatory deal its using the the tech to show what it can do

[quote name='joshnorm']Well its getting great reviews. Kinect is a side deal not a mandatory deal its using the the tech to show what it can do[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a good racing sim, but then again....so was Forza 3. I just don't see enough to warrant a $60 purchase with so many other great games available now and in the next month or two.

i already have it preordered at newegg for 44.99, but i kinda want to get it on release day. Im thinking get it on amazon and sell off the exclusive car code to make up the difference.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I tried the demo and it's really just more of the same if you've played Forza 3. Most all of the courses are the same and no Porsche in Forza 4. The Kinect compatibility is a total waste of time. See you when you hit 20 or less, Forza 4.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I've bought all Forzas at launch but may skip this one because it's 99% feels like 3. One thing I hate about this series is there no way to adjust in contrast and brightness in game and Forza4 demo shows they aren't planning to impletement it again. I know I can adjust my TV but I don't want to adjust for every game. I think this along with sound level adjustments, as well as customizable controls should be standard in every game.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I agree. I've bought all Forzas at launch but may skip this one because it's 99% feels like 3. One thing I hate about this series is there no way to adjust in contrast and brightness in game and Forza4 demo shows they aren't planning to impletement it again. I know I can adjust my TV but I don't want to adjust for every game. I think this along with sound level adjustments, as well as customizable controls should be standard in every game.[/QUOTE]

That totally sucks the demo was too dark on my TV, and its a hassle to have to change the settings for that game and then change them back again.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I agree. I've bought all Forzas at launch but may skip this one because it's 99% feels like 3. One thing I hate about this series is there no way to adjust in contrast and brightness in game and Forza4 demo shows they aren't planning to impletement it again. I know I can adjust my TV but I don't want to adjust for every game. I think this along with sound level adjustments, as well as customizable controls should be standard in every game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='media_wonder']That totally sucks the demo was too dark on my TV, and its a hassle to have to change the settings for that game and then change them back again.[/QUOTE]

There is an on option for brightness.

http://i.imgur.com/Zb6hE.png

I can see that, but this game wasn't even on my radar until the demo. Its mostly like Forza 3, but its a sequel afterall. I havent played forza 3 in over a year and a half or more. PArtly the reason why i love it so much, it reminds me of the fun i had with forza 3, but it takes it to another level. There are so many games this season that demand my attention but the demo stole 60 bucks out of my pocket and lit it on fire. Tuesday cant come fast enough.

I also asked about release date shipping on the LE, but they said it is not currently available. They did upgrade me to 1-day shipping for free so that I could get it Oct 13 (for some reason my Prime 2-day delivery was scheduled for Oct 14, I guess they don't ship out the LE until Oct 12).[/QUOTE]

I preordered Forza 4 LCE on Aug 14th. On the 19th amazon emailed me saying "your recent video games purchases have netted you a total of $10* in amazon.com credit." The last game i got from amazon was portal 2 back in may. I'm still not sure why they gave me $10 credit.

I also tried to get release date shipping once I saw the standard Forza 4 was eligible but they wouldn't even upgrade me to 1-day shipping. My prime 2-day shipping is also scheduled for the 14th.

So you're not that into cars or racing games, it's understandable. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of every genre

Btw, for those who haven't already, make sure to email your preorder receipt to Turn 10 to get the Spirit R Unicorn:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/

I forwarded them my Amazon email confirmation from July and received the car in Forza 3 two days later. This car will auto import into Forza 4 when you load your Forza 3 profile.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I tried the demo and it's really just more of the same if you've played Forza 3.[/QUOTE]
I think the demo shows much improved handling. Forza 3 felt a bit... floaty? It didn't feel like the cars had enough weight. Maybe try the demo again and make sure to turn off abs, stability control, traction control, and use simulation steering.

I spent a lot of time in Forza 2 because we had a big oval racing team. Forza 3 was a total flop for most of us. some changes were for the better, but most ruined the game. Forza 4 IMO is on a whole different level and cannot wait to pick this up Tuesday morning.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']So you're not that into cars or racing games, it's understandable. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of every genre[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love racing games. Always been one of my favorite game types.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I absolutely love racing games. Always been one of my favorite game types.[/QUOTE]
Then I have no idea how you can say that Forza 4 is anything like 3

With those 3 cars it's easy to tell that the entire engine has been redone so not only are the car physics better then any other version of the game but the tire physics are the best that the sim genre has ever seen.

I don't even need to go into how good looking and smooth the game plays, the physics in the game are glaringly different.

[quote name='Japakneez']should i buy Forza 3 Ultimate? How many cars will import without me needing to play through that game?[/QUOTE]

at this point, only get Forza 3 Ultimate if you want all the DLC and all the cars.

Forza 4 is a huge improvement in so many ways. Not that Forza 3 was bad. It's just a little sterile (though still better than Gran Turismo 5 is lots of ways).

[quote name='lilman']Btw, for those who haven't already, make sure to email your preorder receipt to Turn 10 to get the Spirit R Unicorn:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/

I think the demo shows much improved handling. Forza 3 felt a bit... floaty? It didn't feel like the cars had enough weight. Maybe try the demo again and make sure to turn off abs, stability control, traction control, and use simulation steering.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

The handling feels very realistic. When I checked the simulation steering, the steering fought back. The STI got unstable with erratic steering inputs, just like real life. The unstability reminded me of the time it happened to me during a track day in my s2000.

this is an obvious buy for me. I just hope the sound isn't crappy and changes with exhaust upgrades.

[quote name='jay1981']I saw in the best buy ad today, that a pre order gets 5 cars, but the web site just shows the bmw. Anybody else see this?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a first run exclusive. Gamestop has it too.

Well I agree with everyone saying that its a huge improvment, in fact, F4 is what F3 should have been in my opinion. F3 wasnt a huge enough jump from F2.

For anyone whos only played F2, or missed out on F3, F4 will be utterly mindblowing. GT5 is somewhere in between F3 and F4 imo.

Maybe Forza 4 will get some a nighttime track DLC at least? one can hope... Id pay for it.

[quote name='jay1981']I saw in the best buy ad today, that a pre order gets 5 cars, but the web site just shows the bmw. Anybody else see this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when you pre-order from certain retailers you will get an exclusive car. All of the first run copies of the game include 5 bonus cars whether you pre-ordered or not.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']don't see enough to warrant a $60 purchase with so many other great games available now[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but this is among the GREATEST games. Theres great shooters and RPGS coming out, that will be ridiculous. but if you want racing... This is the best!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']So glad amazon honored their price mistake for the CE. Can't wait for mine to get here tomorrow. :D[/QUOTE]
Mine shipped also. I'm actually selling it to a buddy of mine (for the $60) since I'm not really interested in this CE

[quote name='DigitalE']Yeah, when you pre-order from certain retailers you will get an exclusive car. All of the first run copies of the game include 5 bonus cars whether you pre-ordered or not.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha thanks

[quote name='mgford11']The $10 really sent it over the top for me... My STI code is selling for $16.50 at the moment - 6 hours to go.[/QUOTE]

Dang! I just used my code. For that kind of scratch I would have just sold it.

Ah well at least my $60 CE is on the way. Now I just have to go back and finish Forza 3...

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']don't see enough to warrant a $60 purchase with so many other great games available now[/QUOTE]

everyone has different taste. on my preorder order at amazon, i have forza4, sonic generations, house of the dead overkill extended cut, dance central 2, ninja gaiden 3, and uncharted 3 (may get canned if no credit). i play enough of shooters for a life time since doom 1. of all the high profile shooters, i only picked one to preorder and even that might get canned if amazon doesnt offer a credit. to me, no shooter is worth $60 any more cuz there are so many. 7/10 releases are shooters.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']everyone has different taste. on my preorder order at amazon, i have forza4, sonic generations, house of the dead overkill extended cut, dance central 2, ninja gaiden 3, and uncharted 3 (may get canned if no credit). i play enough of shooters for a life time since doom 1. of all the high profile shooters, i only picked one to preorder and even that might get canned if amazon doesnt offer a credit. to me, no shooter is worth $60 any more cuz there are so many. 7/10 releases are shooters.[/QUOTE]
Just like the dime a dozen fighters in the 90s, shooters will (hopefully) fall off the radar for a while.

bread's done
Back