Forza 4 now with $10 credit on amazon

[quote name='MXRider']I ordered on saturday and my game still hasnt been shipped. Should I be worried? [/QUOTE]
no, my RDD games always ship Monday evenings

I got the $10 code in an email that said

"Thank you for purchasing "Forza Motorsport 4" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $10 credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 10/31/2012 (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, Gift Cards, and video rentals and downloads). To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com, add a qualifying item shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout. On the final checkout page, enter the promotional code listed above in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box. Once you click Apply, the discount should appear in your Order Summary.[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] The promotion code must be used by October 31, 2012. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions."
[/SIZE][/FONT]
It sounded like a general gift card-type (since it specifically says it excludes MP3s) so I entered it there, but when I checked my balance it actually gave me $10 for games, $10 for mp3s and $10 for video :D

I haven't bought anything because I don't want it revoked and charged but it says so when I go to check my promo balances on amazon MP3 so I may try and buy some stuff :)

Can anyone else confirm?

So I just pre-ordered Forza 4 from amazon a week ago, and today I received confirmation of shipping and apparently I am getting the Limited Edition. Is everyone getting the Limited Edition?

The Limited Edition is the one with the Steelcase and Artbook, right?

[quote name='TealPavelski']So I just pre-ordered Forza 4 from amazon a week ago, and today I received confirmation of shipping and apparently I am getting the Limited Edition. Is everyone getting the Limited Edition?

The Limited Edition is the one with the Steelcase and Artbook, right?[/QUOTE]
Wait, so you ordered the standard and are getting the Limited?

Wow, that's one awesome glitch. :D

[quote name='TealPavelski']So I just pre-ordered Forza 4 from amazon a week ago, and today I received confirmation of shipping and apparently I am getting the Limited Edition. Is everyone getting the Limited Edition?

The Limited Edition is the one with the Steelcase and Artbook, right?[/QUOTE]
Does it say limited edition or limited collectors edition? mine says the latter

Brother Daz, two limited editions? Amazon shows only the Collectors Limited Edition and lists it as Limited Edition.

I ordered mine in July btw.

[quote name='juanawoman']Wait, so you ordered the standard and are getting the Limited?

Wow, that's one awesome glitch. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ordered the Standard for $60.98, but in my shipping confirmation email it says Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition.

Here is a pic of my Shipping Invoice:
2w6s3t2.jpg

[quote name='Brother Daz']Does it say limited edition or limited collectors edition? mine says the latter[/QUOTE]

If you look on Amazon they list the game as Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition, they don't list it as Limited Collectors Edition.

I am excited to get the game, but now I am really excited to see which version I get.

[quote name='TealPavelski']Yeah, I ordered the Standard for $60.98, but in my shipping confirmation email it says Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition.

2w6s3t2.jpg

If you look on Amazon they list the game as Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition, they don't list it as Limited Collectors Edition.

I am excited to get the game, but now I am really excited to see which version I get.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Dude 419']Forza Motorsport 4

Is what mine says nothing about Limited Edition, hopefully you guys make out and get the limited.[/QUOTE]

You guys are likely getting the "standard" edition, since I ordered the Collector's edition and it says "Limited Collector's Edition."

Your Shipment Details

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com LLC):

Forza Motorsport 4: Limited Collector's Edition
$59.99

[quote name='TealPavelski']Yeah, I ordered the Standard for $60.98, but in my shipping confirmation email it says Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition.

2w6s3t2.jpg

I am excited to get the game, but now I am really excited to see which version I get.[/QUOTE]

I got in on the glitch way back when but here is what my order says:

Your Shipment Details

$59.99

[quote name='pjb16']You guys are likely getting the "standard" edition, since I ordered the Collector's edition and it says "Limited Collector's Edition."

Your Shipment Details

$59.99[/QUOTE]

Just checked mine and it says the same thing :D

it could be similar to EA. Just the first production runs will have limited DLC content. I think forza is giving out cars. if not i hate you guys

[quote name='Japakneez']it could be similar to EA. Just the first production runs will have limited DLC content. I think forza is giving out cars. if not i hate you guys

My order says Limited Edition too. On the main page for 4za the LCE is called Limited Edition. I don't think the LCE is the LE. I think the Limited Edition is just like what EA does with many of their games nowadays. We'll just get some cars thrown in for buying it sooner rather than later.

I think it depends on when you ordered the limited edition as to whether it's called LE or LCE. If you ordered very early on, it was just LE. A few weeks later it was changed to LCE. Should be the same game.

I noticed this b/c I had preordred the LE. When the announcement came that T10 was giving away bonus cars to people who preordered I noticed there was now a LCE version and my price had dropped to $60. Worried I was getting the wrong one, I changed my order to the [now] LCE for $80 just b/c I wanted to be sure to get the correct version. After a little more research, I found they were the same thing. I emailed Amazon, informed them of what happened, they gave me back my $20 discount (or pricing error...whatever) that I originally had. FWIW, the LE page disappeared once the LCE page went live.

I think (hope) you guys with the LE are safe.

Edit: Just noticed someone ordered on the 3rd. Doubt that's going to be the LCE since they weren't accepting preorders for the LCE there for a while.

If I get the LCE, great! If I don't, great! I ordered the standard edition on Oct. 3 and it showed up as the LE in my orders. I'm sure it's just the standard. I can't find the weight anywhere. Guess I gotta wait for it to ship.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Well, whoever got over 1lbs like you Daz got lucky :). Fortunately, I had one ordered at the price mistake and hope to receive mine also.[/QUOTE]
I got in on the price mistake a while back also. So I did order the CE

[quote name='Trance Addix']Well, whoever got over 1lbs like you Daz got lucky :). Fortunately, I had one ordered at the price mistake and hope to receive mine also.[/QUOTE]

I bumped up the thread I made when they had the price mistake thread on the CE. Haven't seen anyone post saying they got theirs canceled so if you got in when they had the CE priced at $59.99 then it should ship. Mine already shipped and will be here tomorrow. :applause:

Just looked on Youtube and seems to only be 2 editions, regular and limited. The limited edition on youtube is what we are calling limited "collectors" edition.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I got in on the price mistake a while back also. So I did order the CE[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad, but either way you're good to go. I am still waiting for my to ship, but it is coming from a PA warehouse.

And the LCE is around 1.2 lbs

[quote name='Brother Daz']1.20 lbs for mine[/QUOTE]
Where do you check the weight? I know I have seen it before on previous orders but I cannot find it for this one. Thanks

Shipping from UPS is 1.40 lbs and it says: Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition on the invoice

[quote name='The Dude 419']Where do you check the weight? I know I have seen it before on previous orders but I cannot find it for this one. Thanks[/QUOTE]

You have to pull up the UPS/FedEx site and use the tracking option to search for your package.

[quote name='joshnorm']Shipping from UPS is 1.40 lbs and it says: Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition on the invoice

You have to pull up the UPS/FedEx site and manually search for it.[/QUOTE] Are you saying you don't know what you will receive? Or you know you're going to receive the LCE?

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Are you saying you don't know what you will receive? Or you know you're going to receive the LCE?[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry I know I will be getting the Collectors ED with the Steelbook, I just wanted to point out another weight and what it says on my receipt. Should have clarified it.

[quote name='The Dude 419']I know I am getting the regular version and mine is .50 lbs hope that helps.[/QUOTE] That does help. I hope mine ships soon so I know!

[quote name='breakin2']Is the Limited Edition around to order anywhere?[/QUOTE] I'd try the Microsoft store. I know DeepDiscount had 'em for $70 the other day.

[quote name='mgford11']Anyone gotten their PreOrder Car code yet?[/QUOTE]

I got mine and would be willing to trade it for something. Also, apparently my game shipped a while ago but the site never updated. I had to call to figure out what was going on. So if anyone is still in Shipping Soon, give Amazon a call. I spoke with the American CSR -- don't know how helpful the Indian ones would be about this.

[quote name='mgford11']Anyone gotten their PreOrder Car code yet?[/QUOTE]

I got my Subaru code from Amazon this morning. I already used it, but I am kind of wishing I didn't cause I see they are going for $10-$15 on eBay.

So I am pretty sure you guys are right and I am just getting the regular edition, not the Limited Collectors edition. I checked the package weight and it is only 0.30lbs. Its fine with me cause I could care less about the artbook and steelbook. It would have been nice to have all those extra cars however.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but here is the link to download the M5 for free. I thought it was free for only the LCE copies. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thanks for the extra car. Any chance you know of a link for the Mini Cooper? That's the preorder car I wanted the most but I wasn't going to give up my $60 LCE for that. In retrospect I probably could have traded my WRX code but I used it the minute I got it without thinking. Ah well.

[quote name='TealPavelski']I got my Subaru code from Amazon this morning. I already used it, but I am kind of wishing I didn't cause I see they are going for $10-$15 on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Are the codes 25 character live marketplace codes? The code I just got a rep to issue me looks super funky.

Can you paste your email you got for me?

Was able to get a $10 credit after e-mailing Amazon regarding the promotional credit being offered for the standard game only. But figured I'd ask anyways since I was able to get the LE over the weekend.

Awesome customer service from Amazon as [almost] always!

[quote name='mgford11']Are the codes 25 character live marketplace codes? The code I just got a rep to issue me looks super funky.

Can you paste your email you got for me?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a 25 character code that I entered from the Dashboard. I would paste my email, but for some reason when I get my emails on my WP7 I can't get them on my computer, so I don't have the email anymore.

Haven't gotten the code yet, but page says they'll send it within 2 days of shipping (which was earlier today), so I'll be patient, but this is the first time they haven't sent it within hours of it shipping

[quote name='TealPavelski']I got my Subaru code from Amazon this morning. I already used it, but I am kind of wishing I didn't cause I see they are going for $10-$15 on eBay.[/QUOTE] I put up my Subaru code on eBay. I started it pretty high because I'm not sure if I want to sell it. I'm a huge WRX fan. If it sells high, then yay! If not, then whoo! Anyway, my limited edition shipped. It weighs .50 lbs. I guess it's the standard edition.

bread's done
Back